Mobile Terrarians Assemble! Mobile 1.3 Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done that and it still lags. It doesn’t lag as much, but it still lags with the FPS being <30 at most times. I mean, it doesn’t matter if it’s a smooth 60fps for me, I think it runs fine at 30.

There might not be a lot that can be done. That is actually similar to my own experience and a few others. My Phone has an Android 9.0 OS and 4GB of RAM for example, and I still regularly get 30-40 fps while in a regular area like the Forest. When traveling to other big biomes such as the Jungle/Underworld or doing events such as the Pumpkin Moon, FPS will drop a bit during those events. I usually end up with 20 FPS in those instances. To me it still doesn't make the game unplayable luckily.

I'm glad the game still feels playable to you despite being less than 30 FPS.

Here I am

Attachments

• 689BD58E-E729-46B3-8880-CFE5CDE0C9D6.png
    689BD58E-E729-46B3-8880-CFE5CDE0C9D6.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 139
There might not be a lot that can be done. That is actually similar to my own experience and a few others. My Phone has an Android 9.0 OS and 4GB of RAM for example, and I still regularly get 30-40 fps while in a regular area like the Forest. When traveling to other big biomes such as the Jungle/Underworld or doing events such as the Pumpkin Moon, FPS will drop a bit during those events. I usually end up with 20 FPS in those instances. To me it still doesn't make the game unplayable luckily.

I'm glad the game still feels playable to you despite being less than 30 FPS.
Thanks! I am glad I’m still able to play the update with my really good character. I do have other, better devices that have the update on it though. I don’t really mind the low FPS during normal play but during boss fights it can make them slightly harder (I mean, I fought the Cultist and it lagged, but it was tolerable).

I gotta say, the grapple joystick is awfully convenient! I also love how I can dye everything. I’m still trying to get shifting sand dye, and negative dye. So I am loving the update so far. For the first time in a while I am excited to hop onto terraria every day!

Made this account just to be able to comment on the new update.

On one hand, seeing all this new content after all these years is amazing. I never truly gave up on 1.3 coming to mobile so I'm very excited to finally get started on all the previously PC and Console exclusive content such as the Lunar Event or the Martian Invasion.

On the other hand, the controls are incredibly infuriating. There are two main reasons for this.

1. Jump button
This is the biggest takeaway. Using the jump button is really hard and requires the use of three fingers to be effective in combat, one for the left stick to move around, one for jumping/flying and one for attacking. Quite honestly being unable to play with two fingers is both very uncomfortable but also limits the view of your screen. Jumping is fine outside of combat but it's infuriating that it has to be so unneccessarily hard to fight. The alternative is dragging up twice which instead is both unreliable and slow but also makes maneuvering whilst flying nigh impossible. Please add an option for the old jump where you just slide up on the left stick? Like some sort of option for that would be great...

2. Having to tap induvidually every time you want to swing your sword has absolutely killed all desire to ever play melee for me. With ranged and mage you can atleast hold to attack.. Surely we could have the ability to hold to swing?

Other than the controls I am loving the update. It seems to be a really polished update with amazing content, just sucks to die to bosses I could obliterate before because flying and jumping is such a hassle

Existe alguma maneira de criar um servidor pelo telefone? porque até agora só vi pessoas dizendo isso apenas para o PC.

yo can i give a tip to the developers .. because the jump button is appsolutely annoying when you fight a boss you now need to use three fingers because u need to move use the weapon and now press A JUMP BUTTON like why? its annoying can they just make it back to the movement stick controls if you jump or not i know u can double press the movement stick but u cant fly sidewards or down only up and if u move it anywhere else u drop PLEASE make the it so if u hold up on the stick it will make u jump/fly or whatever cause these bosses are hard to fight cause of it

Weird question maybe the wrong categorization area, but is there any host out for mobile servers, cause i'm on a linux pc with an android phone xD

i still don’t know how to connect to online players with the IP address I don’t know how to get mine I’m on iOS

Seems to me that terraria as a whole was just dumped into a big trash can, mixed up, and dumped onto a table and put back together like that. Taking the ability to fly from the left joystick makes no sense at all. None. You have to be super close to a chest to open it. It was built for tablets because no one in their right mind would want to have to look at their inventory being that small on a phone. Why would anyone NOT want auto swing? The no auto pause thing just screams " kill me while I try to find something in my chest" which is way too small to see what stuff is.
I could go on. I think no one in DR Studios ever played the game before tearing it down and Frankensteining it back together. The screen is WAY too cluttered. It's like the game was chewed up and vomited back into our laps. With some peas and corn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom