The Anime/Manga/VN Thread...

Did you finish it yet? Haruhi herself is not my favorite, but she's pretty awesome, yeah. Personally my favorite is Nagato followed closely by Kyon, because I'm just a sucker for the kuudere type and Kyon's personality reminds me of myself. That might be part of why I like the movie so much, since it prominently features both of them, but it really is a fantastic film.

Did you finish it yet? Haruhi herself is not my favorite, but she's pretty awesome, yeah. Personally my favorite is Nagato followed closely by Kyon, because I'm just a sucker for the kuudere type and Kyon's personality reminds me of myself. That might be part of why I like the movie so much, since it prominently features both of them, but it really is a fantastic film.
I finished it, watched the movie, and watched Gurren Lagann. I wouldn't say Haruhi was my favorite, but she was still great. Nagato and Kyon may have been my favorites as well, mostly because I'm a quiet book-loving person myself, so they both appealed to me. Also Kyon must be one of the most patient (although fictional) people ever.
As for the movie, I thought it was great. A bit confusing, yes, but still excellent. I really liked Nagato in the movie because it was interesting to see what she would be like with emotions.

And then there's Gurren Lagann. Like you said, there is no accurate description for it besides "It's Gurren Lagann". But I must say, it was epic and emotional. Did it make sense? Well, I understood what was happening, but it was incredibly unrealistic. And I loved just about every minute of it. I don't think there were any characters I truly disliked. I loved the never give up attitude of everyone, because that's how I want to be. Never give up, and never let the impossible stand in your way. If people hadn't pushed boundaries and refused to believe that something was impossible, we wouldn't have the technology we have today. We wouldn't even have Anime, and that would be really sad. And I can't forget to mention that it is the most quotable thing I've ever seen. Besides that, Simon and Kamina probably had the best friendship ever. But it really was emotional. You see, I don't think I've ever cried over anything fictional (I can't decide if it's a blessing or a curse), but Gurren Lagann brought me really close (specifically episode eight and the ending). Personally, I've never really cared for any sort of romance in movies or tv shows or books. In fact, Simon and Nia are one of only two fictional couples I've ever become emotionally connected to, so the ending very nearly made me cry. Really though, it truly was epic, and is in a very small group of things that I would call emotional (for me anyways). Gurren Lagann is most certainly an Anime that I would love to watch again someday.

Also, if you have any more Anime to suggest (preferably something extremely happy for now) let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Just about everything you said is my exact thoughts. Glad you liked it, and you can now consider yourself an official weeaboo, lol.

If you're looking for something with a happy tone, you might try Kotoura-san, which I mentioned in my initial post a few pages back. The first episode starts off as one of the most depressing things ever, but then it picks up and from then on it's one of the most optimistic, happy shows you'll ever see. I like to refer to it as "The Anti-Depressant Show". You can find it on Crunchyroll pretty easily.

Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun (also known as Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, I forget which one it goes under on Crunchyroll), which I also mentioned in my initial post, is another good one if you're looking for something lighthearted. It's a romcom with heavy emphasis on the com, and one of my personal favorites as well.

Back
Top Bottom