tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

well I guess I have to wait another crappy month or week to download this mod.it looks awesome

while many of us are very excited for the release of Spirit to 0.10, remember it takes a -ton- of time to recode everything. When terraria was updated it destroyed so much work and effort the modders put into their projects because of code changes. It will take some time. Lets not forget that great mods like Calamity were already being worked on for weeks or longer in prep for 0.10 of tmodloader so some had a head start.

the Devs of spirit also are finishing up finals and courses in school, so delay is inevitable. I understand the hype and excitement, and i agree with you though. Looking forward to the updates for Spirit , Thorium, and other great mods. Just gotta be patient:)

index.php
i honestly think this should be the base of how most armor (sets) should be looking, greatly shaded, organised an beautifull
index.php
here, this is quite an exapmle, bad light source, bad shading (not the bow) and the palletes dont realy fit well together and you have no outline shading

index.php
here i see a great weapon set, great outlines, great pallete, great light source + outline shading

index.php
here, to small weapon, the blood doesnt realy seems to be conected to the rest of the set

this were just a few examples of great Spirit sprites, and bad Spirit sprites
That is true , most of the armors sprited are from long ago and when I had less experience. I prob ably should make the sprites up-to-date.
thanks. i see quite a difference indeed

index.php
i honestly think this should be the base of how most armor (sets) should be looking, greatly shaded, organised an beautifull
index.php
here, this is quite an exapmle, bad light source, bad shading (not the bow) and the palletes dont realy fit well together and you have no outline shading

index.php
here i see a great weapon set, great outlines, great pallete, great light source + outline shading

index.php
here, to small weapon, the blood doesnt realy seems to be conected to the rest of the set

Thank you for providing examples and giving ample explanation for your opinions. Kudos for that! I, personally , have never had any quarrels with the designs, infact i find them quite beautiful in their own way. However, its always good to have examples to back your opinion and its good you did just that. :happy:

Thank you for keeping the discussion civil.

index.php
index.php

index.php

index.php

thanks. i see quite a difference indeed
I have to agree with you on most of these things. Though I find the Bloodfire (I think that's what it's called) is pretty good, I agree that the Infernal Rock set is kinda meh. Especially how it's very black, and needs better contrast, especially with the armor set.

I have to agree with you on most of these things. Though I find the Bloodfire (I think that's what it's called) is pretty good.
The bloodfire is an great design, but futher it doesnt has the best pallete ever, and it could be way greater + that misc just doesnt fits, i dont now what it is

One of these days im gonna give spriting a try. It looks like a fun little hobby to do when i take breaks from playing games, and want to just do something else. Those wicked looking armor sets and weapons look pretty fun to make. I'm sure once Terraria Otherworld comes out, the modders will sprite that game as well if possible.

Mineroid
Mineroid.gif

Health 110
Defense 13
Damage 25
KB Resist 60%
- Mineroids are Post-Queen bee mobs that spawn in space , generate velocity very fast.
Drops: Orbiter Staff

Orbiter Staff
Stuff_2 copy.png

19 Summon Damage
Fast Speed
12 mana Usage
7% Critical Strike Chance
Average Knockback
" Looks.... familiar"
- Summons Miniroids that orbit players , when enemies are present they charge at the target. Every Third Summon is a Megaroid that deals 50% more damage.

Miniroid
Miniroid.gif

Megaroid
Meterite.gif

Tim's Scroll Of Fumbling
Tim's_Scroll_of-Fumbling.png

+ 10% Mana Usage and Magic Damage
5% Chance for a Magic Attack to fumble and do nothing
- Magic Attacks have a 10% chance to inflict a random Debuffs ( Poison, Frostburn ,On Fire! , Electrified , Shadowflame , Ichor , Confusion )
- Magic attacks have a 50% chance to fire a random projectile
" Who knew Skeletons could even write"
Drops: Tim 3.5%

Dusk Stone
DuskStone.png

+ 8% Summon and Magic Damage
-5% mana Cost for Every 20 missing mana
- Summon and magic attacks inflict "Lunar Burn"
Sold By: Adventurer Npc
7 Gold 35 Silver 10 Copper Post-Starplate Raider
" The brilliant gemstones are cold just being near them"

Dawn Stone
DawnStone.png

+ 8% Throwing and Melee Damage
+5% increased throwing and melee use time for every 50 missing health
- Throwing and Melee Damage inflicts "Solar Burn"
Sold By: Adventurer Npc
7 Gold 35 Silver 10 Copper Post-Starplate Raider
" Its warm to the touch, a little too warm"

DEBUFFS:

Solar_Burn.png

Solar Burn: 10% Decreased Armor and 5 Damage Tick .
" The flames are bright as it is painful"

Lunar_Burn.png

Lunar Burn: 10% Decreased Damage and 5 Damage Tick .
" The dazzling flames seem to freeze than burn me"

DUST:

Solar Flame
Lunar_Flames_Debuff-particles.png

Lunar Flame
Solar_Flames_Debuff-particles.png

Attachments

• Daybreak.png
    Daybreak.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Back