Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Confection: The Desserted Land- An Alternate Hallow

What is the Confection's most iconic creature?

• Birdnana

Votes: 59 8.2%
  • Cherry Bomber

Votes: 28 3.9%
  • Cherry Bug

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Chocofrog

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Crazy Cone

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Crunchy Camel

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Dainty Donkey

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Gummy Worm

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • Icecream Gal

Votes: 28 3.9%
  • Iscreamer

Votes: 55 7.7%
  • Krispy Kitty

Votes: 17 2.4%
  • Meowzer

Votes: 56 7.8%
  • Parfait Slime/Sherbet Slime

Votes: 46 6.4%
  • Pip

Votes: 11 1.5%
  • Prickster

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Rollercookie

Votes: 229 32.0%
  • Rootbeer Floater

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Sprinkler/Sprinkling

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Sweety Gummy

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • The Unfirm

Votes: 76 10.6%

• Total voters
Hallow v. Corruption: Good v. Evil, a battle as old as mankind itself.

Covert v. Contagion: Life v. Death, a battle that dates back to the formation of the first cell.

Cyber v. Crimson: Order v. Chaos, a battle between increasing organization and the second law of thermodynamics, a battle that began at the very birth of the universe, and which contains the battle between life and death on Earth as a skirmish in a much larger conflict.

Confection v. (insert planned anti-confection here): A battle as old as... processed, sugary food? Not that ancient of a battle.
I still don't see how the Crimson is the "chaos" biome. That's a word that can be used for any infectious biome. Meat vs Machine feels more accurate. Nothing about that description you have for Crimson vs Cyber makes me think of Crimson or Cyber at all, as at the beginning of the universe, nothing was alive and no machines were made yet.

Maybe not ancient, but the Cyber is a land of robots, and I wouldn't call that ancient either. :dryadtongue:

I still don't see how the Crimson is the "chaos" biome. That's a word that can be used for any infectious biome. Meat vs Machine feels more accurate. Nothing about that description you have for Crimson vs Cyber makes me think of Crimson or Cyber at all, as at the beginning of the universe, nothing was alive and no machines were made yet.

Maybe not ancient, but the Cyber is a land of robots, and I wouldn't call that ancient either. :dryadtongue:
Well, the cyber cores in Zoomo's suggestion are called Order cores, and crimson ones are Chaos cores...

Also, the crimson is unrestrained biological growth. Chaos if I've ever seen it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1418052271][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, Chaos v. Order is, in fact, an ancient battle. Second law of Thermodynamics held even back then.

Well, the cyber cores in Zoomo's suggestion are called Order cores, and crimson ones are Chaos cores...

Also, the crimson is unrestrained biological growth. Chaos if I've ever seen it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1418052271][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, Chaos v. Order is, in fact, an ancient battle. Second law of Thermodynamics held even back then.
Yeah, and they just as well could have been called Pearl Cores or something, but that doesn't make it the Pearl biome. Coming up with one item for the Crimson doesn't suddenly change the biome's theme to that item. I could give the Crimson Fried Chicken Wings in place of Demon Wings, but this doesn't make it the Flavorful/Tasty biome, it would simply be an odd out-of-place item.

Again, "chaos" is a word that could be used for any infectious biome, as they're biomes that spread and convert nature to become part of themselves. The Crimson is as chaotic as the Corruption is as the Hallow is as the Contagion is as.. etc. It doesn't stand out from the others AS the "chaos" biome. It stands out from the others by being a biome made of meat and blood, as no other biome is made of meat and blood and all biomes can be called chaotic.

If the Cyber is an "order" biome for wanting to keep everything not mechanical out, then so is the Confection for wanting to keep everything not sweet out. Just like Crimson with the word "chaos," the word "order" isn't the first thing I think of for the Cyber. Robots, mechanical, futuristic, machines, etc, those are words that set the Cyber apart from the others. The Cyber is just as about "order" as the Confection, Hallow, and Covert. The Cyber wants to remain a land of robots, the Confection wants to remain a land of cookies and cream, the Hallow wants to remain a fantasy-esque land with its unicorns and pixies, and the Covert wants to remain a twilit zone with an autumn theme. You could call any of these "order." But only one of these can be called "mechanical."

