Terraria 1.3: Xbox One Submission Approved! Launches Monday, February 5th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok im curious if this bug has been reported or spotted. Im sure it has im just throwing it out there, its a very rare occurrence but when i save and exit sometimes the page where you select you're characters is strange, you cant see the chars, and on the left it shows wierd symbols where the picture of the character usually is. Firsr time i shrugged it off. A week later it happened again and i was like lets see if ny worlds gunna look cut in pieces and it was. So when i load in everything on the map is distorted. It pretty much looks like if you would crop differant sections of the screen and place them on top of eachother but cut up .Next time ill post a screenshot if this is unheard of. To fix i just close the app and reload. Just wondering if this is being looked into

To be honest I'm quite disappointed in 1.3.
It was delayed a couple times to make it as bug free as possible and yet I get strong 1.2 memories comming back.
Also the awfull transparency of the menus or the menus in general compared to the previous version are two steps back in my opinion.

I truly hope that the bug fixes wont take to long and that certain optimisations, especially to the menus, will be made.
I do appreciate all the new additions, they're great, but it's no fun playing the way things are atm.
Terraria used to be one of my favourite games, right now, not so much.

Reactions:
It was delayed a couple times to make it as bug free as possible and yet I get strong 1.2 memories comming back.
Also the awfull transparency of the menus or the menus in general compared to the previous version are two steps back in my opinion.

I truly hope that the bug fixes wont take to long and that certain optimisations, especially to the menus, will be made.
I do appreciate all the new additions, they're great, but it's no fun playing the way things are atm.
Really? I’ve been enjoying it more than ever. Although turtle shells are not 1 in 17 anymore, they are definitely more rare! I killed so many yesterday and only got 1 shell.

yo guys 1 little question. I have put all my wires n tech stuff in a chest, then i saved n exited, turned it back on awhile later, then ALL OF MY 9000 wire n tech stuff were completely gone!! wire is expensive too!!!! My chests aren't close togethertoo. More than 2 blocks each Point is, I don't want to lose my stuff in other chests. Has anybody encountered said bug? (xbox 1)

Last edited:
Guys, can you please add a guest multiplayer option. Me and my friend wanted to play but he logged in as a guest and it didn’t give him the option to join to my world. We were playing Split-Screen multiplayer not Live...
[doublepost=1518571047,1518570507][/doublepost]

Be thankful for what you got; Look buddy, no game has no bugs. You should be grateful for all the hardwork every developer has put in. You shouldn’t be complaining about it..

First of all, New content is always appreciated :) *KUDOS all around*

there is NO argument there! but we DON'T need to be grateful for glitched UI, or in cases like what "CantQuitThisLife" mentioned, I get that issues like clockwork after I log into a world more than twice in 1 game session then the entire game breaks an I have to hard quit the game an start over (5 mins of loading screens later) just for the game to break now upon 50-75% time I try to load my main world.. I can't even get into the world to get anything cuz the entire screen glitches [missing UI, clipping ] & then whole game just freezes a few moments later.

If your one of the few lucky one's too not experience the hoard of issues then count your lucky stars, but UI issues seems to be affecting several gamers, not just a few here an there. I completely reset my XB1 an it still happens across multiple accounts on multiple systems so its not isolated to just my save/console, guess I'm gonna have to play on the PS4 cuz the XB1 ver is BONED a.t.m.

Sorry dude but I disagree with you, "Vortex of Time" but we shouldn't have to grateful for the dev's doing their jobs, I bought this game several times across multiple platforms [PC, xbox360, ps3, ps4, xb1, 3DS & even on Android], the dev's are getting paid for their time & hard work just like anyone else who has a job. You shouldn't be grateful when the mechanic changes your oil and does a tire rotation when you take your vehicle it in for service, WHY, because IT HIS JOB. [You can still be thankful]

When you SHOULD be grateful is when he finds an issues before it becomes a major costly repair & hooks you up on a good deal.. that my friend is when your grateful, not because the game developers released (the most bugged/ U.I. glitch filled) update almost 2 years after the last update. I'm not grateful when I spent ALOT of time getting things ready for the 1.3 update just to have the game broken so bad that I can't play because its so damn frustrating when I have to reload the entire game after every time I leave a world... or even just trying to load a map after just starting the game and it crashes. I will continue to submit bugs to the bug submission website in hopes that the worst UI issues can be looked into an hopefully a hotfix can be pushed out before the hot summer days arrive.

Last edited:

there is NO argument there! but we DON'T need to be grateful for glitched UI, or in cases like what "CantQuitThisLife" mentioned, I get that issues like clockwork after I log into a world more than twice in 1 game session then the entire game breaks an I have to hard quit the game an start over (5 mins of loading screens later) just for the game to break now upon 50-75% time I try to load my main world.. I can't even get into the world to get anything cuz the entire screen glitches [missing UI, clipping ] & then whole game just freezes a few moments later.

If your one of the few lucky one's too not experience the hoard of issues then count your lucky stars, but UI issues seems to be affecting several gamers, not just a few here an there. I completely reset my XB1 an it still happens across multiple accounts on multiple systems so its not isolated to just my save/console, guess I'm gonna have to play on the PS4 cuz the XB1 ver is BONED a.t.m.

Sorry dude but I disagree with you, "Vortex of Time" but we shouldn't have to grateful for the dev's doing their jobs, I bought this game several times across multiple platforms [PC, xbox360, ps3, ps4, xb1, 3DS & even on Android], the dev's are getting paid for their time & hard work just like anyone else who has a job. You shouldn't be grateful when the mechanic changes your oil and does a tire rotation when you take your vehicle it in for service, WHY, because IT HIS JOB. [You can still be thankful]

When you SHOULD be grateful is when he finds an issues before it becomes a major costly repair & hooks you up on a good deal.. that my friend is when your grateful, not because the game developers released (the most bugged/ U.I. glitch filled) update almost 2 years after the last update. I'm not grateful when I spent ALOT of time getting things ready for the 1.3 update just to have the game broken so bad that I can't play because its so damn frustrating when I have to reload the entire game after every time I leave a world... or even just trying to load a map after just starting the game and it crashes. I will continue to submit bugs to the bug submission website in hopes that the worst UI issues can be looked into an hopefully a hotfix can be pushed out before the hot summer days arrive.
I would be fine with the UI if the text was solid and didn't flash, the rest is fine for me

Few and several mean very similar things so this sentence makes no sense. Also I don’t wanna be mean or rude, but you just spent a long time making this post to a 14 year old. He’s actually right you should all be more grateful it may crash 75% if the time for you but it still runs a little! Mine hasn’t crashed once, maybe you should post a bug report or something?

I was unable to get that same infinity knockback bug on a sword... Would have been fun to play with but no-go for me.

After several days of hunting worms during the rain I finally lucked out and found THREE gold worms during one storm. My friend caught two gold butterflies so I traded a gold worm for a gold butterfly and we're both happy. Though he was slightly less happy today when a random pirate invasion arrived in his world and wrecked him several times over... I couldn't go help because he was in single-player instead of multiplayer.

Another friend popped into my world while I was out doing a fishing quest and left me an SDMG... OMG THE DAMAGE ON THAT THING! It destroys Martian saucers so damn fast... I actually want to use my ranged character to poke at the lunatic cultist now, just to see if I can kill him.

In other news, I had my first random invasion event. Was putting on a pizza the other night and just as the oven finished warming, SUDDENLY PIRATES. I guess they had a craving for pizza and came to steal mine. I fought them off and got to enjoy that spicy chicken goodness all to myself.

Sword shrine hunt is going decently well. Last two worlds I generated all four sword shrines were on the far left of the map. Still no Arkhalis, but half a dozen enchanted swords and more fakes than I bothered counting.

Blood moons SUCK when in or near a Crimson biome, just btw.

I now have 20 of the 32 new strange plant dyes (I know there are 33 but Skiph's Blood doesn't become available until after the Moon Lord bites it and I haven't triggered the lunar events yet). My UFO mount is currently sporting the unicorn wisp dye. Bright glowing pink UFO ftw.

I'm having a issue when I save and exit the main screen will have half of my house on the title menu. Nothing game breaking but curious if anyone else has had this happen.

Also

My character icon on the map is sometimes a white square and the ia of Terraia logo.

One more thing: Is the map supposed to always show it's daylight? Before the map would be dark if it was night and light if it was daylight? Did they change this to force people to use watches or is this a bug? I cannot remember if it was like this on the PC and can't get to my laptop right now to check.

I'm having a issue when I save and exit the main screen will have half of my house on the title menu. Nothing game breaking but curious if anyone else has had this happen.

Also

My character icon on the map is sometimes a white square and the ia of Terraia logo.

One more thing: Is the map supposed to always show it's daylight? Before the map would be dark if it was night and light if it was daylight? Did they change this to force people to use watches or is this a bug? I cannot remember if it was like this on the PC and can't get to my laptop right now to check.

When I save and exit there's briefly some terrain or parts of my base on screen, but it goes away quickly and doesn't seem to bother anything

Also

Pic of this? I wonder if it is like on PC where you can get some "where you were" on the main screen sometimes.

Second one is known by PW - its a case of "it looks bad, but doesn't actually harm gameplay.... so it isn't a priority vs other things"

"Daylight" map -what you have now - is what is intended/should have been all along. What you had before was another "tweak" from the old days.

I was unable to get that same infinity knockback bug on a sword... Would have been fun to play with but no-go for me.

After several days of hunting worms during the rain I finally lucked out and found THREE gold worms during one storm. My friend caught two gold butterflies so I traded a gold worm for a gold butterfly and we're both happy. Though he was slightly less happy today when a random pirate invasion arrived in his world and wrecked him several times over... I couldn't go help because he was in single-player instead of multiplayer.

