Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that 1.3 is coming, why is 1.2.4 suddenly terrible? People loved Terraria long before even 1.1 came out. I don't get why people are so strongly against the game just because their console can't get 1.3, especially the Vita and 3DS players. Nothing is getting taken away from the game.
I think the reason is, if I didn't have 1.3, I would miss all those great quality of life changes, countless sprite changes that make the game feel a lot more fresh, not to mention it's suppose to be the defining chapter in Terraria's history. I don't know how I would feel if I was denied the update that supposedly completes Terraria.

I think the reason is, if I didn't have 1.3, I would miss all those great quality of life changes, countless sprite changes that make the game feel a lot more fresh, not to mention it's suppose to be the defining chapter in Terraria's history. I don't know how I would feel if I was denied the update that supposedly completes Terraria.
And that's understandable. The feeling of disappointment makes sense. It's more the rage that some people are expressing that I'm concerned about. It may be a minority, but I don't like the thought of our new staff feeling incompetent due to limitations. And maybe I'm overthinking this, who knows. I just don't want to see too much heat over this, I guess.

You do not know how it is in Brazil right? Here's a PS4 or Xbox expensive one knew and it will still update the phone that is equal to the old generation console and the other nothing is impossible if you try

I don't even have a console, but I'm curious, if the game is going to be rebuilt using PC code, what happens to the console-exclusive content? Ocram and such? And is there any chance console users will actually be able to play online with PC users?

wait, does that mean all the characters we've played is going to dissappear? ( BTW, I'm a Mobile Player ):eek:
No.

You do not know how it is in Brazil right? Here's a PS4 or Xbox expensive one knew and it will still update the phone that is equal to the old generation console and the other nothing is impossible if you try
Considering one of the devs is from and lives in Brazil, I think they know at least a bit. Additionally, they have been trying for a long time to get it working, hence why this announcement took this long to be made.

I don't even have a console, but I'm curious, if the game is going to be rebuilt using PC code, what happens to the console-exclusive content? Ocram and such? And is there any chance console users will actually be able to play online with PC users?
Its possible. Over on the Minecraft forums, where they have announced cross play for next year, this is EXACTLY the scenario I've been telling them will happen; Minecraft reverts to an in house Mojang dev group and is rebuilt to match Pocket Edition and Windows 10. Just like there, all versions must be identically coded to cross play.

And that's understandable. The feeling of disappointment makes sense. It's more the rage that some people are expressing that I'm concerned about. It may be a minority, but I don't like the thought of our new staff feeling incompetent due to limitations. And maybe I'm overthinking this, who knows. I just don't want to see too much heat over this, I guess.
You're absolutely right. It's sour, but there's not much anyone can do about it.
It's annoying that people have to continually purchase new devices which cost hundreds of dollars just so they can play new games.

You're absolutely right. It's sour, but there's not much anyone can do about it.
It's annoying that people have to continually purchase new devices which cost hundreds of dollars just so they can play new games.
That's the nature of the beast. We would still be playing PONG otherwise. Even the PC Gamers have to buy new stuff periodically; new GPU, new processors, more RAM. Until we have Holodecks, it will continue.

And even then, those will get upgrades.

That's the sad truth and reality about technology. It's an escalator, not a staircase. It moves whether or not you want to move with it...you can try to walk the opposite direction, but you won't always get too far. At some point you will need to just embrace the advances, and at some point things will hit a technological wall.

Technology is ever evolving, and ever advancing. Technology cannot infinitely expand within a box, eventually it needs a larger box. By confining technology to a smaller box, we're directly limiting its growth and expansion, which is, for the most part, the case behind console Terraria. Terraria already has a ton of coding wizardry that allow it to function in its current state on old-gen...but the fact of the matter is that Terraria has grown to the point where it needs a bigger box. It's sad, but it's true.

Sticking too long to outdated / older / less modern technology will halt the further advances of technology to newer and higher levels. I wish it weren't the case, since I can completely relate to the issues of "I can't afford a current-gen console" or "I already have the game on 360, but it's not getting any support." I sympathize with this, entirely. But Terraria is just at its limits with how last-gen consoles can interpret and support the game. The game itself gets bigger and better with each update, but 360 and PS3 don't.

That being said, I do sympathize with the issues that might prevent users from being able to upgrade to a PS4 or X-box One, just not much can be done beyond the large amount that has already been done to put Terraria, in its current form, on 360 and PS3. Eventually you just hit the wall.

10 bucks is good for the game, but you need a pc/laptop with enough resources to truly enjoy the game. I just got a newer pc and there are so many differences on playing a pc with 4GB ram intel i3 versus 12GB ram and current intel i7. So just shelling out 10 bucks doesn't solve some of the gripes. I also do understand not wanting to buy a system or pc to be able to play new content, but this game has evolved to that point for the better in my opinion. @Tsuki, The box doesn't always get bigger either, look at smart phones, calculators, and even PCs on a flash drive :p

But the CONTENT of TERRARIA has gotten HUGE :)

It's about time IMO, it's better to just say it and kill the old gen rather than leaving us hanging. I just wish that 1.3 quality of life improvements and changes to existing recipes and drops are updated even if no new items are introduced, such as adding solidifier to King Slime's loot list

I'm halfway through finishing my PC adventure, then you guys decide "Psst, hey you, yeah umm, WE ARE GONNA RELEASE 1.3 FOR CONSOLES! SO YOU BETTER UPGRADE TO XBOX 1 OR PS5 BREH!" Nice going guys. I will be playing this update via transferring my Xbox 360 world to Xbox one. Still nice to see console news every once in a while.

I'm really excited to see what pipeworks can do! Thank you Code Glue and Engine for the wonderful console game. I still remember announcement and launch day.
So thanks for that amazing experience.

Wait if the whole console game is being rebuilt from the ground up does that mean they will remove console exclusive items or add more?

Just curious is all.

All right, biggie wall of text incoming (devs plz read)
I'm on Xbox 360, and even though I'm disappointed in 1.3 isn't gonna be their, I do have it on my kindle so I suppose I'm okay even though it lags quite a bit, still exited to be able to at least play 1.3, even if it is on a smaller screen... With much jankier controls... And lag :|
Those people saying, get over it its time to upgrade or get a PC, its not quite like that. Money is a HUGE factor in this, that you may be able to just upgrade whenever, however... We can't.
I'm happy about the bug fixes (spectre mask)
DEVELOPERS PLEASE READ THIS PART AND CONSIDER ~~
It's been made clear that last gen can't get 1.3, but can we get a proper final goodbye? Rather than a bug fix only. Simply put in a few 1.3 items/stuff. Such as NPC defenses - 1endgame moonlord weapon for each class? Like the last prism, meowmere and whatever the rangers is. Or even yoyos. Add the drill containment unit, being able to attack when using mounts. Obsidian armor? Something! Just something to really say goodbye than bug fixes. PLEASE?! :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom