tModLoader Elemental Weapon Enhancements

Well this mod is going in my Warrior's Wild modpack. Definitely. 99.99 percent sure. Ok probably 100%. I'll use this for my lets play! :)
You better stick with 99.99% because if you do 100% you miss out on that 00.01% and I can sue you if you don't Kappa

i have an issue with this mod, no matter how hard i try i can't get any elemental damage on any weapon gathered from mobs or reforged and yes i'm using the latest version of this mod. if you have any idea about what i can do i'd be thankful

Can you write please more detailed instructions (or make a video) on how to change the elemental damage and the chance of elemental damage, etc. (which file should i open, what there i should write, where to put this file, etc)
P.s: I have the same problems as in previous post. (i have latest version of tmodloader and mod)

Last edited:
i have an issue with this mod, no matter how hard i try i can't get any elemental damage on any weapon gathered from mobs or reforged and yes i'm using the latest version of this mod. if you have any idea about what i can do i'd be thankful
First, are you sure you enabled the mod and reloaded all of your mods?
Second, are you sure you have the latest version of tModLoader?
Also, I'm quite sure the only way to get elemental damage is to craft a new weapon or get a new drop. The chances aren't too low for elemental damage, but maybe, RNG is just goin' down on you?

Can you write please more detailed instructions (or make a video) on how to change the elemental damage and the chance of elemental damage, etc. (which file should i open, what there i should write, where to put this file, etc)
P.s: I have the same problems as in previous post. (i have latest version of tmodloader and mod)

This mod is just a base for creating other mods that include their own elements. There are no elements included in this mod, so you can't obtain them on weapons because they're not included. I don't mean to take away from the OP, but if you want a mod that gives you some basic elements to play around with, I made one here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/basic-elemental-additions.48020/ . I think it should be stated more clearly that no elements are included in this mod, because I was confused as well at first when I wasn't getting any.

This mod is just a base for creating other mods that include their own elements. There are no elements included in this mod, so you can't obtain them on weapons because they're not included. I don't mean to take away from the OP, but if you want a mod that gives you some basic elements to play around with, I made one here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/basic-elemental-additions.48020/ . I think it should be stated more clearly that no elements are included in this mod, because I was confused as well at first when I wasn't getting any.
Thx for the answer. Can you write on how to create your own element ? Or just show the source of your mod, please.

Thx for the answer. Can you write on how to create your own element ? Or just show the source of your mod, please.
There's an example mod that shows you how to implement new elements and other stuff, it's in the OP:
How to work with this mod?

I am creating a wiki as we speak, please wait a moment!
You can attach the .dll in the release as a reference in your mod project, then browse through 'ElementalFramework'
There's also an ElementalTestMod.cs example file that shows how to do things.

Uhm no, the example file shows EXACTLY how to do it.. I don't see how it isn't clear enough

Uhm no, the example file shows EXACTLY how to do it.. I don't see how it isn't clear enough
Hey @Gorateron , quick question. With extended modifiers installed;
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/even-more-modifiers.45790/

Elements still work (they will appear on an item when it's picked up, extended modifiers will still work along with basic modifiers), however once an item has been reforged + if it never had an element in the first place, reforging it won't allow it to gain an element, like, ever. Reforged a copper sword 150+ times and it just wasn't working.

I'm wondering as to why it's possible for all three modifiers to be on the weapon when first obtained, but suddenly after a reforge, elements will no longer roll to be applied.

Hey @Gorateron , quick question. With extended modifiers installed;
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/even-more-modifiers.45790/

Elements still work (they will appear on an item when it's picked up, extended modifiers will still work along with basic modifiers), however once an item has been reforged + if it never had an element in the first place, reforging it won't allow it to gain an element, like, ever. Reforged a copper sword 150+ times and it just wasn't working.

I'm wondering as to why it's possible for all three modifiers to be on the weapon when first obtained, but suddenly after a reforge, elements will no longer roll to be applied.
That's not a bug on my end, that's for sure.

ok understood, thanks for helping me

So I've been playing around with this mod and I noticed that ammo can also get Elemental damage. I'm guessing that might be a bug.

It would be cool if you made it so that the ammo's Elemental damage gets applied on top of the weapon? (not sure if there's an easy way to do it with tML though)

Or alternatively, you could just check if item.ammo is true and then ignore it.

EDIT: and another super-minor complaint.

Normally Terraria doesn't capitalize every word in it's tooltips. It just says "35 melee damage" or something like that. But your mod says "5 Ice Damage" and it's literally unplayable a little bit annoying.

So I've been playing around with this mod and I noticed that ammo can also get Elemental damage. I'm guessing that might be a bug.

It would be cool if you made it so that the ammo's Elemental damage gets applied on top of the weapon? (not sure if there's an easy way to do it with tML though)

Or alternatively, you could just check if item.ammo is true and then ignore it.

EDIT: and another super-minor complaint.

Normally Terraria doesn't capitalize every word in it's tooltips. It just says "35 melee damage" or something like that. But your mod says "5 Ice Damage" and it's literally unplayable a little bit annoying.

That's because the mod has capitalized the internal name 'Ice', and you can use a displayname of 'ice' (the file even shows how to do it)
Also, ammo should not get this damage. Projectiles shot from a weapon with ele damage will already have that ele damage added to them.

Also, ammo should not get this damage.
Then how can you explain this?
N4SU4fK.png

That's because the mod has capitalized the internal name 'Ice', and you can use a displayname of 'ice' (the file even shows how to do it)
Oh, ohay.
Note: this is not my mod, I'm just playing with Basic Elemental Additions.

Then how can you explain this?
N4SU4fK.png

Oh, ohay.
Note: this is not my mod, I'm just playing with Basic Elemental Additions.

The ammo can get elemental damage, but I'm 99.99% sure it doesn't actually do anything. It's just a little bug with Gorateron's core mod I suppose.
As for the capitalized elemental names, I did this because the core mod automatically puts the word "Damage" after the element type. That word isn't lowercase and I can't change it, so I figured I'd just go with it rather than do a little mix of both. So it could be either "ice Damage" or "Ice Damage", and the latter looks better.

The ammo can get elemental damage, but I'm 99.99% sure it doesn't actually do anything. It's just a little bug with Gorateron's core mod I suppose.
I figured that's what it was. That's why I'm suggesting: either fix it or make it a proper feature (so that a Fire bow that shoots Water arrows could have both effects at the same time).
As for the capitalized elemental names, I did this because the core mod automatically puts the word "Damage" after the element type.
That's why I'm complaining to Gorateron and not you.:p

Back
Top Bottom