Weapons & Equip "Removing" endgame armor set bonuses

Ironic because it is to give a sense of more uniqueness with the different armor sets. You now have a choice of what pieces to use and can create your own sets to an extent.
I don't think you understand what unique means. If multiple pieces give multiple buffs, each buff becomes LESS unique.

I don't think you understand what unique means. If multiple pieces give multiple buffs, each buff becomes LESS unique.
I don't think you understand.

As of now there are a few armor sets, with this there will be hundreds of potential sets.

Sure the buff will no longer to be specific to that set but it creates so many new sets that it doesn't matter.

I don't think you understand.

As of now there are a few armor sets, with this there will be hundreds of potential sets.

Sure the buff will no longer to be specific to that set but it creates so many new sets that it doesn't matter.
Summarizing what you just stated:
"quantity over quality"

i like the basic idea of each piece giving you a little more of the bonus, but i think it should be a smaller amount per piece.
Well, that's a call that needs to be made by a person with a special job: a beta tester.

I'm not a beta tester, so I just used my gut. But something tells me that cutting the bonuses into three equal pieces won't work for every armor set... then again, I'm not a beta tester, so what do I know?

If this suggestion gains support to the point that we'll actually have beta testers testing it out, then my cup runneth over.

I like the general concept of this, but it would require careful rebalancing as to make sure it was okay. Right away, I can see one I'd like to use: a combination of Palladium/Spectre Hood/magic Chlorophyte to give myself a high damage stat while still allowing for rapid healing.

Well, that's a call that needs to be made by a person with a special job: a beta tester.

I'm not a beta tester, so I just used my gut. But something tells me that cutting the bonuses into three equal pieces won't work for every armor set... then again, I'm not a beta tester, so what do I know?

If this suggestion gains support to the point that we'll actually have beta testers testing it out, then my cup runneth over.
Unsatisfactory. You cannot simply say that "you'll burn that bridge when you come to it". You change your suggestion based on early feedback.

Unsatisfactory. You cannot simply say that "you'll burn that bridge when you come to it". You change your suggestion based on early feedback.
The point of feedback is to get another point of view, ignoring feedback is a poor decision.

In any case maybe the full set bonus gets the highest amount of the effect? Just an idea.

Well, I did say that we were going to have to talk mathematics if we felt like rebalancing would be an issue, so can we have a bit more rationale?

I like frost armor with crystal bullets cause it looks cool. That is all that is valuable to me for the armor. This has made me severely upset. It *was* my favorite armor set.

So what would happen if one were to, say, wear beetle helmet or leggings? Would they just have no set bonus? That just doesn't sit well with me, though I have no idea how it could be fixed.

So what would happen if one were to, say, wear beetle helmet or leggings? Would they just have no set bonus? That just doesn't sit well with me, though I have no idea how it could be fixed.
Maybe have it default to the defensive one because it helps any class?
Well, I did say that we were going to have to talk mathematics if we felt like rebalancing would be an issue, so can we have a bit more rationale?
You're asking me? Actually I didn't think that far ahead.

You know, I always had a feeling in the back of my mind that set bonuses in Terraria were restrictive, and I wondered what it would be like to have bonuses that were applied based on specific pieces of armor that could be mixed and matched. However, I also can't help but wonder if it's too late to change it to a system like this...

You know, I always had a feeling in the back of my mind that set bonuses in Terraria were restrictive, and I wondered what it would be like to have bonuses that were applied based on specific pieces of armor that could be mixed and matched. However, I also can't help but wonder if it's too late to change it to a system like this...
I've wondered the same thing - I kept restricting my armours to full sets to get the bonus. But seemingly few sets have worthwhile bonuses. The ability to mix and match gives so much more flexibility and ability to customise your bonuses.

Plus, Terraria's "Social" slot (I swear, every RPG (if not, then every game) should have one of these) still lets you wear a full vanity set as you like. So you can have a hideous combination of armour for bonuses and still look nice due to the social set.

Back
Top Bottom