NPCs & Enemies Post-Mech Hell Expansion

Balancing issues does not mean the whole suggestion gets thrown out of the window. Nothing in any suggestion is finalised; thread creators should be open to critism (Sz definitely is) and statistics especially should always be subject to change.
[/QUOTE]
There is absolutely no way to balance this. It will either cause difficulty problems, spawn problems or other problems. It will either be too easy, too hard or BOTH.

What? Seriously...what?

Not only did you present an oxymoron, you have yet to say why any of the gear from this suggestion is unbalanced.
Their item drop rate is too low. Since there are craftable aternatives, there is no reason to grind them except for 100% completion's sake.

The mobs also make it too tough. It should be easy enough to make emblem grinding not incur too many deaths, but hard enough so that they are a challenge. Unfortunately, anything that qualifies as 'A Chalenge' also qualifies as 'Too tough to just AFKFarm emblems'.

Their item drop rate is too low. Since there are craftable aternatives, there is no reason to grind them except for 100% completion's sake.

I don't see any of the gear having too low of a drop rate. The biggest possible offender would the the Forsaken Angel's drops, but that isn't even that bad considering it isn't a boss (moreso an equivalent to the Paladin).

Remember that you only have to kill one mechanical boss to unlock post-mech-hell. Because of that, you can get the goodies from this suggestion before the stuff from the Destroyer and Prime, if you have only killed the Twins.

The mobs also make it too tough. It should be easy enough to make emblem grinding not incur too many deaths, but hard enough so that they are a challenge. Unfortunately, anything that qualifies as 'A Chalenge' also qualifies as 'Too tough to just AFKFarm emblems'.

What are you on about? The Wall of Flesh would still be the same. Voodoo Demons will still spawn (at an increased rate, coming with the 1.3 update). Emblem grinding is a separate problem that should be solved directly. No work-arounds, especially when you put in content suggestions in the mix.

What are you on about? The Wall of Flesh would still be the same. Voodoo Demons will still spawn (at an increased rate, coming with the 1.3 update). Emblem grinding is a separate problem that should be solved directly. No work-arounds, especially when you put in content suggestions in the mix.
This suggestion will make post-Mech hell harder than the post-Plantera Dungeon (relatively speaking)

This suggestion will make post-Mech hell harder than the post-Plantera Dungeon (relatively speaking)

I do hope you are joking, because the Dungeon has the Paladin, an enemy that can consistently hit triple digits with hammers that pass through walls. Not to mention Hell is a much more spacious environment than the Dungeon.

Again, it's a matter of 'why', because you're still stating things without backing them up.

I do hope you are joking, because the Dungeon has the Paladin, an enemy that can consistently hit triple digits with hammers that pass through walls. Not to mention Hell is a much more spacious environment than the Dungeon.

Again, it's a matter of 'why', because you're still stating things without backing them up.
Hell%20Dragon.png

fire-serpent-full-png.135274

I thought the reason is obvious. As of this update, Red Devils are more common than Demons.

Infernal Dragon
* Rare
* Wyvern Behavior
Other possible names: Fell Dragon, Fell Drake, Infernal Drake, Hell Dragon, or Hell Drake.
Health: 5000
Damage: 85 (H) 50 (B)
Defense: 10 (H) 16 (B)
* Breathes a burst of fire (like a Flamethrower) when the player passes in front of its head.
Breath Damage: 30

Guess what? This is a multi-segment enemy. That means any penetrating attacks will decimate it. Also, a reasonable defence to have is 40, so its head will do 65 while the body will do 30. It isn't that much damage, not much more than the current wyvern actually.

Health: 1000
Damage: 80 (H) 60 (B)
Defense: 30 (H) 40 (B)
* Has a 33% (1/3) chance to inflict "On Fire!" for 7 seconds.
* Three special segments shoot fireballs at the player. (Kind of like Destroyer, but less insane.)
Ranged Damage: 60
* Fireballs have a 50% (1/2) chance to inflict "On Fire!" for 10 seconds.

Again, multi-segment. You should have learned with the Bone Serpent how to avoid it, because they're pretty easy to avoid. Damn, you have wings at this point.

I was expecting you to back up your claim with the Forsaken Angel. But these two? Really?

You're saying these two are harder than hitscan/homing/wall hacking projectiles that slow you/blind you/explode and linger with the Necromancer/Ragged Caster/Diabolist respectively. And then we have the Sniper, the bastard that can slice over a quarter of your health before you even know it existed.

This is all in an environment where movement is restricted by the generated layout of the Dungeon.

Last edited:
really like it! hell right now is boring in the endgame. just a weapon and a burning chicken feather.
would love to see this in-game! (maybe there could be a boss like some devil-god thing, i dont know)

I don't know. Why do wingless Skeletons drop Bone Feathers? :naughty:
Well, I guess it's time for you to make a winged Dungeon enemy suggestion. If there is no wings in an area, why should there be feathers? Ice Golems make me mad becuase of it, maybe Ice elementals have wings, I don't know.

I'm not a fan of the recycled harpies and wyvern (better to come up with something entirely new in my opinion), but the rest is absolutely delicious. :)

Epic idea. Underworld need something else on post mechs. And the best idea is underworld keymold. Total support. :joy::joy::redspin::redspin:

Back
Top Bottom