tModLoader Wormholes (and also Scroll of Town Portal)

This mod appears to crash terracustom when trying to create a new world.

I wanted to generate a world that didn't have corruption sitting on my jungle, but trying to use terracustom made me find out that wormholes crashes it.

I wanted to generate a world that didn't have corruption sitting on my jungle, but trying to use terracustom made me find out that wormholes crashes it.
You shouldn't need Wormholes active for world generation; enabling it afterwards works just fine. See if that averts the crash. Meanwhile, I'll have to add some failsafes to account for custom world generation.

Does the log file in Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs/Log.txt say anything about the crash?

You shouldn't need Wormholes active for world generation; enabling it afterwards works just fine. See if that averts the crash. Meanwhile, I'll have to add some failsafes to account for custom world generation.

Does the log file in Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs/Log.txt say anything about the crash?
This is more of a problem with Terracustom (rather than this mod) as it still hasn't been updated for the latest tModLoader, so that's why some mods haven't been compatible with it but work fine with everything else. There are a couple of other mods that are fully up-to-date with everything but still crash during world gen only because of Terracustom -- Calamity is another one known to crash for some at that time. Jopojelly is aware of this and will hopefully be updating it soon.

Although I have no doubt Hamstar could still make it work. :)

Last edited:

This is more of a problem with Terracustom (rather than this mod) as it still hasn't been updated for the latest tModLoader, so that's why some mods haven't been compatible with it but work fine with everything else. There are a couple of other mods that are fully up-to-date with everything but still crash during world gen only because of Terracustom. Jopojelly is aware of this and will hopefully be updating it soon.

Although I have no doubt Hamstar could still make it work. :)
I wound up just disabling wormholes, generating the world with terracustom, then re-enabling it.
And the world still wound up with wormholes.
I meant to reply sooner but I was tired >_<

Hi. Very interesting mod you got there.

One question: Is it possible to make the Town scroll "double use only". So that you use the portal to get to your spawn/base, then can use it again to get back to where you were, and then let the portal dissappear. I find it a bit annoying when the portal just permanently (or at least very long) stays in your base.

Is there any way to remove a wormhole? There's one smack dab in the middle of a crimson area in my world, and I keep getting knocked into it while fighting Brain of Cthulhu. When I get back, the Brain of Cthulhu is gone.

v1.6.0
  • Added Chaos Bombs; scatters blocks and re-randomizes existing wormholes (20% chance per hit)
  • Set town portals to persist with saves
  • Add config option to disable wormholes (in case only town portals wanted)
  • Fixed camera mode failing to render wormholes
  • Set town portals to be craftable from recall potions
  • Add particle effects to wormholes
  • Reduced wormhole light radius + increased sound
  • Moved config file to a Mod Configs subfolder
Also, source available here.

Attachments

• Wormholes v1.6.0.zip
    73.4 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
The latest version of this mod messes with Magic Mirror-type items. I'm pretty sure that this belongs over in Losing is Fun instead of here, right?

The latest version of this mod messes with Magic Mirror-type items. I'm pretty sure that this belongs over in Losing is Fun instead of here, right?
v1.6.1
  • Removed misplaced 'Losing Is Fun' code chunk affecting magic mirrors
[doublepost=1491244674,1491244320][/doublepost]
Does the config option to reduce the town portal duration work now? It didn't when i tried recently.
I removed it outright. Town portals are permanent until you remove them with a Chaos Bomb. You can set their location by relocating your bed, using the town portal scroll, then reverting to your old bed. I'll add a more elegant solution in the next version.

Edit for clarity: Town portal durations are still listed as a config option, but they're non functional.

Attachments

• Wormholes v1.6.1.zip
    72.9 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Hi, first off your mod looks amazing :D However, I just started a playthrough but I am far enough in that I don't want to restart... Is a new world needed for the portals to appear?
Thanks for any help you can give me and thanks for the great mod :D

Edit- Nevermind, after double checking, Inoticed I missed the post... :/ Looking forward to installing :D

Last edited:
In multiplayer my friend can't see my town portals, and I can't see his. is this intended? Thanks
Yeah, they're client only, for now. Thought there might be a few complaints from people getting their spawn areas decorated by others' wormholes.

With the recent addition of a method to clear wormholes, I could probably make these properly shared if there's enough interest.

Yeah, they're client only, for now. Thought there might be a few complaints from people getting their spawn areas decorated by others' wormholes.

With the recent addition of a method to clear wormholes, I could probably make these properly shared if there's enough interest.
Shared wormholes would be a nice addition. Maybe make an option in the config file?

No shared town portals yet. For the meantime...

v1.6.2

• Added debug config option
  • Removed old config (Wormholes 1.3.12.json)
  • Prevented wormholes from generating before terrain
  • Improved wormhole colors

Attachments

• Wormholes v1.6.2.zip
    71.1 KB · Views: 182
v1.6.3
  • Updated for TML 0.10
  • Offloaded utility/helper code to Hamstar's Helpers mod (now a dependency)
  • Numerous fixes and tweaks

Attachments

• Wormholes v1.6.3.zip
    89.5 KB · Views: 163
Hello @hamstar ! Should I install Hamstar's Helpers like any other mod? (just drop it in "Mods" folder) Or it need to be in another place?

Hello @hamstar ! Should I install Hamstar's Helpers like any other mod? (just drop it in "Mods" folder)
Yeah. You should also be able to find it in the mod browser.

Edit:

v1.6.4
  • Fixed initial placement of wormholes appearing over obstructed terrain (hopefully for good)
  • Restored debug config settings and added a wormholes force-reset setting

Attachments

• Wormholes v1.6.4.zip
    91.4 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Found a bug if you use Terraria's new zoom functionality. If you increase the zoom level by anything above 100%, portals still remain at 100%, giving a visual glitch where the portals don't pan with the screen properly. I've only tried this with windowed 1920x1080.

Other than this, I'm thoroughly enjoying the new improvements made to this mod recently. I've noticed some old bugs have been fixed, and the graphical enhancements on the portals themselves look fantastic. Top-notch work as usual, Mr. Hamstar!

Back
Top Bottom