Mobile Gradient dye

NASA

Terrarian
So i made Blue flame dye, and used it with my set. But the colors of my clothes didnt change. Can someone help please?

So i made Blue flame dye, and used it with my set. But the colors of my clothes didnt change. Can someone help please?
Yes, it's true. Right now Flame Dye won't work on mobile. Not sure if that will be something that is able to do when mobile gets the code reset or not. Here is what 505 Games has said:
Flame Dyes still don't work: By design, as these complex dyes are not supported on mobile.

Just to add to that: dyes are applied through pixel shaders, which are applied by the GPU. Because mobile phones do not have GPUs of a level comparable to PCs, they are always going to struggle with some shaders, especially more complicated ones like gradients and presumably many of the 1.3 dyes: while they could work, they'd likely slow the game down to an unacceptable degree.

With that said, technology consistently improves, and there will be a point when mobile devices will have no problem with these dyes. As of now, however, keep the possibility that the 1.3 update may (still) not get these dyes working in mind.

Back
Top Bottom