Items you think are overrated?

It's literally just a stronger version of magic missile
you meant weaker right? if not, then the stats disagree with you

1709572402267.png
1709572426207.png

While its base stats aren't as good as Magic Missile's, it has piercing, allowing projectiles to hit twice. And it has a 50% chance of inflicting the "On Fire!" debuff.
they aren't even close, i went to do testing but like you cannot be further from truth, i used blank character with maxed mana and manacing magic flower as well as unreforged weapons

test was performed with 3 dummies and atacks were done butterfly clicking and then on autofire (no big difference observed)

Both weapons were able to hit all 3 of them so i guess both weapons have piercing, dps was measured by dps meter with maximum mana sickness from regular mana potions
Flamelash 130 up to 170
Magic Missile 160 up to 190

Flamelash consumed more mana and stacked mana sickness way faster, additionally Magic missile has higher base dmg and speed, thus the more dmg % you get the better it will be compered to Flamelash, debuf is in my opinion negligible as most enemies die with max 3 hits(bats ect in one) with right mage build, WoF is immune to On fire
Comclusion: Flamelash is bad and I'm willing to do way too much work to win argument

they aren't even close, i went to do testing but like you cannot be further from truth, i used blank character with maxed mana and manacing magic flower as well as unreforged weapons

test was performed with 3 dummies and atacks were done butterfly clicking and then on autofire (no big difference observed)

Both weapons were able to hit all 3 of them so i guess both weapons have piercing, dps was measured by dps meter with maximum mana sickness from regular mana potions
Flamelash 130 up to 170
Magic Missile 160 up to 190

Flamelash consumed more mana and stacked mana sickness way faster, additionally Magic missile has higher base dmg and speed, thus the more dmg % you get the better it will be compered to Flamelash, debuf is in my opinion negligible as most enemies die with max 3 hits(bats ect in one) with right mage build, WoF is immune to On fire
Comclusion: Flamelash is bad and I'm willing to do way too much work to win argument
I respect the commitment

It's different on moving targets that the projectiles will actually home onto, plus the Magic Missile's 'piercing' is just splash damage, which the Flamelash has on top of one pierce from the main projectile. You get higher single-target DPS with the Flamelash if you let both hits connect (not something you can really see easily with target dummies). But due to Flamelash's higher mana cost, the Magic Missile is more efficient for groups of enemies. So from what I've seen from them, both weapons have their own niche.

Edit: I guess to go more in depth, the Magic Missile performs its splash damage job better as well as is more spammable, so it's good against clumped-together enemies. The Flamelash can deal full damage to one enemy twice with each shot, so it's better for single enemies or multiple spaced out enemies.

Last edited:
Cobalt Shield can be really helpful for fishing and building without being impeded though. I'd rather be able to tank a few enemy hits than be forced to dodge things while trying to focus on something else.

It's different on moving targets that the projectiles will actually home onto, plus the Magic Missile's 'piercing' is just splash damage, which the Flamelash has on top of one pierce from the main projectile. You get higher single-target DPS with the Flamelash if you let both hits connect (not something you can really see easily with target dummies). But due to Flamelash's higher mana cost, the Magic Missile is more efficient for groups of enemies. So from what I've seen from them, both weapons have their own niche.

Edit: I guess to go more in depth, the Magic Missile performs its splash damage job better as well as is more spammable, so it's good against clumped-together enemies. The Flamelash can deal full damage to one enemy twice with each shot, so it's better for single enemies or multiple spaced out enemies.
idk if i'm doing something wrong but most of the projectiles after passing go into wall or something it seems that the only way to keep hitting one enemy both times is to keep coursor at it's exact location at all time, good luck doing that on WoF fight when you try to be as far away from him as possible
honestly dps difference is kinda inconsistannt on normal enemies coz while shooting z blood zombie(statue spawned of course) flamelash goes to very high mana sickness compered to magic missle before the zombie dies
I will check it with glass canon setup ones i have a moment

For WoF though, the nice thing about the Flamelash is that each shot can pierce through a Hungry and then hit the Wall itself. If you use Magic Missile though, you can use the instant and cheaper splash damage to hit a lot of bunched up Hungries.

Cobalt Shield & its upgrades.

Doesn't matter much if you're a glass cannon only player like me.
Tbh you don’t even need to be a glass cannon. Taking knockback is just not big of a deal beyond the first 2 minutes of the game where your only weapon is extremely close range

Also, magic missile is better for crowd control while flamelash is better for single targets.

It's bit more niche, but I think that the magic carpet is extremely overrated, it's just a temporary platform and for how annoying it is to get I just don't think it's worth it.

Guess that also means Pirate Staff is a better Pre-Mech minion than Blade Staff and even Sanguine Staff.

Stats don't tell the whole story.
They have different attack patterns I was comparing straight stats coz flamelash and magic missile have the same attack pattern aside from flamelash piercing
I already made my point about usefulness of piercing on single targets, somebody made a good point about WoF and it's minions
I said ones I get to the full glasscanon wizard setup I'll fight WoF using both of them and write my experiences , maybe time the fights

It's bit more niche, but I think that the magic carpet is extremely overrated, it's just a temporary platform and for how annoying it is to get I just don't think it's worth it.
you just can't get it if you don't have a pyramid, it's not in the fishing creates of desert.

Back
Top Bottom