PC tModLoader error message: Requiring assistance.

First off, I get an error CS1703: An assembly with the same identity 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' has already been imported. Try removing one of the duplicate references.

So I deleted the Newtonsoft.Json file. However after doing so I get a different error message reading.

Celestial_Shield_Shield
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddEquipTexture(EquipTexture equipTexture, ModItem item, EquipType type, String name, String texture, String armTexture, String femaleTexture)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddEquipTexture(ModItem item, EquipType type, String name, String texture, String armTexture, String femaleTexture)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AutoloadItem(Type type)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

I've checked through it, but my coding knowledge just isn't enough to get me past this error. Any advice would be appreciated.

First off, I get an error CS1703: An assembly with the same identity 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' has already been imported. Try removing one of the duplicate references.

So I deleted the Newtonsoft.Json file. However after doing so I get a different error message reading.

Celestial_Shield_Shield
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddEquipTexture(EquipTexture equipTexture, ModItem item, EquipType type, String name, String texture, String armTexture, String femaleTexture)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddEquipTexture(ModItem item, EquipType type, String name, String texture, String armTexture, String femaleTexture)

I've checked through it, but my coding knowledge just isn't enough to get me past this error. Any advice would be appreciated.
Since you're using mods, I'll move this to the General Mod Discussion and hopefully someone can help there. The PC Support section is for issues with vanilla Terraria.

Celestial_Shield_Shield

Are you creating your own mod? This error seems to be related to a missing animation texture of your shield item.

Yes I am creating my own mod. But the thing I don't understand is that I did create both the shield icon texture and the shield equip sprite and I put them both in the Items folder with the ModItem.cs file. I'm not sure. Should I upload the png of the equip shield sprites just to make sure?
[doublepost=1484500890,1484500817][/doublepost]Oh I forgot to mention that my mod only consists of the shield item for now

Yes I am creating my own mod. But the thing I don't understand is that I did create both the shield icon texture and the shield equip sprite and I put them both in the Items folder with the ModItem.cs file. I'm not sure. Should I upload the png of the equip shield sprites just to make sure?
[doublepost=1484500890,1484500817][/doublepost]Oh I forgot to mention that my mod only consists of the shield item for now
Could you give us a screenshot of the folder containing the shield?

Yes, here it is, along with the .cs for the shield

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    567.2 KB · Views: 338
Oh, I see. Thank you for pointing that out to me. I'll get back with any errors if they arise.
[doublepost=1484551694,1484551233][/doublepost]Well, I get a new error message saying: Mod Sources\CelestialShield\Items\CelestialShield.cs(9,18) : error CS0101: The namespace 'CelestialShield' already contains a definition for 'CelestialShield'

I'm thinking changing the namespace to something like Celestial_Shield would work, but not so sure
[doublepost=1484551769][/doublepost]Just tried that and I still get the same error

Oh, I see. Thank you for pointing that out to me. I'll get back with any errors if they arise.
[doublepost=1484551694,1484551233][/doublepost]Well, I get a new error message saying: Mod Sources\CelestialShield\Items\CelestialShield.cs(9,18) : error CS0101: The namespace 'CelestialShield' already contains a definition for 'CelestialShield'

I'm thinking changing the namespace to something like Celestial_Shield would work, but not so sure
[doublepost=1484551769][/doublepost]Just tried that and I still get the same error
You have two classes called CelestialShield. Remove or rename one of them.

Mod Sources\CelestialShield\Items\Celestial1Shield.cs(7,29) : error CS1514: { expected

Not sure what it's getting at considering there is a { there after the namespace

Oh and after the compiler error CS1514 I also get the same old: Mod Sources\CelestialShield\Items\Celestial1Shield.cs(9,18) : error CS0101: The namespace 'CelestialShield' already contains a definition for 'Celestial1Shield' even though I renamed them all

Picture1.png

[doublepost=1484558209,1484558106][/doublepost]Ok after looking at it again I removed the ; after the namespace since it wasnt needed and that fixed the { expected bug, but it still doesnt solve the other error.

Mod Sources\CelestialShield\Items\Celestial1Shield.cs(7,29) : error CS1514: { expected

Not sure what it's getting at considering there is a { there after the namespace

Oh and after the compiler error CS1514 I also get the same old: Mod Sources\CelestialShield\Items\Celestial1Shield.cs(9,18) : error CS0101: The namespace 'CelestialShield' already contains a definition for 'Celestial1Shield' even though I renamed them all

View attachment 156112
[doublepost=1484558209,1484558106][/doublepost]Ok after looking at it again I removed the ; after the namespace since it wasnt needed and that fixed the { expected bug, but it still doesnt solve the other error.
If the other error still persists, have you also renamed both your texture files to Celestial1Shield?

View attachment 156112
Did you rename both classes?

Ok well after looking at the log, it seems the error is now gone. However we now have a new problem: Mod Sources\CelestialShield\CelestialShield.cs(7,10) : error CS1520: Method must have a return type
Picture1.png

Ok that removed it, but again arises a completely new problem:

Celestial1Shield_Shield

at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddEquipTexture(EquipTextureequipTexture, ModItem item, EquipType type, String name, String texture, String armTexture, String femaleTexture)

Seems to be a problem with the shield equip sprite

Ok that removed it, but again arises a completely new problem:

Celestial1Shield_Shield

at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddEquipTexture(EquipTextureequipTexture, ModItem item, EquipType type, String name, String texture, String armTexture, String femaleTexture)

Seems to be a problem with the shield equip sprite
Could you show the namespace of your shield item class and the folder it is in?

Back
Top Bottom