NPCs & Enemies Post-Mech Hell Expansion

These are amazing! I always thought the Underworld lacked Content! I would love to have these implemented! One thing though, these should probably be after you defeat Plantera. I LOVE the idea of the Underworld Key too as well as the Underworld boss! :p

I'd say European, but there is no Europe in Tamriel... :S

Skyrim is close enough. It has cold lands and mountains, like Norway and the Alps, and the people there are stubborn.

But my reasoning for asking that was you considered Wyverns to be ones with wings and a single pair of legs, despite Skyrim Dragons being exactly this. I'm sure there's some further clarification you use to differentiate them.

Also, while we're on this topic, what do you think of dual pair legs + wings dragons? Still European?

It's strange, because what you think they are doesn't really add up. Reign of Fire dragons are the same as Skyrim, and are considered as such.

*shrugs* dragons are such a complex thing what with how many different cultures interpret it that I just think the whole thing is based on perspective.

Hell%20Dragon.png

Yes I like the idea of this it would very well contribute to the Hell Biome.
demon-slime-png.135333

Hm, Yes I suppose but only if it's second phase turns it into a Lava Slime, we don't need 2 slimes in hell. Despite if it's "scarier" looking.
fire-serpent-full-png.135274

I like this one a lot, the sprite is great and all.
Fallen%20Angel.gif
Fallen%20Angel_fire.gif

I like this idea a lot, it would be really cool if it flew out of lava in phase 2's sprite then it would cool off and be in phase 1's sprite.
broken-devil-wing-png.134986
devil-wings-png.134996

Yes, but it should replace Demon Wings and Angel Wings should be replaced by Baconfry's
Seraph Wings (I don't want the lucifer one's however, these look nicer)
Dragon%20Bone%20Blade%201.png

Seems over powered by it's stats.
Wrath%20Scepter.png

... Don't like it but don't hate it, love the sprite though!
Bat%20Staff.png

Never really liked summoner but I see how it could be useful to those who do use it.
Forsaken%20Relic.png

Hm.. Yes I like this to some degree.

Forsaken%20Cross.png

Why not..

Bat%20Necklae.png

Yes I like this kinda.
underworld-key-png.136651
underworld-chest-png.134870
underworld-key-mold-png.136648

Yes finally Underworld chests that aren't shadow!

updated it 4 u @SzGamer227

Last edited:
God damn, only now does the Infernal Dragon's flame tail resemble a hand to me. It's stuck in my mind now and I hate it :/

Hmmm, Interesting, Hardmode Hell lacks some creatures,
About the Demon Bone Blade, I like its strength, but it does look
too strong, but since its Hardmode, its ok to be like it.

"The monsters of hell are trying to get to you..."
"The underworld seems stronger... and angrier..."
Two ideas for the game to say when the true underworld gets unlocked. I really like this idea!

This is horrible, unless you managed to farm tons of emblems before you defeat a mechanical boss.

Yeah, I agree. It isn't like Sz has suggested to solve/nullify the emblem problem in this game. Oh wait:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/change-recipes-involving-the-avenger-emblem.1542/

Saying content suggestions are rubbish because it will make an item harder to acquire is a terrible argument. Instead of blocking this out, you solve the problem/balance it out in the first place.

@SzGamer227 I have a faint memory of the Red Devil dropping the Voodoo doll as a suggestion. Not sure where it came from, but do you reckon it could be added in? Alternatively, you could have an upgraded variant of the Voodoo Demon itself.

Last edited:
Saying content suggestions are rubbish because it will make an item harder to acquire is a terrible argument. Instead of blocking this out, you solve the problem/balance it out in the first place.

Even if his so-called solution is implemented, there will still be an emblem grind problem.

Besides, the loot in this biome will either make the current loot of its tier worthless, or is worthless themselves. Such will happen if you add content for the sake of content itself.

Let's take a look at the Unholy Trident: a completely useless item since you can have a Rainbow Rod instead. It has such a low drop rate that you might as well use what you can craft. Why even put that item in the game in the first place? It is as bad as the Keybrand.

There are a lot of problems which comes with adding hardmode monsters to a biome. Redundancy and mobs taking up valuable spawn spaces are among them.

Even if his so-called solution is implemented, there will still be an emblem grind problem.

Do you have a grudge against Sz or something, or is this just the way you talk? That thread is a solution, that's a fact, but there's many solutions people have suggested out there regarding the emblem grind.

Besides, the loot in this biome will either make the current loot of its tier worthless, or is worthless themselves.

That's what is called unbalanced. Optimally, you balance equipment to make the loot compete with equivalents so what weapon you use is down to play style and preference.

Let's take a look at the Unholy Trident: a completely useless item since you can have a Rainbow Rod instead. It has such a low drop rate that you might as well use what you can craft. Why even put that item in the game in the first place? It is as bad as the Keybrand.

Did you know the Unholy Trident pierces up to four enemies? That means it is better than the Rainbow Rod should you hit more than one enemy. It's drop rate isn't even that low; I never have had an issue acquiring one.

Because of that, you can't put it in a similar situation as the Keybrand. There are faster, bigger, stronger swords than the Keybrand that also shoots projectiles and can be acquired before defeating Plantera. That's what unbalanced is.

Do you have a grudge against Sz or something, or is this just the way you talk? That thread is a solution, that's a fact, but there's many solutions people have suggested out there regarding the emblem grind.

That's what is called unbalanced. Optimally, you balance equipment to make the loot compete with equivalents so what weapon you use is down to play style and preference.

Did you know the Unholy Trident pierces up to four enemies? That means it is better than the Rainbow Rod should you hit more than one enemy. It's drop rate isn't even that low; I never have had an issue acquiring one.

Because of that, you can't put it in a similar situation as the Keybrand. There are faster, bigger, stronger swords than the Keybrand that also shoots projectiles and can be acquired before defeating Plantera. That's what unbalanced is.
Did you know the Magical Harp pierces infinite enemies AND does not have a snail speed or a really low drop chance?

This suggestion make the current post-Mech loot seem as useless as the pre-Hardmode ore swords.

Besides, there is the issue of difficulty in what is supposed to be a safe place to put an AFK grinder. It is like increasing the difficulty of the Golem after you beat the Pumpkin Moon and want to farm Beetle Armor.

It would lead to situations such as 'Time to farm the other 3 emblems. Oh no! I can't even survive Hell! D=' and 'I better farm all the emblems before I defeat the Destroyer'.

Last edited:
Did you know the Magical Harp pierces infinite enemies AND does not have a snail speed or a really low drop chance?

You were comparing the Unholy Trident to the Rainbow Rod and said it's useless in comparison. I said why you're wrong. Don't bend the rules by adding in another weapon to compare.

By the way, the Magical Harp has half the base damage of the Unholy Trident. Its speed is complex as it depends on where you place the cursor, but still slow nevertheless. The projectile also dissipates, so it can't be useful for long-range. Because of these three disadvantages, you have reasons to use the Unholy Trident over the Magical Harp and vice versa depending on situation. They're two weapons that behave completely differently.

This suggestion make the current post-Mech loot seem as useless as the pre-Hardmode ore swords.

You have yet to say how. Content can co-exist, as long as there is reason to use one item over another. This is what you pretty much said, paraphrased:

This is unbalanced. No support

What is optimal is this:

x item is too strong/weak, I suggest y change to make it better balanced.

Balancing issues does not mean the whole suggestion gets thrown out of the window. Nothing in any suggestion is finalised; thread creators should be open to critism (Sz definitely is) and statistics especially should always be subject to change.[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom