Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Confection: The Desserted Land- An Alternate Hallow

What is the Confection's most iconic creature?

• Birdnana

Votes: 59 8.2%
  • Cherry Bomber

Votes: 28 3.9%
  • Cherry Bug

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Chocofrog

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Crazy Cone

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Crunchy Camel

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Dainty Donkey

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Gummy Worm

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • Icecream Gal

Votes: 28 3.9%
  • Iscreamer

Votes: 55 7.7%
  • Krispy Kitty

Votes: 17 2.4%
  • Meowzer

Votes: 56 7.8%
  • Parfait Slime/Sherbet Slime

Votes: 46 6.4%
  • Pip

Votes: 11 1.5%
  • Prickster

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Rollercookie

Votes: 229 32.0%
  • Rootbeer Floater

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Sprinkler/Sprinkling

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Sweety Gummy

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • The Unfirm

Votes: 76 10.6%

• Total voters
That's actually because Crimson honestly shows how bad it is, unlike the Confection who is just as hard on your body as a disease. You could also get ill with what the Confection wants to offer you, but you could get just as ill with what the Crimson has to offer. The Confection could make you just as rotted and bloody (ulceres, tooth rot, infected digestive tube wounds, etc...).
I'm mostly supporting my idea because I'd like some more progression, bringing something else than Cyber and Crimson in a Cyber/Crimson world would create a new, more powerfull chimeric biome which would offer a totally new fight. I'm not really for having 5 alts for a "good" biome and another 7 for "bad" biomes. I don't know, but if I were new to Terraria and would reach Hardmode, and the guide/dryad warned me that bringing seeds of an otherworldly power (pearlstone, in our case) would result in a great imbalance, I'd definitely try that out. I find diversity just for diversity's sake rather bad, as I already mentioned above, so mixing chaos and order with goodness and badness and see what would happen would definitely be some interesting mechanic.
That's merely my point of view, rest assured that I don't expect my suggestions to be implemented in-game.
Your idea is cool, but it's more a concept then an actual suggestion. It would require tons of effort and elaboration, and it would need biomes that were intended to be a combination of the existing good and evil biomes rather than alternates, which is what you used. Also, I just don't see how rainbows and unicorns + blood and guts = cookies and cream

Your idea is cool, but it's more a concept then an actual suggestion. It would require tons of effort and elaboration, and it would need biomes that were intended to be a combination of the existing good and evil biomes rather than alternates, which is what you used. Also, I just don't see how rainbows and unicorns + blood and guts = cookies and cream
This thread derailed enough on this subject, feel free to reply further on this thread, if you find something worth noting/interesting:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/mixed-vice-and-virtue-biomes.6046/
It's also hard to elaborate on totally new grounds, I'd appreciate any help.

I like this, but I actually support the Cyber rather than the Confection as an opposite to the Crimson. That is mostly because... I think the Confection is much too similar to the Crimson. But that doesn't mean this doesn't have a definite place in Terraria.
Here comes the shameless self-advertising: has anyone seen my biome mixing thread? Because I think the Confection is actually a mix of Crimson and Hallow. That being said, I should update my thread.

The Crimson is currently being used as a placeholder, as making just the Confection took several dozens of hours. An Anti-Confection is in the works.

Also, I don't see how Confection and Crimson are too similar? I mean, they're suppose to be similar with the fact they're both infectious, yeah, but I don't see icecream and cookies being "too similar" to blood and guts.

That's actually because Crimson honestly shows how bad it is, unlike the Confection who is just as hard on your body as a disease.

That's kind of the point, as with the Corruption and Hallow. The same thing can be said about the Hallow as it, too, also appears as a land that doesn't appear harmful, except it is.

I find diversity just for diversity's sake rather bad, as I already mentioned above, so mixing chaos and order with goodness and badness and see what would happen would definitely be some interesting mechanic.
That's merely my point of view, rest assured that I don't expect my suggestions to be implemented in-game.

I'm kind of scratching my head as to how new things to do can be bad.. I mean, couldn't the same be said about your idea? New stuff for the sake of new stuff?

Here is unicorns with blood and guts. It's NOT COOKIES.
crimow_by_girghgh-d89w822.png

Oh my god... :dryadeek:

It's the grandmapocalypse! IT WON'T GO AWAY WHEN I CLICK IT! 666/10 I'm having nightmares tonight! It's horribly amazing! Also amazingly horrifying! Even scarier than I imagined! More exclamation marks! OOOH YEAH!!

I don't know if I can look at my Rollercookies the same way any more!

EDIT: NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

This is great. Much better than The Dessert (desert alternative) I had in mind.
The sprites look lovely. I would suggest Sugarsand instead of Creamsand, just because the one you have now sounds too much like Crimsand. Maybe for the other blocks too.
Also, it looks like the WSC sprites from the Candyland one got a very nice use! The new ones look great too.
Plantera will develop some kind of phobia related to icecream vans.

Another update!

• Added new mob, Sherbet Slime, to act as a Rainbow Slime alternative
    Ru1J5pz.gif
  • Sherbet Slime drops Rainbow Gel
    17g2f80.png
    to craft into Rainbow Bricks, Sherbet Bricks
    p0Q5TsH.gif
    qceiooy.gif
    , and Rainbow Torches
    m6W24fT.gif
    . Rainbow Slimes now drop Rainbow Gel instead of Rainbow Bricks. Rainbow Bricks require Pearlstone Blocks to craft, with Sherbet Bricks needing Creamstone Blocks.
  • Rainbow Torches
    m6W24fT.gif
    will cycle through the colors of the rainbow, like how Demon Torches switch from blue to purple.
  • Sherbet Slimes have their own banner, cuz why not?
    4Wo3bJe.png

I've said it once in PMs and I'll say it again: This figurine is amazing! As well as the sword! Thanks so much for making this. It must've taken forever. I want one! :p

Have all my yes. I really like the crystalline pattern of the Sherbet bricks, and the subtle pastel of its color pulse might actually be slightly less eye-ruining than the existing Rainbow bricks in large amounts, haha.
Thanks! Rainbow Bricks really hurt my eyes, so I went with less saturated colors, as highly saturated colors are the ones able to burn holes through your eyes. I could see about adding in more inbetween colors, hmm.

Last edited:
JUST AWESOME X3
[DOUBLEPOST=1419292632][/DOUBLEPOST]
Another update!

• Added new mob, Sherbet Slime, to act as a Rainbow Slime alternative
    Ru1J5pz.gif
  • Sherbet Slime drops Rainbow Gel
    17g2f80.png
    to craft into Rainbow Bricks, Sherbet Bricks
    p0Q5TsH.gif
    qceiooy.gif
    , and Rainbow Torches
    m6W24fT.gif
    . Rainbow Slimes now drop Rainbow Gel instead of Rainbow Bricks. Rainbow Bricks require Pearlstone Blocks to craft, with Sherbet Bricks needing Creamstone Blocks.
  • Rainbow Torches
    m6W24fT.gif
    will cycle through the colors of the rainbow, like how Demon Torches switch from blue to purple.
  • Sherbet Slimes have their own banner, cuz why not?
    4Wo3bJe.png
You are starting to make me hungry already X3

Back
Top Bottom