Most Annoying Enemy

What do you think is the most annoying enemy?

• Wyvern

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Derpling

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Herpling

• Corrupter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire Imp

• Dark Caster

• Green Slime

• Turtle

• Cave Bat

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Corite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, most end game wings dont have souls of flight (for example i farm duke fishron until i get fishron wings then use them until i get solar/stardust)
yea i collect about 80 but thats all i need at the end i just sell them

Twins isnt that bad honestly. NEVER do it first. I always do destroyer first so i can get the megashark and that shreds the other 2

Twins isnt that bad honestly. NEVER do it first. I always do destroyer first so i can get the megashark and that shreds the other 2
i just get the shotgun then get some explosive bullets and kill some hallowed mimics to get a Daedalus stormbow

Daedalus is great for destroyer and perfect for doing all 3 in one night (i did this in my first mobile 1.3 playthrough)

honestly my ranger playthrough was the first ever time i used the daedalus stormbow and ever used holy arrows

they are op just don't use the with the magic quiver series, it only makes the stormbow shoot one arrow at a time

No, that’s already been proven false. Some arrows ex. Holy and Explosive make stormbow fire 2-3 arrows per burst instead of 3-4, and the increased speed made by Magic Quiver makes it look like less.

Why isn’t Chaos Elemental, Diabolist or Giant Fungi a choice? None of these pesky pre-hard mobs compare.

It can be for any reason, such as they’re too rare, do too much damage, look ugly, etc. My least favourite are Moss Hornets. They deal lots of damage, shoot lots of stingers, can snipe you from very far away, can shoot when stunlocked, and seem to spawn all the time in the Underground Jungle.

Regular Hornets aren't much better. They move more erratically than Moss Hornets, making them impossible to hit with dinky pre-hardmode weapons. Them and their big brother are why I hate building Queen Bee/Plantera arenas.

Red Devils are super annoying. For some reason their tridents do more damage than the Phantasmal Deathray, which is ludicrous for early hardmode.

Trapper-like enemies aren't that threatening, but they always seem to be in a wall so you can never hit them. Similar thing with worms.

And god, do I hate hardmode casters. They teleport behind you nothing personnel and shoot before you can even react. They deal high damage and inflict nasty debuffs. To top it all off, it's so hard to dodge even if you anticipate them, since their projectiles at least cover large areas, home or go through walls. Personally, Ragged Casters are my least favourite. They're the worst.

I believe this has come up before, but the one enemy that I like the absolute least are Lava Slimes. There are plenty of enemies with unfair attacks like Necromancers or are just plain too strong like Nebula Floaters, but none of them actively grief your :red:, which Lava Slimes do.

I usually end up making my cave town in Hell as a replacement for the hellevator and to not worry about it getting eaten by biome spread, but I have to seal the houses in with hoik doors and fill it with background walls so lava slimes don’t come marching in and tearing out the furniture. I have to tear holes in my Wall of Flesh bridge so that the lava will drain (i’m not using platforms - then the bottom eye can shoot you). I have to micromanage where I kill them so I don’t wall myself into a hellhouse with a pool of lava. There is no other single enemy that requires you to work around their existence so much, and it’s because someone thought it was a good idea to make them spawn a flowing liquid on death.

And even then they can still mess you up. The lava can rip up Wall of Flesh campfires, get rid of pots, and once a Voodoo Demon conveniently died right over a freshly killed Lava Slime.

Point being, I hate them so much and it’s a stupid idea to make an enemy that can grief you.

Voodoo demon. I don’t even know how many times I’ve accidentally summoned the WoF because of those pains.

I believe this has come up before, but the one enemy that I like the absolute least are Lava Slimes. There are plenty of enemies with unfair attacks like Necromancers or are just plain too strong like Nebula Floaters, but none of them actively grief your :red:, which Lava Slimes do.

I usually end up making my cave town in Hell as a replacement for the hellevator and to not worry about it getting eaten by biome spread, but I have to seal the houses in with hoik doors and fill it with background walls so lava slimes don’t come marching in and tearing out the furniture. I have to tear holes in my Wall of Flesh bridge so that the lava will drain (i’m not using platforms - then the bottom eye can shoot you). I have to micromanage where I kill them so I don’t wall myself into a hellhouse with a pool of lava. There is no other single enemy that requires you to work around their existence so much, and it’s because someone thought it was a good idea to make them spawn a flowing liquid on death.

And even then they can still mess you up. The lava can rip up Wall of Flesh campfires, get rid of pots, and once a Voodoo Demon conveniently died right over a freshly killed Lava Slime.

Point being, I hate them so much and it’s a stupid idea to make an enemy that can grief you.
This!
And similar things!
Although, I wouldn't say lava slimes right away, if you're not a summoner, you can usually just ignore them. if you're a summoner though, your minions will cause you a bunch of problems killing lava slimes, and ruining stuff...

But some other enemies that affect blocks and stuff are similarly the worst, (IMO)

3.) snow balla. that one litters the place with snow blocks everywhere, even where you can't reach. (like random underground holes you didn't even know they existed there). they often trap themselves too, and just place a bunch of snow everywhere. it's a bigger pain to clean up after them, than the whole frost legion being any difficult.
luckily, they're limited only to frost legion event.

2.) goblin peon. they dismantle doors, ruining your housings with them, so NPCs get confused and move away, and you have to put back all the doors, and housing flags after you turned the goblin army into minced meat.
you can prevent it with having all doors open, but then the whole army marches through your houses. or if you fight the army farther from the town, but if you go back to the town (or die and respawn there) they'll quickly dismantle your doors everywhere where they can reach.

1.) meteor head. although they don't ruin builds, (meteor crash-sited may do though, or just ruin the terrain in general) they're probably one of my most hated enemy. they don't drop anything in hardmode, but they don't really drop much pre-hardmode either (meteor, yeah, but the whole biome is full of that). they can be killed with a single hit with almost any weapons, but they hurt a lot if hit you, and they go through everything.
they often appear in large swarms, perticularly in the jungle, evil biomes, etc. (or so it seems). where spawn rate is increased. you might have like 6-8 of them on the screen the same time. and new ones spawn even before you could kill them all.
they replace everything else that can spawn in the area (except harpies and wyverns), even including event enemies, and they ignore things like towns too.
and if you want to get rid of the biome, sometimes you end up having to kill 700-800 of them by the time you mine out the entire charash site, if it landed in the jungle or something.

you can place X amount of meteor ore blocks somewhere or leave a crash-site or two unmined (if they're not in an annoying place, but they're often in the most annoying places) so no more meteors will fall, but generally meteor heads are just an annoyance. it's not a very happy thing, when the game tells "you killed the 1200th meteor head!" and you're actually just trying to mine out the 2nd crash site because it's right next to a town or something...

Back
Top Bottom