I have nothing against Zoomo's Cyber, I just don't think his Chaos vs Order theme makes any sense. They're not words that set them apart from the other infectious biomes.

EDIT: And machines aren't ancient. Robots are relatively a new thing compared to icecream being invented around 3000 B.C. I'd call icecream more ancient than robots.

Last edited:
Originally they were unwrapped, but they looked too much like poo so I added the wrapper :dryadtongue:
lol, I had a feeling that would be the case, which was why I suggested a gumdrop: Similar size, shape, and possibly color... but doesn't look like poo. Just removing the flag works too, though (Edit: or the bananas, too, I suppose).

Popsicle is a brand name, though? Then what would be the proper generic word for them?
I know, right?

Popsicle is in the same boat as other brand names that become so popular/ubiquitous that people start using their name to refer to all products in a category, regardless of brand. So all facial tissues become kleenex, all cyanoacrylate glue becomes superglue, and all ice pops (or ice lollies, in the U.K., though I can't abide calling anything a lolly - at least lengthen it to lollipop, people) become popsicles.

Companies hate it, too, because it means they can put out all the commercials they want to tell people they should "Buy Kleenex tissues!" and people will just nod and say, "I do! Sometimes I buy Scott brand kleenex, and sometimes I get Willow brand kleenex, and..."

The Confection: The only biome with an enemy that gets soggy in milk.

Last edited:
More stuff update!

• Rollercookies now have a chance to drop pieces of the Cookie Outfit:
    3XARFTh.png
    kbCa2RO.png
    ptfKpQS.png
    iiJgLwu.png
  • Magical Kazoo now summons a golden Birdnana to provide light:
    6Xmw5Cc.gif
  • Chocolate Kiss graphic replaced with banana halves as to avoid copyright issues.
  • Support banner has been shrunk to 1x1 to save room in signatures.
  • Rock Candy renamed to Sweet Shards to make them less Candy Land themed.
  • Fixed some typos and missing names below image graphics.
I'm not making the banner any smaller than it is right now! I want everyone to see how much I support this!:D
It's OK for you to criticize my suggestions, I'm bot offended at all by it!:happy:

Last edited:
Hallow v. Corruption: Good v. Evil, a battle as old as mankind itself.

Covert v. Contagion: Life v. Death, a battle that dates back to the formation of the first cell.

Cyber v. Crimson: Order v. Chaos, a battle between increasing organization and the second law of thermodynamics, a battle that began at the very birth of the universe, and which contains the battle between life and death on Earth as a skirmish in a much larger conflict.

Confection v. (insert planned anti-confection here): A battle as old as... processed, sugary food? Not that ancient of a battle.
You know the saying. Something borrowed...

Your art is a masterpiece in action. Seriously, I need that kind of skill.
Wow, thanks! I wouldn't call my work masterpieces, maybe at most "decent"? :dryadtongue:

i have a boss idea for this biome it would be the cake boss Buddi
Would it be 99% made out of rice krispies, like Buddy's "cakes"? :p Love the pun!

just something that slightly bothers me.
the Drixer's drill tilts upwards.
Yeah well..

Drax.png

8rdEGji.png

So does the Drax :dryadtongue:

Drills remind me of melting ice cream. Is that where you got the design from? Also, if it's chocolate ice cream, I only eat vanilla.

I think you just blew my mind.. :eek:

I intended it to be a brown cone with a vanilla scoop on the left, but it ALSO looks like one of those lighter flat bottomed cones with soft-serve chocolate on the right... HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS!?

Err.. okay, it's intended to be vanilla icecream, as seen with the mob Crazy Cone. :dryadhappy:

Back
Top Bottom