NPCs & Enemies Head of Cthulhu Boss

Alright everybody, the it's updated. Take a look at everything and tell me what to fix. :p
Definitely better now, the weapons still seem a bit OP though, all though I'm sure that was what you wanted. I noticed the Dragon armor was removed, and that's nice. Still needs something for ranged though. I'm still not a big fan of the idea, mainly because we already have 2 cthulhu themed bosses, which is quite empty, I personally think all the new bosses should be something different and unique, kinda like duke fishron, something new.

I'd fight it for just the trophy:p speaking of which, the trophy almost looks like a re-color of the EoC trophy, maybe make the trophy the eyepatch or the bandage perhaps.
Brain_of_Cthulhu_Trophy.png
index.php
They don't look the same...

I really don't want to spin off into a discussion about whether original Cthulhu lore should be taken into consideration in Terraria. However, let me say that lore is one of the reasons I dislike this suggestion as a whole.

Moving on.
Stats seem rather mediocre for what I assume is an endgame boss (Based on it's drops.) In fact, it's lower tier in terms of stats than Fishron (5000 more health, but significantly less atk/def).

Not to mention the fact that we currently don't have any detail about the AI of this boss. If it's just a "wham into player" enemy... not really fitting. Either way you'll have to pour more into that section.

Onto the drops:
Dragon armor: Why Dragon? It's an endgame melee armor (Not a mob/console player, but I believe Ocram is one of the more difficult, if not the hardest, boss?). Screws over the other classes some, and Melee really doesn't need another endgame armor.

Bandage: Effects are achieved with the Ankh Charm/Shield. Also, all four of those debuffs are fairly minor ones. Bleeding is almost completely pointless, Poison is 2 DPS, Fire is 4, and Weak is a small debuff to (mostly melee) abilities (it's also inflicted by a total of three enemies in the game.)
Bleeding, also three, Poison, four enemies (one a boss) plus two traps.

Eye Blaster: Why only a magic weapon? This boss makes ranged players very sad.
Not to mention the fact that it does a extreme amount of damage, based on the image I assume it's a fairly quick weapon. It could easily claim the position of highest DPS without even trying.

Coins: Way too much. Duke Fishron drops 1 gold and ten silver. Golem and Plantera drop 15 gold each. No boss goes over 15 gold.

In the end: No support. Needs quite a lot of work, and I don't support the concept of a killable Cthulhu head in the first place.

Although your sprites are pretty good. I have to give you that.
I fixed everything. Go ahead and see for yourself.

That's everything. Why is this necessary?

Why should any boss drop armor at all, let alone a console exclusive that not only does another boss drop, but can also be crafted?

This has every quality of a magic weapon, but is labeled as ranged. Ranged weapons wouldn't produce such projectiles, and It only shoots things already in the game.

All in all, I can't see anything I like in this suggestion. It doesn't really add anything worth having, and the loot table is almost shameful compared to other bosseswith loot tables. It kind of seems like something 505 would have done, had they not "stopped."

Also
index.php
terraria_player_base_bigger_by_mathewfizz11-d8m8rze.png

That's kind of large for a mask.
I fixed EVERYTHNG.
I hope you're happy.

This is really amazing. The sprites are something I could only dream of making, but one thing, the Bandage of Cthulhu is kinda OP.

Ranged weapon looks like it'll have more dps than the chain gun at first glance. I know it's supposed to be a late game boss, but I'm sure fishron is harder as well. Bandage of Cthulhu still doesn't seem worth using though.
[DOUBLEPOST=1426907739][/DOUBLEPOST]
Then it ends a good and last Cthulhu boss. :)
And not one where you can beat it in under a minute.
I'm sure I could beat this boss in under a minute. With a good variety of weapons. I mean, I can beat fishron in about 20-30 seconds.

What do you suggest the Bandage of Cthulhu does?
The OP is a WIP. I'll be happy for people to help me so more people can support. :p
[DOUBLEPOST=1426907818][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ranged weapon looks like it'll have more dps than the chain gun at first glance. I know it's supposed to be a late game boss, but I'm sure fishron is harder as well. Bandage of Cthulhu still doesn't seem worth using though.
[DOUBLEPOST=1426907739][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm sure I could beat this boss in under a minute. With a good variety of weapons.
You don't know the behavior of it, though.
The defense and health are greater than Duke Fishron.
And damage.

What do you suggest the Bandage of Cthulhu does?
The OP is a WIP. I'll be happy for people to help me so more people can support. :p
[DOUBLEPOST=1426907818][/DOUBLEPOST]
You don't know the behavior of it, though.
The defense and health are greater than Duke Fishron.
Did I mention I almost never use buffs? Rage potion, Ichor flask, Pumpkin pie (which is the only buff I use on a regular basis) and flairon, should be a minute at most.
EDIT: yea, only 5 k more health than fishron, and ichor removes 1 third of this bosses defense.

Did I mention I almost never use buffs? Rage potion, Ichor flask, Pumpkin pie (which is the only buff I use on a regular basis) and flairon, should be a minute at most.
EDIT: yea, only 5 k more health than fishron, and ichor removes 1 third of this bosses defense.
How does 90% of debuff's seconds reduces,
makes buffs 5% longer sound?

How does 90% of debuff's seconds reduces,
makes buffs 5% longer sound?
You quoted the wrong post:p but that sounds fantastic actually.
EDIT: maybe make it 10% a t least though. 5% is only 45 seconds for the pumpkin pie.
EDIT 2: or maybe just 30 seconds longer, cuz while that would be almost nothing for the pumpkin pie, it would be great for something like the magic power potion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom