Which class do you prefer?

• Mage, magic

• Warrior, Melee

• Archer, ammunition

• Anything on hand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Headless R3aper

Terrarian
I would like to see what everybody has chosen to use in combat, they are all respectible and powerful.
I am a Mage with Magnetic Ball, Golden Shower, Nimbus rod, & my favorite Rainbow Gun.
But I do have my fair share of weapons from each class.
Any classes that fit you perfectly, or have you found a good combination of weapons to be the strongest in the Battelfied?
Please do share

I either use the Summoner Class(Optic Staff, Ravens, etc.) or sometimes i decide to use the melee class and toy around with my Death SIckle, Scrouge of the Corruptor, Flairon, etc.

I've been two Mage characters and a Melee...

I like either or, but I lean towards the creativity of the magic weapons. :0

Anything that can do damage
Especially on mobile,where you can use anything that has animation
(Note:it will always do 1 damage)

both of my main characters i use have both magic and melee weapons but in console im a bit of a summoner as i use a SOTFH kind of alot and i used to use pygmys

I use a Ranger (prefer that name rather than archer) Snowman Cannon (with rocket III, deathly combination)
A Tsunami with venom, ichor or chloropyte arrows, and when hungry for destruction my Chain gun (not usually on my inventory) with chloropyte bullets.

When facing lower enemies I prefer to use the stake Launcher for its cheap ammo and fast stakes, the high damage assure one hit KO.

inb4 terraria's classes aren't really classes

I played mage in both 1.1 and 1.2, but I also have endgame ranger/melee gear for my 1.2 character that I occasionally switch to so I can have fun beating things up in a different way. I've got an alternate melee character, but he's still in pre-EoC and I hardly ever play him.

EDIT: Also, OP, where's the love for summoners? If anything, they're the class that offers the most different playstyle.

Last edited:
inb4 terraria's classes aren't really classes

Thank you, now I don't need to say it.

I used to play only with spears, but after a while I realized how counter-productive and limiting "classes" are. Nowadays I use debuff-causing magic (Golden Shower) and either the North Pole for close/mid range combat, or the Megashark with Chlorophyte bullets for Fire-and-Forget tactics.

There's no class like no class.

First time I was melee. Then my second character was magic and then my rhird was ranged. Now I have a atleast 2 characters for each class. (Different builds :p)

Coolest thing about Terraria is that you can do whatever you want.
Sure, you can limit yourself to melee/magic/ranged/summon damage, but that is your own choice.
I use everything I can, to keep me alive.

Ranged weapons are what holds the most use throughout the whole game, not just end-game which gets way too much attention. A class isn't over-powered if it can only do stuff better than the other damage types at the end of the game.

I utilise all four damage types to my advantage. This includes support weapons such as the Rainbow Gun and Nimbus/Crimson Rod, a primary melee weapon to deal with close-quarters and a Ranged DPS weapon. Oh yeah, and the Frost Hydra and Twins familiar too.

Early-game, I tend to just melee it out and use any magic weapons I can find. Mid-game I start to use my ranged weapons more and use less of the magic weapons. Endgame, full out guns of mega sharks or repeaters.

To be clear when you use a class you are not restraining yourself to only one kind of damage, but you specialize in it. Use items that boost that damage, they to get the best weapons (of that type of damage), etc

I can use nimbus rod, frozen hydra, a familiar, a death sickle and vampire knives with my Ranger set when needing those specific items, because they are useful, but my damage is primarily ranged as I can do far more damage with those (and the cloaking effect of the shooromite armor is cool)

I like to use Magic since I believe that to have the most interesting / fun weapons of the 3 "classes."

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-25-09-19-37.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-25-09-19-37.png
    273.7 KB · Views: 3,311
Back
Top Bottom