PS4 Zoom is worthless

Weaselboy

Terrarian
Zooming in is useless at the edge of the level as the zoom cuts out the view and you end up with a lot of the area outside the camera. This needs to be fixed as the PS4 version is completely unplayable around these areas because of it. The graphics are far too tiny if you don't zoom and off camera if you do. This should of been fixed well before 1.3 and it's inexcusable that it is still an issue.

This needs to be looked at by the devs and fixed. You can barely see anything at the default PS4 resolution and zoom leaves areas at the edge of the level completely off camera

Zooming in is useless at the edge of the level as the zoom cuts out the view and you end up with a lot of the area outside the camera. This needs to be fixed as the PS4 version is completely unplayable around these areas because of it. The graphics are far too tiny if you don't zoom and off camera if you do. This should of been fixed well before 1.3 and it's inexcusable that it is still an issue.
Thanks for sharing this info @Weaselboy. You may already have done this, but for others that are stopping by, be sure that you send in your bug information directly to the developers here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

It is the quickest way to let them know, and it goes directly to them. Posting bugs here is okay if you are wanting to alert other players, but to get your info to the devs, use the form. :) Be sure and include as much info as possible (world size, legacy world or not, be very descriptive, etc).

Fix this already!
You mentioned that you sent in the bug report using the link. When you did that, did you explain in detail exactly what the bug is - hopefully with video or screenshots, because I'm still not sure what the bug is. On PS4 and X1 you can zoom in or out, and I believe that works, so I'm not sure what your zooming bug is.

Just letting you know that getting upset with the developers and yelling at them probably isn't going to make them want to fix anything faster. :D

You mentioned that you sent in the bug report using the link. When you did that, did you explain in detail exactly what the bug is - hopefully with video or screenshots, because I'm still not sure what the bug is. On PS4 and X1 you can zoom in or out, and I believe that works, so I'm not sure what your zooming bug is.

Just letting you know that getting upset with the developers and yelling at them probably isn't going to make them want to fix anything faster. :D

Informing them with the report isn't helping it get fixed either. I reported this over a year ago.

As I said, if you zoom in while at the edge of the map the camera doesn't pan enough and your character can walk off camera. There's a gap of around 2 dozen squares between the camera and the edge of the map where you can't be seen.
If you don't zoom in, then you can't even play the game as everything is too small to see on your TV.

It really needs to be fixed already. When I first started playing, support was great at fixing stuff like this and they contacted people back to actually discuss what was going on. Now they just ignore you. This is a SERIOUS issue for consoles!

Back
Top Bottom