Biomes & Nature [Sprites] -The Cyber- a worthy adversary for the Crimson

amazing like the way it always was and support x2
And you get 10 of these
waXQeyH.png

Last edited:
It converts all earthly ores- I sincerely doubt that will be a problem given the sheer quantity of them.
But what if you mined out all of those ores previously, which totally sounds like something i would mistakenly do? Even if that isnt a problem, i still hate the idea of turning a once-renewable metal non-renewable.

But what if you mined out all of those ores previously, which totally sounds like something i would mistakenly do? Even if that isnt a problem, i still hate the idea of turning a once-renewable metal non-renewable.
It is literally impossible to mine out every single ore in the Hallow/Cyber strip prior to activating hardmode. .-.

Add zoomo's suggestions and tobbvald's tinkering and you get the most amazing mod to grace the game. It would be nice if someone who knows C# made those suggestions into an epic mod.

This looks ridiculously cool. I especially liked the Cyber Key Mold sprite. The only part I didn't like was to mix in Souls of Blight to the PC version. I just think that we in general do not need a 7th soul. All the crafting recipes are balanced to work with 6 Souls, and unless Relogic plans to bring in Ocram and the Soul of Blight + armor sets to the PC version, I do not see a point to use them.

Still awesome suggestion though! ^^

It is literally impossible to mine out every single ore in the Hallow/Cyber strip prior to activating hardmode. .-.
But what about multiplayer? 6-7 players in small world can dig up almost everything...
I don't like idea about auto-converting ores either. I like pre-hardmode ores, and usually use Copper and Iron even in Hardmode (copper roofs are great, and Minecart Track needs Iron).
But, for example, you can craft from
index.php
Miracle Fuel
and
Pixie_Dust.png
Pixie Dust something like
Purification_Powder.png
Purification Powder (lets name it Hallow Powder and Cyber Catalyst). You can spread this new powder on pre-hardmod ore blocks, which cause their conversion into hallowed/cybernetic ore, like PurPowder converts corrupted stone blocks into normal ones.

This looks ridiculously cool. I especially liked the Cyber Key Mold sprite. The only part I didn't like was to mix in Souls of Blight to the PC version. I just think that we in general do not need a 7th soul. All the crafting recipes are balanced to work with 6 Souls, and unless Relogic plans to bring in Ocram and the Soul of Blight + armor sets to the PC version, I do not see a point to use them.

Still awesome suggestion though! ^^
Actually in this situation, souls of Blight and Plight are from the Peacekeeper (mech Queen Bee) and the Motherboard (mech Brain), not necessarily respectively because I don't actually remember which one has which. (You can find both here.)[DOUBLEPOST=1413213859][/DOUBLEPOST]
But what about multiplayer? 6-7 players in small world can dig up almost everything...
I don't like idea about auto-converting ores either. I like pre-hardmode ores, and usually use Copper and Iron even in Hardmode (copper roofs are great, and Minecart Track needs Iron).
But, for example, you can craft from
index.php
Miracle Fuel
and
Pixie_Dust.png
Pixie Dust something like
Purification_Powder.png
Purification Powder (lets name it Hallow Powder and Cyber Catalyst). You can spread this new powder on pre-hardmod ore blocks, which cause their conversion into hallowed/cybernetic ore, like PurPowder converts corrupted stone blocks into normal ones.
You say that as if you can't just mine in Corruption or just non-infected areas where the ores aren't touched- you know, like most players.

Also, multiplayer is irrelevant because 99.9% of servers use large worlds.

The Crimson added about 40-50 items, 7 enemies, and 1 boss. 1.2 update contained about 1000 items, 125+ enemies, and 4 bosses. I doubt the Crimson was anywhere near the main cause for the length of time required for development, especially considering most of it (like the Cyber would be) was based on existing entities that are easily duplicated, such as existing weapon types and mob AIs.
Exactly. The AI is easily reused. In fact, they don't even need to make the sprites for this, since Zoomo already made them.

Crowno: "But... I wanted to help...
...Even if the cyber were to slow down development I don't see anything wrong isn't it better to receive great content than to be left with a faster sub par update?

Exactly. People are willing to wait almost forever to see something really really good added to a game. (braces self against projectiles thrown by impatient people)

Last edited:
Wow mate, you thought of pretty much everything. I commend you for that.
My one issue, however, is the "Souls of Blight" bits. As far as I'm aware, Ocram is console exclusive, and I am unsure if he will even be implemented into the PC version at all.
Aside from that, support. Oh dear lawd, support.

Wow mate, you thought of pretty much everything. I commend you for that.
My one issue, however, is the "Souls of Blight" bits. As far as I'm aware, Ocram is console exclusive, and I am unsure if he will even be implemented into the PC version at all.
Aside from that, support. Oh dear lawd, support.
See my previous post in this thread on the matter.

This thread really needs to have a link to the compilation thread.
Don't worry. @Crowno could still do the backgrounds. ;)
Actually, not really. Zoomo's already done that.

You say that as if you can't just mine in Corruption or just non-infected areas where the ores aren't touched- you know, like most players.

Also, multiplayer is irrelevant because 99.9% of servers use large worlds.
I think I can. But I'll feel much safe if I'll get ability to control ore conversion, like when I destroy desired amount of Demon Altars with Pwnhammer.
Wow, you know exact numbers! I didn't expect small worlds percentage to be so... small. Then multiplayer truly irrelevant, I suppose.

I think I can. But I'll feel much safe if I'll get ability to control ore conversion, like when I destroy desired amount of Demon Altars with Pwnhammer.
Wow, you know exact numbers! I didn't expect small worlds percentage to be so... small. Then multiplayer truly irrelevant, I suppose.
A server that can handle 6 or more players at once can definitely handle a large world. That was my point.

Plus, I don't see you complaining about all stone getting converted to pearlstone, which is basically the exact same thing, just on a much larger scale.

Plus, I don't see you complaining about all stone getting converted to pearlstone, which is basically the exact same thing, just on a much larger scale.
Stone can be converted back by use of
Purification_Powder.png
Purification Powder I already mentioned, or Clentaminator. That's why I suggested a way to transform pre-hardmode ore in Cyber/Hallow ore. Not vice versa, because blocks can't remember their previous state, I suppose.

Stone can be converted back by use of
Purification_Powder.png
Purification Powder I already mentioned, or Clentaminator. That's why I suggested a way to transform pre-hardmode ore in Cyber/Hallow ore. Not vice versa, because blocks can't remember their previous state, I suppose.
Sure they can. Slight variants of the ore for each tier of pre-hardmode ore and then poke through world info to find what ores you have and got from there, and then file (I'd call it Ore Dictionary but no one unfamiliar with Minecraft modding will know what that means) it all under Hallowed/Cybernetic Ore, much like Iron and Lead can be filed under the same crafting component. It's not as hard as you think.

Sure they can. Slight variants of the ore for each tier of pre-hardmode ore and then poke through world info to find what ores you have and got from there, and then file (I'd call it Ore Dictionary but no one unfamiliar with Minecraft modding will know what that means) it all under Hallowed/Cybernetic Ore, much like Iron and Lead can be filed under the same crafting component. It's not as hard as you think.
So they can. In this case, I can use Clentaminator for revercing ore hallowfication process... Good, I like it this way. It's actually would be kinda intersting. You can guess which one hallowed ore was before (if it fully converted), sounds fun.
So far I support idea of "all early game ores will be slowly converted to Hallowed/Cybernetic Ore" with the addition of cleansing it. Well, devs the ones who decide. But with or without ore I still hope we'll get Cyber. The only thing I can't imagine Cyber without is
index.php
Cyber Drill. Damn, this thing awesome, it fits both Terraria and biome itself.

Back
Top Bottom