tModLoader Terraria Rebalanced - Tweaks and Fixes

Now that 1.1 is done, I have a rework idea for the Elemental Boots. See the item section for details

• Keep the current Elemental Boots Recipe

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Change to the new Elemental Boots Recipe

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
I love the concept of this mod! I've often felt compelled to stack damage, especially in the end game and not use the other fun accessories, so this is awesome.
I'm not sure if this is already being addressed in the next release, but I had a similar issue with the Sharkron Balloon, namely that I couldn't equip it, even if I had no other accessories equipped.
Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next release!
that simply means that i did a typo :). can happen after a few hours of writing ^^. thx for the bug report. what are the chances that im going to do the same typo again? ;)

Help! I want to play this in multiplayer with a friend (I LOVE the throwing class) but for some reason, our health regen is so massive that were invincible. I suspect it has something to do with rocko's arpg, but I'm not sure? I took this mod out, then the health was normal in multiplayer. I took out the ARPG and kept this one in, the regen STILL was out of whack. Is there any way to fix this, because I really wanna use this!

Help! I want to play this in multiplayer with a friend (I LOVE the throwing class) but for some reason, our health regen is so massive that were invincible. I suspect it has something to do with rocko's arpg, but I'm not sure? I took this mod out, then the health was normal in multiplayer. I took out the ARPG and kept this one in, the regen STILL was out of whack. Is there any way to fix this, because I really wanna use this!
i have not looked into multiplayer yet but as im splitting the throwing changes from the main mod you should not have a problem either way as the health regen issue should be in the main module. i will contact a tmodloader member about this. i have already reversed all changes to vanilla accessories to give the player a way to choose and to keep up compatibility if another mod changes a vanilla item. thats a part of why this update takes so much longer than expected but i now had like 100 more new items to create. but the issue seems really odd. i think i know the issue but just to check: how many players were you in multiplayer and how many were using items from my mod at the same time?it may be that its not only adding the bonuses to the players whos wearing the item but to all players ^^

The mod does a great job at adding throwing weapons and a really good accessory for throwing but it really doesn't do much if there ain't any armors.
I think there should be hardmode ore throwing headwear for throwing and maybe a new post Plantera throwing armor, Pygmy armor or something.
Range boosts also working on throwing isn't working so hot since it provides no decreased chance to consume throwing items and no velocity boosts which are very important for a thrower.

Hopefully theses aren't awful ideas.

The mod does a great job at adding throwing weapons and a really good accessory for throwing but it really doesn't do much if there ain't any armors.
I think there should be hardmode ore throwing headwear for throwing and maybe a new post Plantera throwing armor, Pygmy armor or something.
Range boosts also working on throwing isn't working so hot since it provides no decreased chance to consume throwing items and no velocity boosts which are very important for a thrower.

Hopefully theses aren't awful ideas.
As long as they don't involve blocks, which I am not in the mood of spriting, It's really up to Golden.

As long as they don't involve blocks, which I am not in the mood of spriting, It's really up to Golden.
Nah, shouldn't require any new blocks
Maybe make Plantera or some lihzahrd enemies drop "Ancient Wood Rot" and you use it with chlorophyte to make the pygmy stuff

Nah, shouldn't require any new blocks
Maybe make Plantera or some lihzahrd enemies drop "Ancient Wood Rot" and you use it with chlorophyte to make the pygmy stuff

this mod aims to provide a vanilla way of extending the thrower classes viability into hardmode by changing ranged armors to provide throwing damage. additionally some hardmode throwing style weapons that were originally melee weapons are now throwing damage. all of these former melee weapons have one property in common, one property that made them melee weapons in the first place: they dont consume ammunition. and as that hardmode throwing armor doesnt need to provide % chance not to consume ammo as they dont need ammo in the first place. the armors also dont need to grant increased velocity as the weapons were balanced to never get these. how good the balance is is for you to decide. im sorry if this mod doesnt give u what u expected but i dont plan on adding the stuff you mentioned. feel free to search for other mods that cater to the throwing class or leave feedback on how to balance the changes i did. im just gonna emphasize it again, you are not supposed to use pre hardmode throwing weapons with hardmode ranged armor and be effective. that would be unbalanced. hope your questions are answered.

this mod aims to provide a vanilla way of extending the thrower classes viability into hardmode by changing ranged armors to provide throwing damage. additionally some hardmode throwing style weapons that were originally melee weapons are now throwing damage. all of these former melee weapons have one property in common, one property that made them melee weapons in the first place: they dont consume ammunition. and as that hardmode throwing armor doesnt need to provide % chance not to consume ammo as they dont need ammo in the first place. the armors also dont need to grant increased velocity as the weapons were balanced to never get these. how good the balance is is for you to decide. im sorry if this mod doesnt give u what u expected but i dont plan on adding the stuff you mentioned. feel free to search for other mods that cater to the throwing class or leave feedback on how to balance the changes i did. im just gonna emphasize it again, you are not supposed to use pre hardmode throwing weapons with hardmode ranged armor and be effective. that would be unbalanced. hope your questions are answered.
ah jeez, noted

