Terraria 1.3: Xbox One Submission Approved! Launches Monday, February 5th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please refrain from insulting others.
Few and several mean very similar things so this sentence makes no sense. Also I don’t wanna be mean or rude, but you just spent a long time making this post to a 14 year old. He’s actually right you should all be more grateful it may crash 75% if the time for you but it still runs a little! Mine hasn’t crashed once, maybe you should post a bug report or something?

perhaps if u took the time to read my entire post, you would have seen CLEARLY at the bottom that I have been an shall continue to submit bugs. So kindly GFY ;), just cuz you haven't experienced any bugs yet doesn't mean those that have should still be glad that they can't enjoy the game like you can, can't all be as lucky as you dude..

Are ya grateful when someone gives you a car but the tank is on E, the tires are flat & it has a dead battery... I sure hell wouldn't, I'd be PO'ed but your thinking is you should still be grateful right?.. what are you grateful for that your given a busted up ride but hey its free right so you should be grateful that you can sit in the car an imagine your driving somewhere.. just like those that have their game so bugged [Lost worlds, chars, etc.. aka 100's of hours lost but still we should be grateful we lost all that time, right?) its not even fun anymore an were gonna move on to something else, at least those of us that try to balance game time with our real lives..

folks seem to be missing the point.. when you buy something you have expectations, you get some updates, hot-fixes an maybe some new content.. your THANKFUL that the dev's continued to push out content.. not grateful, unless of course your just some kid who doesn't pay for anything cuz your a kid an your parents get you stuff then of course your grateful for everything but I'm not some young kid, I work for everything I have so there for in my eyes I'm only thankful when I get bonus stuff I didn't pay for, but when your job is a game dev.. you go to work everyday to provide a kind of service .. in this case they go to work each day just like the rest of us and work on getting new content to the gamers.. why should we be grateful that their doing their jobs.. they make the game .. they provide a service of entertainment for our minds.. an we pay for that game (so they getting paid for their efforts, not like the dev team is doing all this work for free now).. we paid for that service.. now if they had done some kinda session pass but this new update was free without a session pass then you could be grateful.

Its a mute point, either you get it or you don't.. stop thinking of just yourself an think of everything as a whole dude.. hopefully you too will be blessed with bugs an glitches like many of us and maybe then you will see things from our perspective.. BTW i have not talked trashed about the dev's directly, they bust their :red:, I know.. I'm very happy to have new content, and very thankful the dev's are still working on this here Terraria #1 project but it has been over 5 yrs now.. hopefully Terraria #2 will be on board with PC/Console same version so we don't have this Cluster&%#@ of a mess that has been happening for the last 2 months between the PS4 & XB1

p.s. completely off topic but how come Pixel Piracy has been neglected.. never got an update to fix any of the issues.. I would be very thankful for a hotfix in the PP world :)
[doublepost=1518647261,1518646982][/doublepost]
I'm having a issue when I save and exit the main screen will have half of my house on the title menu. Nothing game breaking but curious if anyone else has had this happen.

Also

My character icon on the map is sometimes a white square and the ia of Terraia logo.

One more thing: Is the map supposed to always show it's daylight? Before the map would be dark if it was night and light if it was daylight? Did they change this to force people to use watches or is this a bug? I cannot remember if it was like this on the PC and can't get to my laptop right now to check.

after i Load my char in a world after i back out of the world that same char image is all screwed up an if i try to load a world everything goes nuts an the game freezes an i have to hard quit..

as far as the map goes... its the PC map now.. we were spoiled with what pipeworks did for us on the console .. no longer can we see enemies on the map.. the game doesn't pause when you look at the map and it doesn't change from day/night ..

1 week after getting the update, on expert mode, and I'm doing pretty trash (have only beaten Eye of Cthulu).
But I noticed that after backing out of a menu or chest, something nearby gets deactivated/opened/activated. Has this been reported yet?

I get that too when I open a chest thats near my bed when i leave the chest sometimes it will deactivate my spawnpoint or open doors if im near them while in a chest...

perhaps if u took the time to read my entire post, you would have seen CLEARLY at the bottom that I have been an shall continue to submit bugs. So kindly GFY ;), just cuz you haven't experienced any bugs yet doesn't mean those that have should still be glad that they can't enjoy the game like you can, can't all be as lucky as you dude..

Are ya grateful when someone gives you a car but the tank is on E, the tires are flat & it has a dead battery... I sure hell wouldn't, I'd be PO'ed but your thinking is you should still be grateful right?.. what are you grateful for that your given a busted up ride but hey its free right so you should be grateful that you can sit in the car an imagine your driving somewhere.. just like those that have their game so bugged [Lost worlds, chars, etc.. aka 100's of hours lost but still we should be grateful we lost all that time, right?) its not even fun anymore an were gonna move on to something else, at least those of us that try to balance game time with our real lives..

folks seem to be missing the point.. when you buy something you have expectations, you get some updates, hot-fixes an maybe some new content.. your THANKFUL that the dev's continued to push out content.. not grateful, unless of course your just some kid who doesn't pay for anything cuz your a kid an your parents get you stuff then of course your grateful for everything but I'm not some young kid, I work for everything I have so there for in my eyes I'm only thankful when I get bonus stuff I didn't pay for, but when your job is a game dev.. you go to work everyday to provide a kind of service .. in this case they go to work each day just like the rest of us and work on getting new content to the gamers.. why should we be grateful that their doing their jobs.. they make the game .. they provide a service of entertainment for our minds.. an we pay for that game (so they getting paid for their efforts, not like the dev team is doing all this work for free now).. we paid for that service.. now if they had done some kinda session pass but this new update was free without a session pass then you could be grateful.

Its a mute point, either you get it or you don't.. stop thinking of just yourself an think of everything as a whole dude.. hopefully you too will be blessed with bugs an glitches like many of us and maybe then you will see things from our perspective.. BTW i have not talked trashed about the dev's directly, they bust their :red:, I know.. I'm very happy to have new content, and very thankful the dev's are still working on this here Terraria #1 project but it has been over 5 yrs now.. hopefully Terraria #2 will be on board with PC/Console same version so we don't have this Cluster&%#@ of a mess that has been happening for the last 2 months between the PS4 & XB1

p.s. completely off topic but how come Pixel Piracy has been neglected.. never got an update to fix any of the issues.. I would be very thankful for a hotfix in the PP world :)

after i Load my char in a world after i back out of the world that same char image is all screwed up an if i try to load a world everything goes nuts an the game freezes an i have to hard quit..

as far as the map goes... its the PC map now.. we were spoiled with what pipeworks did for us on the console .. no longer can we see enemies on the map.. the game doesn't pause when you look at the map and it doesn't change from day/night ..

Firstly, grateful and thankful are synonyms, saying one or the other does not imply anything different from one another. Secondly, the devs do not owe you anything. You bought the game, and that's it. If they wanted to, they could have made all updates to it paid, or never have updated the console version at all and they would have had the right to do so. Instead, they're going through a ridiculous amount of work to provide everyone with a completely free update to the game that required them to completely rewrite the code. They had no obligation to do so whatsoever, but they did anyway. I'd say that's pretty awesome.

However, with large updates like this there are always bugs. No matter how much they test and retest, there will still be bugs and issues like we have been experiencing (including the very much game-breaking ones). The most they can do is put a fix out as quickly as possible and do everything they can to keep as many people as possible from losing important data with workarounds and such in the meantime. Its not perfect, but nothing is. (Honestly, people losing data like this is entirely Xbox's fault, as they have no way of backing up data. Not much pipeworks can do to fix that unfortunately.)

I (and others) are grateful for the 1.3 update on console, in spite of the bugs. Rather than being angry or annoyed by the update because of the bugs. I personally am also thankful that they will continue to fix bugs, interact with and help the community, and generally be awesome. I know this won't change your mind, but I hope that it might help to understand our point of view.

I never said I never experienced bugs, don’t put words In My mouth.

Pic of this? I wonder if it is like on PC where you can get some "where you were" on the main screen sometimes.

Second one is known by PW - its a case of "it looks bad, but doesn't actually harm gameplay.... so it isn't a priority vs other things"

"Daylight" map -what you have now - is what is intended/should have been all along. What you had before was another "tweak" from the old days.
It happened to me too but it goes away as soon as the game is done saving and returns to the title screen and doesn't always happen though.

@Loki did you guys change the spawn chances for the solar eclipses and blood moons? Before the update I could play for days, even weeks IRL and not even see a blood moon. Now when I'm in my main hardmode world I can't seem to go a single day without getting whacked by one, the other, or both.

For example, today I loaded my ranged character to farm the pirates for the new drops and the Flying Dutchman trophy. My gaming day went thus: calm day, calm night, calm day, SOLAR ECLIPSE, calm night, calm day, BLOOD MOON, SOLAR ECLIPSE, calm night, calm day, calm night, SOLAR FREAKING ECLIPSE, calm night, calm day. That's three in fairly quick succession. One of them beginning immediately after a blood moon ended.

I did get the new drops, the gold ring and the trophy, though. The trophy now hangs proudly in my trophy room. I only had to summon seven or eight invasions to get it. The 2% gold ring I got before the 10% trophy. It is now a greedy ring, with the addition of the lucky coin and the discount card.

@colincoo6 My main character is melee but my secondary ranger character is pretty damn powerful, too. I have absolutely no problem with just shooting the snot out of whatever moves around the solar tower, melee-oriented or not, and stashing the tower shards to make the Solar Eruption for my melee character. After I unstacked that modded stack of 28k-plus bullets pre-update, I have chlorophyte bullets to burn.

If you have dyed your character take them off. I did and my sessions don't crash as often.

I've only run into dye issues once, and that was after I was trying out a whole heap of the new animated ones. Been using the basic bright silver dye on my character's robe, intense blue flame on the wings, violet on the wisp light pet, and unicorn wisp on the UFO mount and I haven't run into any more issues. My ranger is using intense flame on her wings and reflective gold on her mount and no problems there, either.

I think it's mostly the animated ones causing issues. Or maybe I'm just one of those lucky jerks whose game runs smoothly

I've only run into dye issues once, and that was after I was trying out a whole heap of the new animated ones. Been using the basic bright silver dye on my character's robe, intense blue flame on the wings, violet on the wisp light pet, and unicorn wisp on the UFO mount and I haven't run into any more issues. My ranger is using intense flame on her wings and reflective gold on her mount and no problems there, either.

I think it's mostly the animated ones causing issues. Or maybe I'm just one of those lucky jerks whose game runs smoothly

come to think of it .. my char's hair is dyed with Speed Dye from before the update.. I wonder if thats whats causing all these damn issues .. cuz when my wife plays with her character (no special hair dyes or anything) she never gets world/char glitches only my character seems to be plagued with issues when i play.. I'll Iook into this an try an report back if it helps reduce some of the UI issues :)

come to think of it .. my char's hair is dyed with Speed Dye from before the update.. I wonder if thats whats causing all these damn issues .. cuz when my wife plays with her character (no special hair dyes or anything) she never gets world/char glitches only my character seems to be plagued with issues when i play.. I'll Iook into this an try an report back if it helps reduce some of the UI issues :)

When my worlds and characters finished converting to 1.3 the hair dye my melee character was wearing vanished. I had to reapply it (money hair dye).

Some people seem to be having more issues than others. The only real issue I had was my mount and then my entire character/all my gear turning invisible after trying out some of the new animated dyes. Summoned events spawn promptly and I haven't had any of the weird glitches others have reported. I'm one of the jerks everyone hates whose game runs perfectly fine when so many others are in Glitch Central.

@Loki did you guys change the spawn chances for the solar eclipses and blood moons? Before the update I could play for days, even weeks IRL and not even see a blood moon. Now when I'm in my main hardmode world I can't seem to go a single day without getting whacked by one, the other, or both.

Not that I know of, no. Sometimes, that is just the way it goes. Last play I did on PC, I was greeted during early hardmode by a string of "events" from pirates to bloodmoons and so on. It went on for at least 3-5 in game days. RNG is a harsh mistress.

Going to finally (hopefully) be able to start my own XB1 play today.... step one being to pull my ancient 360 saves up... but will just play fresh if I cannot. That's always been the best way to enjoy a new update to me anyway.

Not that I know of, no. Sometimes, that is just the way it goes. Last play I did on PC, I was greeted during early hardmode by a string of "events" from pirates to bloodmoons and so on. It went on for at least 3-5 in game days. RNG is a harsh mistress.

Going to finally (hopefully) be able to start my own XB1 play today.... step one being to pull my ancient 360 saves up... but will just play fresh if I cannot. That's always been the best way to enjoy a new update to me anyway.

On one paw, the money that can be gotten from a solar eclipse is immense, 'specially if you're using a UFO mount and stick a lucky coin in the slot your wings usually occupy. But on the other paw, they tend to screw up any plans you had to do something else. The eclipse right after the blood moon was most annoying because I already had a full inventory of stuff to sell and couldn't pick up anything from the eclipse until afterward. There was stuff despawning just from the sheer amount of items on the ground.

Today, I am going to take my ranger and go poke the lunatic cultist. And then see how many times I die poking the pillars.

So today I logged on and loaded up my world, and my screen freezes when the load bar reaches a certain point. I have tried everything I can think of - re-installing, clearing cache, etc, but none of those options have worked. My world that I have put lots of hours into has been corrupted. I'm not angry or disappointed, I just want Pipeworks to patch this bug so that others won't have to go through what I just went through.

So the answer on how many deaths I'll have to the lunar pillars is "lots".

Lunatic cultist wasn't too much of a problem. The pillars, though, were more of a challenge. Most of them I could take with my ranger but I did have to switch to my melee character for the solar pillar. Still died multiple times. I have most of the weapons that can be made from the pillar shards now; the Solar Eruption takes some practice to use because of the need to aim.

Took on the Moon Lord three times. Third time, I just managed to kill him before he killed me. I had 2.5 hearts left and had dragged him across a quarter of the map when he finally went down. And he dropped his trophy on the first try! It now hangs proudly on my wall. I also got Meowmere from him. 237 damage on a ranged character... Can't wait to see how high it goes on my melee character.

Should be 1.3.0.4 if I’m wrong someone will say otherwise

I am wating on that update as will

Yes, I think it is that version.
Also, I can't wait for picking world evil and seeds. Also sandstorms are cool.
[doublepost=1518773013,1518772650][/doublepost]
On one paw, the money that can be gotten from a solar eclipse is immense, 'specially if you're using a UFO mount and stick a lucky coin in the slot your wings usually occupy. But on the other paw, they tend to screw up any plans you had to do something else. The eclipse right after the blood moon was most annoying because I already had a full inventory of stuff to sell and couldn't pick up anything from the eclipse until afterward. There was stuff despawning just from the sheer amount of items on the ground.

Today, I am going to take my ranger and go poke the lunatic cultist. And then see how many times I die poking the pillars.
The pillars are easy.......... With the Last Prism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom