Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
unicrnterr14.png

Here is my entry, the Unicorn mask, unicorn shirt and unicorn pants.

We have Unicorn on a stick and the unicorn mount from the blessed apple, why not a unicorn vanity set? :) While moving, the tail is visible and moves similar to the mount/creature in game. It can be set as a drop from creatures in the hollow or just unicorns themselves. Could also have a sparkle trail as a set bonus/effect.

pixil-frame-0 (3).png
hi
this is vio's set (m e)
i like purple ok
it is epic color
im a boy just in case
so basically this is just a purple satin suit
thats it
the end
why is the tie so short
oops

Dragon Costume

I have a probably healthy obsession with dragons, so any dragon costume would be really nice. The blue and gold one here is the closest I could get to me, but others could look nice too so I added a couple other varieties with slight edits etc. Ideally the tail would not conflict with most wings, so it may need edited a tad if it gets in the way.

Dragon Costume.png

Welcome to my post, traveller!
So this is my suggestion..

The slime set!
This set has 3 parts to it (which I have not split up, it will take too long to do), the head of the slime, the legs, and the gooey little torso!
This set will change colour, depending on what biome you are in. But to do this, you must explore them and find the special gels, hidden away in the enemies of each biome. You don't know if you will find them, but when you do, you will not regret it!

(Warning: This gooey little guy is not human, and may bite. If you ever feel the goo is expanding, call us immediately at 555-SAVE-YOURSELF, if you do not, your life may be at risk. The goo cannot talk, and if it does, do not listen to a word it says, it is definitely a figment of your imagination)

There is now not only a crimson and corruption variant, but also a hallow variant and king slime variant, as well as jungle, mushroom and hell variants! Hopefully when you are in crimson, you will take on the red goop, corruption becomes the purple goop, the hallow makes you beautiful and sparkly, and the biomes which haven't been made will use king slime by default. I will probably make a few more of these for a few more biomes, like an iced goop (probably gonna make it an ice cream), along with some other ideas.
In the gif, it alternates 1, 2, 3, 1 etc.. but it looks nice enough so I probably won't change it for now...
Hope ya consider this being put in, since I think it would be nice to be the successor of King Slime, maybe the crown on the blue variant will only show if you defeat the big guy himself..

Right now in the gifs, they are all opaque, since I have ditched the transparency (it is too annying to make), so if this is ever added, a small transparency effect could be added, I'm sure it wouldn't be too much of a big deal.

This could either be some sort of one piece set, or it could be split into three different parts (head torso and legs of course, but I am not splitting them for the sake of my sanity)
Thank you very much for reading and considering :^)

The gifs that I have made are intended as a walking animation, other animations can be added, but for the sake of my sanity, I will not make everything. All slime gifs I post are the walking animations of the slime.

I may edit this post for formatting and additions.

If these are seperate drops, here would be where they drop:
Crimson goop drops from brain of Cthulu
Corruption goop drops from Eater of worlds
Hallow goop drops from any hallowed enemies

The goop set itself drops from King Slime (sort of like the shinobi set)
Jungle goop drops from Plantera(?) (maybe jungle enemies if that isn't resonable)
Mushroom goop is sold by the Truffle/ Dryad in an underground jungle
Hell goop drops from any type of demon

If I think of more goops, I will add them onto this list!

If this is how it is implemented, one way to control which colours you want could be to have King Slime drop the set (sort of like the shinobi gear, but vanity), with some sort of special gel which drops from the enemies listed above which you can combine with the base set to let it change colour in different biomes. This could also make some cool 'combo sets,' which use different goops on the head, torso and legs.
Thanks for reading this, and I hope you like the nice little animations I have made!

Attachments

• corruptiongif.gif
    corruptiongif.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 110
  • crimsongif.gif
    crimsongif.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 105
  • hallowgif.gif
    hallowgif.gif
    6 KB · Views: 110
  • hellslimegif.gif
    hellslimegif.gif
    6 KB · Views: 104
  • junglegif.gif
    junglegif.gif
    6 KB · Views: 111
  • mushroomgif.gif
    mushroomgif.gif
    6 KB · Views: 170
  • kingslimegif.gif
    kingslimegif.gif
    6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
Here is my Midnight armour

Attachments

• Midnight armour.PNG
    Midnight armour.PNG
    7.5 KB · Views: 108
Untitled.png

So basically i want the colour theme to be black, gray, purple.

The head is like a helmet with spikes at the back and a big spike in the front.
The arms would have spikes or something that makes it seem aerodynamic it doesnt really matter but it needs to stay at least a bit simmilar.
The face would be covered with a mask and the eye could be black or purple it doesnt really matter.
The chestplate needs to have a centered core, with purple color.
And the boots have simmilar rules as the arms.

Maybe when you run it could have a cool effect like a trail or someting. The details dont matter roo much they can be whatever just need to fit the theme around the core. The armour set could be called Void Walker, or runner or sprinter it can be adjusted.

Hooligan set
He's wearing a snapback cap backwards, a baggy t-shirt with a red best over it, a golden chain, saggy jeans and black sneakers.

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    88 KB · Views: 132
Torso vanity... extremely rare drop from "The Groom" zombie, or the bride zombie( maybe possible to have them both as one entity driving in this). When equipped, it can "run over" ground enemies, However, no in hand items can be used. Really just a rare showing off vanity item to boast to your friends.
cadillac.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom