Biomes & Nature [Sprites] -The Cyber- a worthy adversary for the Crimson

Engeen.. you're taking it a bit more seriously...
I don't think the developers looked at any of that when they added the crimson.
Also
The palette is just the colors in different shades..
Oh well, that kind of palette might work, I tried to convince him because when I look at the colors in the mash ups/screenshots I get reminded of the first gameboy.
However, I completely disagree with your definition of palette: a palette is a group of colors that can be '100% random' and still be a palette (good idea for a challenge), a group of 'colors' of a color in different shades is what is called a 'bad palette', in other words 'colors' in different shades.

You said that colors doesn't matter, while the palette is just these colors that zoomo mentioned in different shades.

You said that colors doesn't matter, while the palette is just these colors that zoomo mentioned in different shades.
Zoomo was talking about 'colors' as in color = green, when I say color I mean one color with one value, for example #CC3300 = bacon color, he meant for example: Green = RGB(0,this can change,0).

Oh well, that kind of palette might work, I tried to convince him because when I look at the colors in the mash ups/screenshots I get reminded of the first gameboy.
However, I completely disagree with your definition of palette: a palette is a group of colors that can be '100% random' and still be a palette (good idea for a challenge), a group of 'colors' of a color in different shades is what is called a 'bad palette', in other words 'colors' in different shades.
I guess that means Lihzahrd's palette is bad. Or the Diamond Staff's. Or that of any type of stone. Or snow's. Or ice's. Or the majority of the dungeon. Or even technically Adamantite since all the colors used are the same hue. Or Mythril. Or Palladium. Or basically any easymode ore item. Or the mech bosses, since they're all gray or red.

Cyber is gray, cyan, a bit of black, and a bit of yellow. That's more colors than the mechs, and yet I don't see you compalining about them. (And no, projectiles don't count.)

Cyber isn't SUPPOSED to be colorful. Robots are generally not colorful. That is not a bad thing. That is being CONSISTENT, which by the way is a good thing.

Awesome but seriously though what will the motherboard drop in corrupt worlds and what will wyverns drop in crimson worlds?

Light Shadow
Order Chaos
Life Death

What could be a 4th alt? Rich and Poor?

Now I'm curious as to how a rich/poor world would work? Would one side be made out of trash/medical waste while the other is made of precious metals and giant gemstones? Would the boss for the rich biome be Scrooge McDuck?

I almost want to see it flushed out if only for the lulz.

Now I'm curious as to how a rich/poor world would work? Would one side be made out of trash/medical waste while the other is made of precious metals and giant gemstones? Would the boss for the rich biome be Scrooge McDuck?

I mean, there's no possibility of a 4th alt, but if there would be, rich/poor could be listed.

Scrooge McDuck would be an amusing boss, at least for April Fools.
Or maybe he could be an NPC that moves in if you have some sort of interaction related to the rich/poor biomes. Or maybe if you have several platinum in your bank/inventory.

Light Shadow
Order Chaos
Life Death

What could be a 4th alt? Rich and Poor?

I think you're taking it a bit far. Having something to match the Crimson is far-fetched as it is.

By the way, if I read this right, what is the issue with having Crimson vs Hallowed or Corruption vs Cyber? The alternative's intention in this game was to add variety to experiences but putting rules as to what biomes spawn detracts from that.

By the way, if I read this right, what is the issue with having Crimson vs Hallowed or Corruption vs Cyber? The alternative's intention in this game was to add variety to experiences but putting rules as to what biomes spawn detracts from that.
Because the Hallow was created as the perfect opposition to the Corruption, and the Cyber was likewise designed as the perfect opposition to the Crimson.

Yeah, I get that much, but I'd personally prefer compatibility with any combinations. That's a bit much to ask for for the OP at this point, but that's what I'm saying.

I don't understand how the link of Crimson vs Hallowed is even off either. They're just two different biomes you explore, they don't even try to kill each other. They're all just, in my eyes, independently themed rather than relying on a combination to work. And I guess for a sandbox game, that reaps benefits.

I also never really thought of the Hallowed as 'good'. I've always seen it as mythical, but the type of mythical sense that I despise. Being able to kill the inhabitants is a plus though, and crystal bullets I can't refuse.

Yeah, I get that much, but I'd personally prefer compatibility with any combinations. That's a bit much to ask for for the OP at this point, but that's what I'm saying.

I don't understand how the link of Crimson vs Hallowed is even off either. They're just two different biomes you explore, they don't even try to kill each other. They're all just, in my eyes, independently themed rather than relying on a combination to work. And I guess for a sandbox game, that reaps benefits.

I also never really thought of the Hallowed as 'good'. I've always seen it as mythical, but the type of mythical sense that I despise. Being able to kill the inhabitants is a plus though, and crystal bullets I can't refuse.
And yet, Hallow and Corruption are clearly meant to be opposition and work extremely well together in that vein (no puns intended). However, there is no fitting opposition for Crimson because there's nothing about Hallow that would make it work as an opposition to Crimson. That is why the Cyber exists. After all, light doesn't make sense opposing a fleshy wasteland, and a sterile mechanical montrosity doesn't make sense opposing dark. You honestly can't tell me it does because no one will believe you.

In fact, just so we're completely clear, Hallow was created in 1.1 exclusively for the purpose of opposing Corruption. As such it makes sense that there'd be another biome to perfectly oppose Crimson as Hallow does now.

I also never really thought of the Hallowed as 'good'.
Not "good," "light." When the Wall of Flesh is defeated: "The ancient spirits of Light and Dark have been released." Corruption is obviously dark, but not the Crimson.

Hey @Zoomo, I never saw anything about a new Hardmode message. I imagine something like "The primordial essences of order and chaos have been released."

Last edited:
And yet, Hallow and Corruption are clearly meant to be opposition and work extremely well together in that vein (no puns intended). However, there is no fitting opposition for Crimson because there's nothing about Hallow that would make it work as an opposition to Crimson. That is why the Cyber exists. After all, light doesn't make sense opposing a fleshy wasteland, and a sterile mechanical montrosity doesn't make sense opposing dark. You honestly can't tell me it does because no one will believe you.

In fact, just so we're completely clear, Hallow was created in 1.1 exclusively for the purpose of opposing Corruption. As such it makes sense that there'd be another biome to perfectly oppose Crimson as Hallow does now.

But they aren't opposing each other. I don't care what the intention was, they really don't oppose each other. To me, they're just two separate places for me to plunder.

And just for logic's sake, a Robot vs dark still makes sense. Their functions are programmed in, so they could just as easily set their priority to attack the darkness. Or, even better, oppose anything that isn't them. Same story for the Hallowed; both that and the Cyber I can easily see as zealous forces that despises anything that isn't them.

Not "good," "light." When the Wall of Flesh is defeated: "The ancient spirits of Light and Dark have been released." Corruption is obviously dark, but not the Crimson.

That was based on what most claim it to be as, not what the game says it is.

Most see this as a problem that needs to be fixed, not a fundamental point to base arguments off of.

This also ignores the fact that Corruption and Hallow are perfect opposites, if not opposition. Being narrow minded only leads to wasting people's time.
Basically, this. If you can't see that then I have zero interest in arguing this.

Also, for the record, just because you see it one way does not make that way correct. Hallow and Corruption are literally intended to be opposition, and nothing you can say, especially with that kind of "everything I say is obviously right" demeanor, will ever change that. It only makes sense to have something to properly opposes Crimson.

(Just so we're clear, you're basing your argument on an opinion that couldn't be more far off the mark, whereas I'm basing my argument on actual facts. I think we all know what happens when opinions try to go up against facts.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom