Game Mechanics Re-enable various enviromental hazards and add new ones; as well as active threats to your base.

S'AraisVanu

Terrarian
We all know of how cacti used to hurt on touch.
We know how clowns used to blow up houses.
We know Overhaul has a lightning and fire system.
Stuff like this.

For lack of knowing how to quote
'Corrupters corrupting'
I liked this, but what about crimson? Crimsoner wouldn't be such a cool name.
But there would be a need for the crimson variant before this is implemented.

For lack of knowing how to quote
'Corrupters corrupting'
I liked this, but what about crimson? Crimsoner wouldn't be such a cool name.
But there would be a need for the crimson variant before this is implemented.
Grealm has Crimtors but I'd preffer Crimson having a unique way to spread instead of a reskinned flier.
[doublepost=1522951004,1522950968][/doublepost]
Again, do you have a reason beyond "adding extremely to the gameplay"?
Do you have a reason besides "waah my wood house burnt down"?

"Needless" he says. hah.

Precautions such as lining your structures with better materials
Or placing lightning rods
Or making a system which disperses water whenever it detects fire.
Or heaven forbid pouring water on it with a bucket.

Honestly seems you just want a "casual mode" with no bosses or enemies or anything.

[doublepost=1522951385,1522951332][/doublepost]
But what if you're a new player and don't look on the wiki? Looking at your house being destroyed and not knowing what to do would be a horror.

Perfect. The game's better going in blind anyway and I regret looking at that thing.
I was shocked the first time an enemy died to a star and I immidiately collected it, leaving me with a stunned expression as I thought something was anticlimatic. I was treated later on when I figured out it happened.

You're already upgrading your equipment. Might as well build better houses and the like.

"Needless" he says. hah.

Precautions such as lining your structures with better materials
Or placing lightning rods
Or making a system which disperses water whenever it detects fire.
Or heaven forbid pouring water on it with a bucket.

Honestly seems you just want a "casual mode" with no bosses or enemies or anything.
[doublepost=1522951385,1522951332][/doublepost]

Perfect. The game's better going in blind anyway and I regret looking at that thing.
Let me spell it out for you:

There is nothing, nothing, challenging or engaging about having to spam various devices in a game based around large-scale building, material acquisition, and combat. This is not Don't Starve, which is where I know you're getting this from. This is not a survival game. This is a layed-back sandbox RPG hybrid. Nobody wants to deal with the hassle of this baggage that would weigh down and constantly annoy the player.

Let me spell it out for you:

There is nothing, nothing, challenging or engaging about having to spam various devices in a game based around large-scale building, material acquisition, and combat. This is not Don't Starve, which is where I know you're getting this from. This is not a survival game. This is a layed-back sandbox RPG hybrid. Nobody wants to deal with the hassle of this baggage that would weigh down and constantly annoy the player.

"STOP HAVING DIFFRENT FUN THAT I SAY ISN'T FUN! I'M GONNA SAY YOU GOT THIS FROM ANOTHER GAME EVEN THOUGH THIS GAME ALREADY HAD THEM! WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
Whiner disregarded. Have a good day.

It's "Dig. Fight. Build." you utter philistine. Having been here since launch day and having to deal with whining kiddies such as yourself, I can easily say stripping out these KEY GAMEPLAY MECHANICS was a poor idea.

This is Terraria, where combat and progression are the focus. Not MINECRAFT. If I want to actually have to defend my base or manage situations well, I better goddamn well have the option to.

Wandering around the corruption/crimson and suddenly getting ambused by the Brain or an Eater of Worlds was both heavily engaging and entertaining.
The world's evils shouldn't just SIT AROUND AND WAIT for you to wipe them out (of which there is no benefit or reward for doing so)

Or at least allow you to build in the corruption/crimson and house NPCs there after a good slap in the face. (They'll house literally anywhere but. This includes situations which are directly harmful to them, but if the grass is purple or red they won't do anything even though seconds later they were having a lava bath? What gives?)

