Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's my submission, sorry if it's a little garbage

trashmanlarge.png

'trash man' consists of only a hat and pants. the hat being the lid and the pants being the bin. the reason it's the pants is because instead of having a walk animation, you

slide.

that's the main feature of this set, is that you

slide

wherever you go. the can and lid should be sold by the merchant if the clothier has appeared (i.e. skeletron defeated) and each piece should sell for 1 gold. i haven't used the in-game sprite of the trash can for this just for creative liberty. also i think doing so would be a bit lazy on my part.
become the trash. embrace it. hold it.

you are trash.

(edit 3/15: some guy down the line took my trash man name, and it really rustles my jimmies that he didn't check previous submissions and now i'm slightly inconvenienced)

Last edited:
Screenshot_669.png

*UPDATED!*

I made some little changes to improve the sprite a bit.

Name: Blue Devil Set

Just a Sonic Vanity, based on the design from the movie.

- Blue Devil Mask
- Blue Devil Torso
- Blue Devil Pants

Found in goodie bags. It's just a sketch lol, I'm bad at pixel lightning. I'll try to improve it if i win, and sorry if my english is bad, I'm brazilian. :)

Last edited:
My submission is called the "cardboard cutout" pretty self explanitory

Attachments

• Terraria vanity entry.jpg
    Terraria vanity entry.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 186
I thought I would make a colourful balloon set. It consists of a Balloon Hat, a Balloon shirt and some Balloon Trousers (Pants)

Attachments

• BC706E1C-7CE2-484E-B529-B0D139F6CAEB.jpeg
    BC706E1C-7CE2-484E-B529-B0D139F6CAEB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
Just made an account for this idea! I wanted a vanity that looked like a plastic bag wrapped around the player's head. It's called the Recyclable Set and is supposed to promote recycling by throwing yourself into the recycling bin. It rolls in the place of walking and wings are not visible while walking. When flying, the lid is shut with the player inside and opens when they land or grapple. The set is obtainable through killing a naturally spawning King Slime, with both pieces dropping at the same time.
screenshot.png

My submission for the Terraria vanity contest
Under here, you'll find my submission, that I have spent some time working on. I have had a passion for Terraria since I was very little. Terraria is probably my most played game other than Minecraft, and I have many good childhood memories from this game. I have watched Re-logic grow as a company and at the same time, Terraria flourish. It's kinda sad that journeys end will be the last update to the game, but I think Terraria needs it. I will give more room for many more amazing titles from Re-logic in the future.

Generating ideas
My initial idea was to create some simple armor that looked cool, but I felt that would become kinda generic, and would not look cool in the game, so instead, I chose to make a vanity set, with a reference to my second most loved Valve title, Half-life. I was thinking about doing something with Portal, but there are already hints towards that game, via the portal gun, so I thought that a Half-Life reference was needed.

freemand.png
freeman.png

Work process
I started off by making the Headcrab, then the HEV Suit. the sprites I made might not be optimal, but they are there to give a visual representation of what the vanity set should look like. While making the various bits and pieces, I used a reference picture of Gorden Freeman and a headcrab. I tried to make the vanity set in the style of the Hazardous Zombies from the original half-life or from Black Mesa

Down below you'll find a handy dandy picture showing each piece of and much more

Submition.png

Motivation
This will sound super cliche, but I signed into this contest, not because of the fame and glory (although that is a really nice thing to have on the side), but I signed in, because of my love of this videogame and what it has done for me. I have always wanted to create something for the Terrarian community for a while now, and I feel this is my best shot at making something cool and that I may have the chance to get into the game. Before this contest was announced, I was working on my own Terraria cardgame, inspired by hearthstone and magic the gathering, and I got pretty far with it, but now that project has kinda stopped, because of need to focus on my study. I might return to it one day because I really want to give back to the community at large.

I hope that I didn't bore you too much with my rambling. Good luck with your future games and releases Re-logic

Kind regards,

Pontoppidanium

Basic hoodie.png

Just a hoodie wearing set of clothes
i haven't cam across any hoodies in the game so i don't think there is any

The head piece is the hoodie part not sure if it should sit their or just go over the head
The torso piece is the main part of the hoodie where it has pockets (forgot to include in drawing)
The pants are just some blue jeans

it would be nice if certain dyes would color the hoodie but not the strings
idk if this is possible but for an Easter egg you click the strings and the head piece goes over your head like an Eskimo

if it was put in the game can the tool tip be something like this "winner of the Vanity contest [insert name]!"
my steam account name is Kaleb8215 in case you need to put it in the tool tip ;)
Disclaimer: my account has not got any money attached to it so im still in restricted mode so it might be extra heard some how

Thought i might add my own share, since there's a disturbing lack of dragons in Terraria. Not to say there isn't any, but I haven't seen enough for such a fantasy game.
-Dowa's mask/helm
-Dowa's chest plates
-Dowa's leg braces
(Meowmere not included.)
(Batteries not included.)
(Fragile.)

Attachments

• terrariavanity.png
    terrariavanity.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 173
terrariasubmissionvanitykitsunesamurai.png

Kitsune Samurai.
It contains Kitsune Mask by the one side of the head. Kimono included. Katana case (animated) and samurai pants.
katana case holds the katana, if you use any Asian styled sword, like Cobalt Sword, Muramasa, and Katana. The sword disappears from the katana case until the sword is done swinging.

Enjoy the contest! :dryadsmile:

also, the body I used is a test doll, of course, there can be hair. I just wanna make sure...

The creator of the art itself is one of my friends, but i have asked THEIR permission and they are allowing me to use this image to represent my vanity idea. (lets be honest, everybody is doing self inserts i might as well include my own fursona)

Currently no idea for names specifically of each piece, if it becomes relevant i will provide names for each of the pieces, along with other information.

newdesignpfp.png

TerrariaCustomSprite.jpg

Terraria is a game I can play over and over again, without getting bored. I can't wait to see what Journey's End brings!
This sprite is one I came up with using a particular color scheme that I really like. It will be called Jianzhu's headgear, breastplate, and greaves.
I took inspiration from thinking about a Tiefling race, and using my favorite color-scheme.

Good luck everyone! I hope you all like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom