Weapons & Equip Compilation of miscellaneous changes to weapons

Good ideas here!

And if there's one other thing I'd like to mention, it's the Fetid Baghnakhs. I honestly think it should be made to work like the Arkhalis. I mean, doesn't it seem like the perfect weapon to work like that?

It was actually rather recently that I was able to play 1.3. The psycho knife is pretty much useless. Upon checking the gamepedia page I learned a few things it's useful for. Mostly abusing the stealth mechanic for increasing damage for dash attacks and the meowmere projectiles. Abusing game mechanics shouldn't be the only role of that thing.

Granted when they made the butcher's chainsaw deal magic damage with the sparks I doubt they intended use with the spectre hood. I do appreciate that decision because that is really satisfying to use like that.

I say have the stealth fade away over a few seconds after you strike and fade away instantly if you switch weapons. Having it go away when struck would be irritating because endgame melee armors all gain extra attention so enemies will attack you.

I think the extra things for the yoyos is a good idea. Having two yoyos at the same tier seems as redundant as a bread sandwich. This makes them have their own purpose.

Cool ideas, but personally I don't think the leaf blower needs to be changed, the best part of it was left out! It gives the player a leaf blower backpack, which very few items can do, and sort of coincides with the heat ray. They both have a comparable size, similar shooting style, and the same backpack feature, changing that would be strange.
I also don't agree with the suggested change to the heat ray, honestly the hit sound chosen for the solar eruption is an obnoxious one considering its a piercing weapon, it would be seriously annoying for every piercing weapon to do that... If you want cool satisfying effects for hitting something with those magic weapons try out spectre or nebula armor

Cool ideas, but personally I don't think the leaf blower needs to be changed, the best part of it was left out! It gives the player a leaf blower backpack, which very few items can do, and sort of coincides with the heat ray. They both have a comparable size, similar shooting style, and the same backpack feature.
I dislike that actually. It overrides the accessories and armor visuals that I put in place for a reason.
I also don't agree with the suggested change to the heat ray, honestly the hit sound chosen for the solar eruption is an obnoxious one considering its a piercing weapon, it would be seriously annoying for every piercing weapon to do that... If you want cool satisfying effects for hitting something with those magic weapons try out spectre or nebula armor
You could include the visual without the sound. Or perhaps use a different sound. Plus who said anything about every piercing weapon?

I dislike that actually. It overrides the accessories and armor visuals that I put in place for a reason.

You could include the visual without the sound. Or perhaps use a different sound. Plus who said anything about every piercing weapon?

The held gun isn't half of what it is meant to be, there's another key component that makes it a weapon. Cosmetics rarely ever coordinate with weapons anyways so how different is the leaf gun from another... Seriously which would you recognize easier as a leaf blower, that huge cannon or the current sprite?
The heat ray isn't exactly a powerhouse, multiple explosions from the Golems smallest weapon is a little odd, especially when compared to the stynger. It is already most likely paired with spectre armor, since that is the best post-Plantera magic gear, and if that isn't flashy enough how will explosions help?
Of course I didn't mean every piercing weapon, that would be ridiculous, just the two suggested. Do you want my examples labeled next time?

Cool ideas, but personally I don't think the leaf blower needs to be changed, the best part of it was left out! It gives the player a leaf blower backpack, which very few items can do, and sort of coincides with the heat ray.
okay when did I say I wanted the backpack removed
Seriously which would you recognize easier as a leaf blower, that huge cannon or the current sprite?
Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 6.02.28 PM.png

you tell me

Also, in regards to the Heat Ray, it wouldn't be much of an explosion. For instance, the luminite bullet also has on-hit mini-explosions, but they're very small. I was thinking something a bit more like this.
Luminite_Bullet_Animation.gif

okay when did I say I wanted the backpack removed

View attachment 138434
you tell me

Also, in regards to the Heat Ray, it wouldn't be much of an explosion. For instance, the luminite bullet also has on-hit mini-explosions, but they're very small. I was thinking something a bit more like this.
Luminite_Bullet_Animation.gif

I never said you said you wanted the backpack removed, I just stated that its part of the design and should be taken into consideration. Why not show how the suggested sprite looks in coordination with the backpack instead of neglecting it, just so it properly shows how the change would look.
If you want it to have a feature similar to luminite bullets, then change the original post, currently it claims you want the solar eruption effect.
There wasn't any need to reply to me with this stuff...

How did you make that gif anyway?
stole it straight from the terraria wiki page :dryadtongue:

Why not show how the suggested sprite looks in coordination with the backpack instead of neglecting it, just so it properly shows how the change would look.
I would if I could, but modding Terraria is too difficult for someone with my level of tech proficiency. I can't just plug the PNG file in; I have to convert it to XNB or whatever that is and it's just argh

Now this is purely hypothetical, but if there were someone with modding skills who could perhaps create an XNB file that matched my Leaf Blower Sprite, and if that hypothetical person happened to be reading this now, he/she could hypothetically take 5 or so minutes to do that and hypothetically win my love forever. Of course, this is purely hypothetical.

Anyways, sorry to get so off-track. The weapon's sprite affects how it appears on item racks, so there's at least one other reason to update the sprite. Another is that the weapon's sprite is so small that when I use it, it looks like leaves are shooting out of my crotch.

Now this is purely hypothetical, but if there were someone with modding skills who could perhaps create an XNB file that matched my Leaf Blower Sprite, and if that hypothetical person happened to be reading this now, he/she could hypothetically take 5 or so minutes to do that and hypothetically win my love forever. Of course, this is purely hypothetical.

I have no modding skills, so it took longer than five minutes, but after two tutorials I managed to get the texture in game.
terraria_image.png

I must admit it does look a lot cooler, but there's still some overlay problem that I don't understand

Attachments

• Item_1178.zip
    688 bytes · Views: 140
Oh man, you know that zapping noise in the Super Smash Bros series when someone got hit by something like PK Thunder II or Deoxys Hyper Beam? That would be so perfect for this.

I called it a spinach megaphone. :dryadtongue:

Let's face it, everything pales in comparison to the Solar Eruption. Though it wouldn't hurt to make it shoot a bit faster, seeing that I'm not even sure it's got a better single-target DPS than the Solar Eruption, and if it weren't for the Daybreak debuff, it absolutely wouldn't.

Influx Waver seems fine to me, seeing that it totally stomps out the Terra Blade. It's the Xenopopper I'm worried about. I'd allow it to fire more bubbles per shot at a higher rate, and make the bubbles fly farther in a wider spread so that it really is shooting the enemies from every direction, and making it more obvious that the player has precision control over the targeting.

The Terra Blade is cooler, more orginal, better, higher attack speed and is simply better than the influxes wave or whatever you call. For goodness sake, the dang sword represts the game!!!!!!

The Terra Blade is cooler, more orginal, better, higher attack speed and is simply better than the influxes wave or whatever you call. For goodness sake, the dang sword represts the game!!!!!!
Pikachu represents the Pokemon franchise, too. Is it the strongest Pokemon? Nah.

I can see that you're a fan of the Terra Blade, and I'm sorry about dissing it. But the sheer number of hits per second that the Influx Waver can deal to a single target makes it better for most situations. Each projectile hits the same enemy three times!

The Sword does major damage and has PIERCE! Influx Wave is never used in battle from low velocity and isn't very fast. I don't get people that don't like and don't see the fact the Terra Blade is better than Influx Wave.
In other words the Terra Blade is faster and pierces and shoots the beams at a high velocity. Yeah, you use the word SINGLE, a SINGLE target for the influx wave. The Terra Blade Pierces
[doublepost=1481814681,1481814633][/doublepost]Therefore stating that the Influx Wave should be easier to acquire
[doublepost=1481814977][/doublepost]Also the TERRA BLADE is better!

When getting the Terra Blade-
:eek:SOOO SHINYY!!!

When getting the Influx Wave-
-_-Give me the stupid hook you Flying Pancake!! (Sells Influx Wave to merchant)
:merchantsad:Why do players like you sell trash to me??!?

Um ok, I'll leave a reply, if you insist. The leaf blower did look a bit like a hair dryer. Your sprite is a huge improvement.
Lets see, what else? Oh yeah, Daybreak needs something a little better about it. All it does is throw a spear. Basically a redo of the North Pole weapon. Maybe you can think of something for it?
The Daybreak spreads 'daybroken' to any enemy which touches an enemy with that debuff. It's the only melee weapon I've seen that can one-shot the eater of worlds XD
[doublepost=1481819754,1481819675][/doublepost]
The Sword does major damage and has PIERCE! Influx Wave is never used in battle from low velocity and isn't very fast. I don't get people that don't like and don't see the fact the Terra Blade is better than Influx Wave.
In other words the Terra Blade is faster and pierces and shoots the beams at a high velocity. Yeah, you use the word SINGLE, a SINGLE target for the influx wave. The Terra Blade Pierces
[doublepost=1481814681,1481814633][/doublepost]Therefore stating that the Influx Wave should be easier to acquire

Eh, the Waver has higher applied DPS. You really can't argue that.

Piercing only helps against groups of enemies. The single target DPS of the influx waver is better. However arguing this is really pointless because no buff/nerf to either sword was suggested. Let's just move on.

Alright, I have no offense against y'all, but the important fact is that we are talking about the Terra Blade you can get before Plantera comparing to something post golem
DPS is not everthing, it is like trying to beat Plantera in its second phase with a Sniper Rifle, Bad Idea, Why?
The tentacles with the biters try to shield Plantera so they absorb the hits, this applies to the wall of flesh as well. Also, I play in Expert so the velocity of the Influx Wave doesn't suit me and lack of pierce drives me insane and the use speed makes me feel like I am using a high power enchanted sword.
Again, I am talking about a sword that can control a solar eclsipe and you get it in early-mid hard mode, as the Influx Wave you obtain close to end game and can't even control a goblin invasion
:DAlso the Terra Blade is my fav color!!!

Alright, I have no offense against y'all, but the important fact is that we are talking about the Terra Blade you can get before Plantera comparing to something post golem
DPS is not everthing, it is like trying to beat Plantera in its second phase with a Sniper Rifle, Bad Idea, Why?
The tentacles with the biters try to shield Plantera so they absorb the hits, this applies to the wall of flesh as well. Also, I play in Expert so the velocity of the Influx Wave doesn't suit me and lack of pierce drives me insane and the use speed makes me feel like I am using a high power enchanted sword.
Again, I am talking about a sword that can control a solar eclsipe and you get it in early-mid hard mode, as the Influx Wave you obtain close to end game and can't even control a goblin invasion
:DAlso the Terra Blade is my fav color!!!
There's many places we can have this discussion, but this isn't the place for that. The Terra Blade or Influx Waver are not being changed so they are irrelevant to this discussion.

Back
Top Bottom