Last edited:
This is NOT a good idea. Sorry. NOBODY wants to build a house, then have a Blood Moon happen and spawn a clown or two, completely destroying everything. People enjoy building with wood, and having the random chance of a fire happening and destroying all of their hard work isn't fun. Building something to keep the Corruption out and having a Corruptor just so happen to fire past it doesn't add to any "difficulty" you want the game to have. The game is meant to be fun with a decent challenge, not completely unforgiving.
There's a reason these things were taken out/weren't added in the first place. No support in the slightest.

This is NOT a good idea. Sorry. NOBODY wants to build a house,
then have a Blood Moon happen and spawn a clown or two, completely destroying everything.
Obviously wrong.

People enjoy building with wood, and having the random chance of a fire happening and destroying all of their hard work isn't fun.
"If I say it's not fun that means NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO ENJOY IT!"

Building something to keep the Corruption out and having a Corruptor just so happen to fire past it doesn't add to any "difficulty" you want the game to have. The game is meant to be fun with a decent challenge, not completely unforgiving.
"I'm a pleb who can't take two seconds to throw purification powder at something"

There's a reason these things were taken out/weren't added in the first place. No support in the slightest.
Because of mass whining of spoiled children who just want everything -handed to them- on a golden platter.

Nobody has any legitimate complaints. "MUH BUILD!" isn't one of them. It would take all of two seconds to counteract.

But no, you'd rather whine and complain so that NOBODY is allowed to enjoy it.

S'Aris, before a moderator says it, you need to take it from a 5 to a 3. As for the actual suggestion these things are more of a nuisance to builders than a threat. While we could build lightning rods and such, that would be just as ugly as a lightning strike makong a gaping hole. While "MUH BUILD!" is the only complaint, it is the only thing this suggestion would provide us with. A nuisance destroying houses is all this would provide.

In case you are wondering, I have changed my username recently out from Aa13873, that is why I may seem familiar.

By the way @the first prism, you reply with the reply button in the bottom right corner of somebody's post.

Nobody has any legitimate complaints. "MUH BUILD!" isn't one of them. It would take all of two seconds to counteract.

One, some people want houses with no ligthning rods or whatever. Two,this could be in a different mode (like hardcore or something).
I always build with wood to save time. O don't want to fireproof anything, and a majority of people do this.
Try to tune down the flaming so the mods don't have to get involved.

As for the actual suggestion these things are more of a nuisance to builders than a threat. While we could build lightning rods and such, that would be just as ugly as a lightning strike makong a gaping hole. While "MUH BUILD!" is the only complaint, it is the only thing this suggestion would provide us with. A nuisance destroying houses is all this would provide.

Certainly a lot more entertaining than the game literally handing everything to you, which seems to be what some want. I want to actually enjoy the bloody game and make sure nothing's blowing my stuff to pieces. I want invasions that are actually meaningful and not just an annoying popup. I want dynamic and active threats to the world.

A lot of us do not give a flying damn about building and don't spend obscene lengths of time on these when it's far more effective to build a Gulag; yet these anti-hazard people seem damned determined to ruin the fun of anybody who enjoys deeper gameplay. It's fine for THEM to strip away the game, but not okay for us to add onto it?

Last edited:
Everyone needs to take a step back and settle down. Things are getting heated and personal here.

"STOP HAVING DIFFRENT FUN THAT I SAY ISN'T FUN! I'M GONNA SAY YOU GOT THIS FROM ANOTHER GAME EVEN THOUGH THIS GAME ALREADY HAD THEM! WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
Whiner disregarded. Have a good day.

@S'AraisVanu

Do not resort to name calling other people by referring to them as "whiners" It is disrespectful behavior, and we do not tolerate posting that is disrespectful towards other people.

Other people are allowed to say why they don't like your suggestion and offer constructive criticism. If you choose to ignore it. That's your choice, but you do not get to target other people and attack them over it.

For all other posters in the Thread. You should also take a step back as several of the posts here are getting heated. Remember to keep it respectful. And if you find yourself getting angry while posting, that is the time to take a step back, as it can lead into disrespectful behavior and personal attacks.

I don't support this suggestion not because I want everything handed to me, but because I believe that it would hurt the game more than help it. These changes would make it so that there is less freedom of building, seen as if you build with would, your house could burn down. This doesn't work in a game about building.

Also, if the Crimson were to have a Corruptor variant, I would like to see Ichor Sticker fulfill that role...

Back
Top Bottom