Search results for query: *

1. Z

Game Mechanics Map zoom towards cursor

This is a feature that many other games have for player convenience. When using mousewheel to zoom in the big map it should do it towards the cursor. Currently it goes towards center of the screen, so you need to constantly wheel, move, wheel, move, ... to account for accuracy error of your...
  2. Z

Game Mechanics Reusing journey mode character - hp/mana reset button

Currently journey's research encourages collecting a huge amount of items. It would be much fun restarting game over and over but not having to remake character every time. You could choose to play with self-found items on a new world but then fill in from your collection when want to. This...
  3. Z

PC Bugs in Multiplayer 1.3.3

I'm hosting a dedicated server on same computer, and joined to it on 127.0.0.1 . 2 other people joined too from different countries. 1. At least once so far i got disconnected from server. 2. Sometimes i see items lag, as in they stay still on ground a few seconds when i walk over them. This is...
  4. Z

Game runs in "Slow motion" or low fps?

Have you tried the new Frameskip option: Subtle ?
  5. Z

Items Magma Stone tooltip change

Just a quickie. The current tooltip for Magma Stone is not very informative, and actual effect is very hard to test. Even the wiki mentions about this flaw. http://terraria.wiki.gg/Magma_Stone "Despite the tooltip not specifically saying so, the fire effect only works on melee weapons" Current...
  6. Z

PC 1/2 FPS with 1.3.1.

Yeah same thing, they didn't fix it since years ago Terraria 1.2 or something? Last checked now that FrameSkip On gives 40+ fps (and player actually moves slower, so it's not slowing just graphics updates but game logics too) and when Off it's buttery smooth 60. I've had numerous hardware setups...
  7. Z

PC In your opinion, what is the toughest invasion to defeat?

Well, considering how easy it is to make a lava trap (find a little bit of lead or iron to make 1 bucket), most invasions are just a faceroll. Even without lava you can build a hole for them to drop into and they can't get out. Dig 1-2 blocks small hole to shoot ranged into or use melee weapon...
  8. Z

Local Co-op in the future?

Ohh.. playing 4 player splitscreen games all on same keyboard... (Triplane, Wings, Minebombers, etc) Those were the times. Kids these days wouldn't know about it because most games don't try it. Too bad the hardware was never made to support that many simultaneous presses perfectly even today...
  9. Z

Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Without complicating UI more, this could be done with crafting. Say you have 2 of same kind of shortswords, you could go tinkering table and combine them. It would have different attack animation made then.
  10. Z

PC Terraria is too hard

I was talking about "average joe", not someone who knows about existence of wiki and forums :D
  11. Z

PC Terraria Boss Order [Expert Mode]

For expert mode i used this order without listing all the rest, Skeletron was a progress barrier so i was relieved with Wall of flesh being easier. Coming back with adamantite was a breeze: ... Wall of Flesh Skeletron Queen Bee ...
  12. Z

PC How to get a free server to play with friends?

No. Only the one with server does. Type "port forwarding terraria" or "terraria dedicated server" in google. For that you will not need Hamachi and you don't need to buy anything.
  13. Z

PC Terraria is too hard

Just putting this out, if there is any boss in normal mode that requires building something to be killed, it is too hard. If i need that kind of challenge i'd play expert mode. Assuming also with gear that is only obtainable before that boss. (No hallowed/chloro+ items on Twins or Destroyer) Is...
  14. Z

PC Possible fps lag fix for ATI cards

It's hard to describe, but it's more than that. If you want to skip frames, skip just rendering. If you start skipping physics too, bad things happen as we see with Terraria.
  15. Z

I used to have fps lag but with this it stabilized. Terraria's FPS limiter is just haywire so having the system's own limiter disabled can help. Sometimes with this setting i may see fps rise up to 400-800 so.. it's not that my machine isn't capable. Terraria itself is just pushing breaks too...
  16. Z

Can you try if this works for you? I have smooth'ish 60 fps with Frameskipping off, using these settings. Make custom profile for Terraria in your GPU settings like so (you can open it by right clicking your desktop - select AMD Catalyst), if you need to browse, Terraria.exe is located in...
  17. Z

How to tape two worlds together to make one huge world using a world editor program.

It's a bit awkward idea to try combine 2 medium worlds into large too. The worlds have different land height. If you want underworld to be where it's supposed to be, then grassy land starts somewhere in cavern backgrounds.
  18. Z

PC Slow-mo on Terraria latest version?

Minor typo detected. Requirement is something that is "required" and set by developers. System specification (specs) is a set of information about computer hardware (other terms may apply too). Carry on, just reading these through to find something useful. Friend with a super gaming computer...
  19. Z

Other steam workshop

There's nothing wrong with visibility. Add right tags and people will find your mod. I tend to go through ALL mods when i'm into a game with steam workshop. But for the general topic, i was just thinking of ways i would get back to playing Terraria and i think the solution is modding...
  20. Z

Terraria Server Lag

Try set the terrariaserver.exe process priority from high down to normal (you can edit the config file so it happens automatic, just ensure it does with task manager). I suspect the OS is not giving Terraria client enough network time, because by default the server is hogging all resources.
Back
Top Bottom