Items you think are overrated?

I've used megashark before. ALOT.
But then, I tried using the Uzi.
My life forever changed.
It does more DPS, and uses less bullets
I then recently used the Onyx blaster for the first time and OH MY GOD IT IS SO GOOD
It made the twins SO DAMN EASY!

I don't usually have enough souls to craft the megashark alongside the TNE, Pickaxe Axe, and Fire Gauntlet
and I can get Uzi pre-mech
the Uzi is basically like a knockoff cereal brand to the megashark
it tastes basically the same
and its cheaper

I don't usually have enough souls to craft the megashark alongside the TNE, Pickaxe Axe, and Fire Gauntlet
and I can get Uzi pre-mech
the Uzi is basically like a knockoff cereal brand to the megashark
it tastes basically the same
and its cheaper
Uzi: 37 damage x 4% crit chance x 6.67 hits per second = 256.5 dps.
Megashark: 32 damage x 4% crit chance x 8.57 hits per second = 285.3 dps.
Megashark has around 12% more base dps than Uzi, and this gap increases with better ammo damage due to its higher firerate. An entire Avenger Emblem worth of increased damage MINIMUM is not “exactly the same”
One is a quite rare drop from an enemy in the most difficult biome in the game.
The other is made of drops from a boss so ridiculously trivial to kill that people call literal normal kills of it cheese, and it’s summoned with incredibly common materials.

Learn to back up your points.

I've used megashark before. ALOT.
But then, I tried using the Uzi.
My life forever changed.
It does more DPS, and uses less bullets
Uzi uses significantly more bullets than megashark. Uzi may shoot slightly slower, but megashark has a 50% chance to not consume ammo and the uzi does not. Then again, higher ammo usage isn't really that big of a drawback (unless the ammo is difficult to get in large quantities e.g. fallen stars). The dps point has already been covered.

The uzi is a good weapon, and if you have one you have an okay justification for not making a megashark. However, the uzi is a 1/100 drop from an enemy in a biome you have no reason to be in during early hardmode. This makes it something you need to go out of the way for, and it takes a long time to grind, so you'd be better off grinding for something that has more longevity (e.g. dart weapons, which maintain viability far past when their dps drops off due to crystal/cursed darts), or just killing destroyer with a mediocre weapon and making the megashark.

Sweats will tell you "Ha why are you using a Mana flower? The Mana Regeneration Band is a good substitute"

There is no replacement for the Mana Flower, your mana usage will always outpace Mana Regeneration

Back
Top Bottom