Another friend popped into my world while I was out doing a fishing quest and left me an SDMG... OMG THE DAMAGE ON THAT THING! It destroys Martian saucers so damn fast... I actually want to use my ranged character to poke at the lunatic cultist now, just to see if I can kill him.

In other news, I had my first random invasion event. Was putting on a pizza the other night and just as the oven finished warming, SUDDENLY PIRATES. I guess they had a craving for pizza and came to steal mine. I fought them off and got to enjoy that spicy chicken goodness all to myself.

Sword shrine hunt is going decently well. Last two worlds I generated all four sword shrines were on the far left of the map. Still no Arkhalis, but half a dozen enchanted swords and more fakes than I bothered counting.

Blood moons SUCK when in or near a Crimson biome, just btw.

I now have 20 of the 32 new strange plant dyes (I know there are 33 but Skiph's Blood doesn't become available until after the Moon Lord bites it and I haven't triggered the lunar events yet). My UFO mount is currently sporting the unicorn wisp dye. Bright glowing pink UFO ftw.
I Beat the lunatic cultist last night and he was easy, I was using vampire knives the xeno staff with beetle armor and turtle pants. (I was using the shell) it took a while but the vampire knives have a spread so it summoned the dragon (which is good) I did get to 1 health at some point. I just ran when that happened! XD If your a melee then definitely kill the solar tower first it’s super hard at first but once you get the solar weapons it’s pretty easy, I went and got the stardust dragon next.

Excellent update guys, found the moonlord on expert mode to be fairly easy with the right arena build. So far only one crash, but that was probably from 8 hours of play or more. Idoling seems to cause lag to spawn. Umm what else. Obviously dyes make it look like your character is a suit of pajamas. But other then that I dont think there's much issues , as far as playable in single player, you can begin to notice how split screen+ would drop fps. I think it's stardust pilar, not sure. The weapons are op! Terrarian mows down everything. Haha a yoyo as an ultimate weapon! I love Terraria haha.
[doublepost=1518627360,1518627085][/doublepost]
I Beat the lunatic cultist last night and he was easy, I was using vampire knives the xeno staff with beetle armor and turtle pants. (I was using the shell) it took a while but the vampire knives have a spread so it summoned the dragon (which is good) I did get to 1 health at some point. I just ran when that happened! XD If your a melee then definitely kill the solar tower first it’s super hard at first but once you get the solar weapons it’s pretty easy, I went and got the stardust dragon next.
Solar is easy if you build tunnels under every tower, using the Solar weapon that goes through walls is the way to go. Either use gravity grapple in a virticle tunnel to hoist up and down during the flying "hedgehog" attacks or run under them in a horizontal tunnel. I think you have enough space in a 5 wide to fly a little bit without the Solar Worm getting you.
[doublepost=1518627631][/doublepost]Oh yeah, my game broke too, the house and environment detached going all funky. Happened once, there is a square on the mini map that shows up once in a while. Also switching world's or saving and exiting results in bugs like the one mentioned above. It lags, acts funny upon loading, when this happens you're sure enough to have all your players pictures change to squiggly lines numbers or shapes. As if graphitied the character selection screen. Of course exiting the game fully and reloading fixed all these issues. More annoying is exiting a world without your D-Hotkey settings saved.

I did see that other people were having a problem with the little picture of there character was missing and black line instead but also when i leave my worlds a few times the screen starts blinking and then if i leave my worlds a couple more times and i join back the game just glitches i can still the sounds of me running opening doors etc.

Guys, can you please add a guest multiplayer option. Me and my friend wanted to play but he logged in as a guest and it didn’t give him the option to join to my world. We were playing Split-Screen multiplayer not Live...
[doublepost=1518571047,1518570507][/doublepost]
Be thankful for what you got; Look buddy, no game has no bugs. You should be grateful for all the hardwork every developer has put in. You shouldn’t be complaining about it..

I'm not complaining I just stated that I'm disappointed, maybe my expectations were higher then what could be delivered.
Btw, since when should I be thankfull for bugs and features that I don't like, I already stated that I appreciate all the new cool additions.

Oh and I'm definitely not your buddy, it sounds condescending, especially for someone who's my age.
Not everyone on the internet is below 20 years of age you know?

I'm not complaining I just stated that I'm disappointed, maybe my expectations were higher then what could be delivered.
Btw, since when should I be thankfull for bugs and features that I don't like, I already stated that I appreciate all the new cool additions.

Oh and I'm definitely not your buddy, it sounds condescending, especially for someone who's my age.
Not everyone on the internet is below 20 years of age you know?
“Buddy” doesn’t only mean someone under the age of 20.

1 week after getting the update, on expert mode, and I'm doing pretty trash (have only beaten Eye of Cthulu).
But I noticed that after backing out of a menu or chest, something nearby gets deactivated/opened/activated. Has this been reported yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom