tModLoader The Thorium Mod

@DivermanSam I'm sure this has already been discussed, but is there anyway to somehow convince you to get modifier prefixes for healing weapons/tools. I understand that it would probably be a mess to balance, but I really feel like healers miss out on a lot of the excitement of getting a new weapon. If that's not possible could we atleast get a few more bonus healing power accessories? I mean there's only one and you can get it pretty early on in the game, or maybe upgrade it somehow once hardmode items are avaliable? Also on the note of accessories, I'm assuming it's intentional but in the case it's not, is it intentional for damage prefixes on accessories to not affect radiant weapon damage? Which I absolutely love btw, they've been a godsend. I played a healer on two separate playthroughs now. The first time was I believe I believe in 1.3.1, and it was pretty much impossible to do anything when my friends weren't online without an alternate armor/gear set. The second playthrough was just finished a few days ago, and it was so much more bearable and fun being useful outside of bossfights and being able to farm things for my gear and tools on my own, even if it was a bit slower. I guess I kind of ended up rambling here... Either way, love the mod and appreciate all the work you have put into it.

TL;DR Prefixes for healer weapons please?

@DivermanSam I'm sure this has already been discussed, but is there anyway to somehow convince you to get modifier prefixes for healing weapons/tools. I understand that it would probably be a mess to balance, but I really feel like healers miss out on a lot of the excitement of getting a new weapon. If that's not possible could we atleast get a few more bonus healing power accessories? I mean there's only one and you can get it pretty early on in the game, or maybe upgrade it somehow once hardmode items are avaliable? Also on the note of accessories, I'm assuming it's intentional but in the case it's not, is it intentional for damage prefixes on accessories to not affect radiant weapon damage? Which I absolutely love btw, they've been a godsend. I played a healer on two separate playthroughs now. The first time was I believe I believe in 1.3.1, and it was pretty much impossible to do anything when my friends weren't online without an alternate armor/gear set. The second playthrough was just finished a few days ago, and it was so much more bearable and fun being useful outside of bossfights and being able to farm things for my gear and tools on my own, even if it was a bit slower. I guess I kind of ended up rambling here... Either way, love the mod and appreciate all the work you have put into it.

TL;DR Prefixes for healer weapons please?

i agree with this, as radiant damage is lacking in general, allowing modifiers or adding more combo accessories to boost radiant damage further would be an amazing addition, making solo healer playthroughs not as tough. Also, if you're looking to play solo healer, consider enabling even more modifiers as radiant damage weapons will be affected

i agree with this, as radiant damage is lacking in general, allowing modifiers or adding more combo accessories to boost radiant damage further would be an amazing addition, making solo healer playthroughs not as tough. Also, if you're looking to play solo healer, consider enabling even more modifiers as radiant damage weapons will be affected
The point of Healer is not singleplayer. The entire class is made for multiplayer. The main page says that. And while modifiers would be nice, the point of healers is healing, not damage.

The point of Healer is not singleplayer. The entire class is made for multiplayer. The main page says that. And while modifiers would be nice, the point of healers is healing, not damage.
Exactly this. Buffing healer damage will just make it overpowered.

I agree with that, but at some point you have to think realistically about it, when you play the game with your friends, are you ALWAYS doing stuff with them? Farming materials like souls of light/night, cursed flame, etc. Because I know my friends don't want to carry me around to farm more souls just so I can farm more mimic keys to get the stuff to make an accessory like the turn undead, because they have stuff their own they want to be working towards as well like their own armor/accessories, or working on their homes. It takes a long :red: time to kill anything with purely healer gear/radiant weapons, so much to the extent that while I was wearing life weaver armor, and using the spirit bender staff and and the iridescent staff depending on the situation, it would take me multiple MINUTES to kill a single red demons in hell. That feels kind of :red:ty, when you're in your almost best armor and using your best weapons pre-moonlord, and you're having trouble killing something in some cases, more than a whole tier behind your current gear set up. I'm not asking for healers to be able to fight bosses by themselves, or even be able to farm things easily, it'd just be nice to be at to atleast do 1/4 of the damage a dps class could be doing.

How do you get Brackish Clumps?

Those can be found in the new ocean biome, the aquatic depths. Which is a ton of fun, and probably one of my favorite things in the game, wish that was a vanilla game feature.

Last edited:
My world did not spawn with Aquatic Depths... can anyone help me get Aquaite?
It only spawns at the side of the jungle, which is always opposite of the snow/dungeon biomes, so go to the jungle ocean then go all along the ocean floor, you should see a massive chasm..also you can only mine it with a nightmare/deathbringer pickaxe or better, so no point in trying until you get that anyways...oh and either lots of gill potions or the ocean armor :p

I have a potential bug to report.
I just tried fighting the Granite Energy Core as a melee character (Expert Mode), but I noticed it was ludicrously difficult for some reason, and then I realized that the Coalesced Energy mobs were erasing my projectiles.

Yep! Yoyos, deleted before the time runs out. My Sunfury magically disappearing. The special class ability shield from another mod, gone before its time was up.
Needless to say that was incredibly frustrating because I didn't have anything to penetrate the shield that could be used at range- except my flail, which simply did not exist by the time it should've gotten to the boss itself.

So it was basically like fighting the boss with no penetrating weapons, which was silly, considering my Sunfury should've been quite effective, if it existed half the time.

If it wasn't for my Blood Thirster, I don't think I could've actually won that fight without significant patience, and without my class ability to block the projectiles, I don't think I could've beaten it at all. I'd have had to change classes to win that fight.

It's possible that this could be caused by a mod conflict, but I'm too lazy to check, so for now, I figured I should at least bring this to someone's attention.

Last edited:
Hello designers, I found a bug with the water world where I keep all the underwater world of the cloud disappears please correct it thanks that you make a good mod keep it up!

Okay so... My Thorium world is TECHNICALLY still here, in the modloader foler... But whenever I start it up it only gives me my vanilla stuff...? How do I go back?

Like, get the new one, delete the old one, and put the new exe in? None of the other modloader files? Where do I get the new one?
Oh, no no, a hotfix for Terraria was released, replacing your modded exe with a vanilla 1.3.4.x one. TModloader hasn't updated, so just redownload that and copy all the files into your Terraria install.

Oh, no no, a hotfix for Terraria was released, replacing your modded exe with a vanilla 1.3.4.x one. TModloader hasn't updated, so just redownload that and copy all the files into your Terraria install.

Oh! Duh, sorry- Doin' that will ask me to copy and replace, ya? Will that mess with my worlds or my characters?

Oh! Duh, sorry- Doin' that will ask me to copy and replace, ya? Will that mess with my worlds or my characters?
Not at all. It'll just replace the files essential for running TModloader itself- your worlds and characters are all stored in a separate Terraria folder in My Games, under ModLoader.

Not at all. It'll just replace the files essential for running TModloader itself- your worlds and characters are all stored in a separate Terraria folder in My Games, under ModLoader.

I feel stupid asking, but I might need a bit of a guide on how to do this- i'm in the terraria folder, and I forget where to put the tmod stuff-

Back
Top Bottom