This is a list of these "disabled" items along with a short explanation:
  • Arctic_Diving_Gear.png
    Artic Diving Gear: The
    Jellyfish_Diving_Gear.png
    Jellyfish Diving Gear is an earlygame item that gets completely replaced by The
    Neptune%27s_Shell.png
    Neptune's Shell and the
    Ice_Skates.png
    Ice Skates are better off in the
    Frostspark_Boots.png
    Frostspark Recipe.
  • Obsidian_Horseshoe.png
    Obsidian Horseshoe: The
    Obsidian_Skull.png
    Obsidian Skull grants defense which this item doesnt have. Its also used in the
    Obsidian_Shield.png
    Obsidian Shield. The
    Lucky_Horseshoe.png
    Lucky Horseshoe can get better upgrades if left alone.
  • all 6 horseshoe balloons: Making the player grind
    Lucky_Horseshoe.png
    Lucky Horseshoes and
    Shiny_Red_Balloon.png
    Shiny Red Balloons to make a combined item just isnt good when i can simply combine the base items and add one
    Lucky_Horseshoe.png
    Lucky Horseshoe.
  • Honey_Balloon.png
    Honey Ballon: The
    Honey_Balloon.png
    Honey Balloon doesnt fit with the other balloons. Its a combat effect on a utility item and its effect is far better on an "on hit" item.
  • Bee_Cloak.png
    Bee Cloak: Being a combination with the
    Star_Cloak.png
    Star Cloak that was already a part of the
    Star_Veil.png
    Star Veil made it simply outclassed to the
    Sweetheart_Necklace.png
    Sweetheart Necklace.
  • Celestial_Cuffs.png
    Celestial Cuffs: The
    Celestial_Emblem.png
    Celestial Emblem needs only the
    Celestial_Magnet.png
    Celestial Magnet so combining the
    Magic_Cuffs.png
    Magic Cuffs with it when you will have both anyways is redundant.
So... You remove some accessories from being able to be gotten, despite the main reason for this mod is to use accessories you normally wouldn't, including these "worse" ones.

weeaboo trash said:
So... You remove some accessories from being able to be gotten, despite the main reason for this mod is to use accessories you normally wouldn't, including these "worse" ones.
that's because they're replaced by other things and are the end of accessory trees
why would you ever need obsidian horseshoe when you have large pack of balloons and guardian shield, huh?

that's because they're replaced by other things and are the end of accessory trees
why would you ever need obsidian horseshoe when you have large pack of balloons and guardian shield, huh?
thx for answering the question. next update will be postponed to the release of terraria 1.3.1 and its tmodloader update so i dont have to update the whole mod page twice. thank you for your understanding

Even when I was asking the question, I understood why. However, I was just wondering why it needed to be like that. Yes, I would pick a shield or multiple balloons over the gone items, every time, and probably everything else I'd pick other things than those. But this mod wants you to have variety in your playthroughs, correct? So why decrease the variety?

Also, "a dolphin lel", why'd you change the quote name? My username is not "weeaboo trash", I am not a weeaboo, and that is very disrespectful to me. Would you like it if I quoted your thing and changed your username to something like... I can't think of something, but still!

Also, the creator of this post has an anime pic for his profile, but nothing said to him? Btw, nice Zoro pic, currently actually watching One Piece.

Even when I was asking the question, I understood why. However, I was just wondering why it needed to be like that. Yes, I would pick a shield or multiple balloons over the gone items, every time, and probably everything else I'd pick other things than those. But this mod wants you to have variety in your playthroughs, correct? So why decrease the variety?

Also, "a dolphin lel", why'd you change the quote name? My username is not "weeaboo trash", I am not a weeaboo, and that is very disrespectful to me. Would you like it if I quoted your thing and changed your username to something like... I can't think of something, but still!

Also, the creator of this post has an anime pic for his profile, but nothing said to him? Btw, nice Zoro pic, currently actually watching One Piece.
Oh dear, SkullRay, you are sure all over the place. I can only assume you found this thread because of me.

ehh thx? :D i hope i didnt spoiler the scene.

i have already removed all changes to vanilla items in the next update so people can really decide what they want from this mod. i just dont have the time to test it and update the mod page at the moment. i hope 1.3.1 comes soon as i expect some new things to be added, its the wire update after all.

Back
Top Bottom