Pixel Art Terraria Spriting Carnival 2

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA new Sprites made it in 1 day WALUIGIIIIIIIIIII tha spraits :vvvvvvv uwewewewewewewewewe yntewewewewewewew osas ¡STAP MEMES! sorry the memes are consuming me

the sprites -_-

New Piskel (3).gif Night Reborn.png Winternia Mask.png New Piskel (4).gif There are hope YU LAIC IT

Last edited:
ShadoW, here are some quick tips about terraria spriting. First, you should have an outline around everything, and that outline should be darker than the inside. Also, every pixel should be 2x2, so you shouldn't have different sized pixels, like the design on the book.

This is what I have learned in my travels across the internet.
Paladin.png
The godslayer, protector of the mortal realm (I'm one of those people who thinks your character(s) are/is evil)

And a few catchphrases while fighting!

YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR TRANSGRESSIONS!
I WILL BE YOU'RE RECKONING!
THE BLOOD YOU SPILLED SHALL BE REPAYED!

This is what I have learned in my travels across the internet. View attachment 180232 The godslayer, protector of the mortal realm (I'm one of those people who thinks your character(s) are/is evil)

And a few catchphrases while fighting!

YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR TRANSGRESSIONS!
I WILL BE YOU'RE RECKONING!
THE BLOOD YOU SPILLED SHALL BE REPAYED!
*Ahem*
:red:e (1).png

Anyways, since I just suffered for four hours on this, I'mma drop you some mad knowledge.

I'd recommend that you work on your shading, first of all. Yours looks very pillow-y and doesn't establish a light source well. You also use very light outlines, which is a bit of a no-no.
You also need to work on limiting your palette. You have way more shades than you need, which can make your shading overall look dull and faded. I use only three to four shades with each of my colors, and while it's fine to use more as needed, you should keep it to as low as possible.
You should try to do better with your color diversity as well, especially when you're dealing with something large and that doesn't have any reason not to be limited to a few different colors. More colors make the design look better in general, especially if all your colors compliment eachother well. Just be careful not to get too extensive with your colors. I split up your purple into a nice blue and a dark purple, and introduced the red in more areas.

I'm mostly all self-taught, but I'd definitely advise that you look for some tutorials on these. I'm sure there are others that can help for that, if you ask around. There's definitely other things you could work on, but those were the main issues I found. I will say that I didn't find too much of your outlines and basic shapes too bad, I just tweaked a few to personal taste if I wasn't redesigning the area for my interpretation.

Also, I know arms are hard. Trust me, I've made a design or two before that consisted of the very similar torso and floating swords. But trust me, just do it. It makes the design look more complete overall, and also opens up opportunities for neat animations for your boss in the future. Also, we've got too many Skeletrons already.

That's about all I have to say.

*Ahem*
View attachment 180396
Anyways, since I just suffered for four hours on this, I'mma drop you some mad knowledge.

I'd recommend that you work on your shading, first of all. Yours looks very pillow-y and doesn't establish a light source well. You also use very light outlines, which is a bit of a no-no.
You also need to work on limiting your palette. You have way more shades than you need, which can make your shading overall look dull and faded. I use only three to four shades with each of my colors, and while it's fine to use more as needed, you should keep it to as low as possible.
You should try to do better with your color diversity as well, especially when you're dealing with something large and that doesn't have any reason not to be limited to a few different colors. More colors make the design look better in general, especially if all your colors compliment eachother well. Just be careful not to get too extensive with your colors. I split up your purple into a nice blue and a dark purple, and introduced the red in more areas.

I'm mostly all self-taught, but I'd definitely advise that you look for some tutorials on these. I'm sure there are others that can help for that, if you ask around. There's definitely other things you could work on, but those were the main issues I found. I will say that I didn't find too much of your outlines and basic shapes too bad, I just tweaked a few to personal taste if I wasn't redesigning the area for my interpretation.

Also, I know arms are hard. Trust me, I've made a design or two before that consisted of the very similar torso and floating swords. But trust me, just do it. It makes the design look more complete overall, and also opens up opportunities for neat animations for your boss in the future. Also, we've got too many Skeletrons already.

That's about all I have to say.
Well, 3 months down the drain! Thank you though. Ive been looking for this advice for a really long time, unable to find it in a form that I could really understand. You've completely blown mine out of the water. I think that part of my problem of too many colors is that I'm abyssal at picking colors, I'm not really that good yet overall, and I didn't really know how to draw arms. I made up to 6-8 attempts before giving up. I wanted him to be slashy not skele but I couldn't figure out to do it. I'm saddened that my artwork was actually not that good but I'm happy when I realize I now know how to learn to get better. Thank you for your comments and your constructive criticism,
Which is hard to do. I'll make sure to keep learning, and working harder.

Mine looks like a 3-year olds work compared to yours.

By the way got any tips on making/choosing colors?

Well, 3 months down the drain! Thank you though. Ive been looking for this advice for a really long time, unable to find it in a form that I could really understand. You've completely blown mine out of the water. I think that part of my problem of too many colors is that I'm abyssal at picking colors, I'm not really that good yet overall, and I didn't really know how to draw arms. I made up to 6-8 attempts before giving up. I wanted him to be slashy not skele but I couldn't figure out to do it. I'm saddened that my artwork was actually not that good but I'm happy when I realize I now know how to learn to get better. Thank you for your comments and your constructive criticism,
Which is hard to do. I'll make sure to keep learning, and working harder.

Mine looks like a 3-year olds work compared to yours.

By the way got any tips on making/choosing colors?
Don't worry about it too much, everyone starts somwhere. Thanks for the compliments, though.

As far as colors go, I can't offer too much advice as I mostly eyeball everything. I would advise you to look up some guides on color theory and palette generators until you get the hang of it.

Some of the noteworthy stuff I made after my last post.
Misc

View attachment 180432 View attachment 180431 View attachment 180455

Sets

Plague set
View attachment 180435

Devilflame set for btfa
View attachment 180429this one comes with a sentry View attachment 180430

Some firearms for an upcoming mod

View attachment 180452

Animation practice

View attachment 180437
View attachment 180440
View attachment 180438

Lastly, a treeman statue for the reach biome in spirit. Made with the db32 palette.

View attachment 180441
If that explodie rainbow sparkle spright belonged to me I would set it to my profile image. I really like all of these. I wonder if @Yuyutsu might use that statue. I hope so!

Back
Top Bottom