Official Looking for Testers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was joking

To be honest, and not to scold you for this.

It is highly recommended you take this thread, serious. This actually involves the NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) which in turn can backfire on you if you violated something in the most terrible ways. You should read up on what the NDA has to offer and what you should expect. As this is half of what needs to be taken serious, the other aspect is helping the developers with finding problems while testing 1.3 and future updates (assuming those selected are being tested to see if they can become permanent testers) based on how they perform.

Finally, being elaborate, detailed, and explaining how to reproduce those bugs is also important. I do know that videos are a no-no, but screenshots can be done by emailing them privately with them (though I could be wrong). Fact is, you are basically a minion, and the foothold of Terraria to make sure it comes out satisfactory on launch date. They entrust you to take some of the weight off of their shoulders so they can focus on adding more stuff while you take the time to search for the hiccups and black holes the game can cause before someone literally divides by 0.:red2:

For more information, please click here.

Last edited:

It is highly recommended you take this thread, serious. This actually involves the NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) which in turn can backfire on you if you violated something in the most terrible ways. You should read up on what the NDA has to offer and what you should expect. As this is half of what needs to be taken serious, the other aspect is helping the developers with finding problems while testing 1.3 and future updates (assuming those selected are being tested to see if they can become permanent testers) based on how they perform.

Finally, being elaborate, detailed, and explaining how to reproduce those bugs is also important. I do know that videos are a no-no, but screenshots can be done by emailing them privately with them (though I could be wrong). Fact is, you are basically a minion, and the foothold of Terraria to make sure it comes out satisfactory on launch date. They entrust you to take some of the weight off of their shoulders so they can focus on adding more stuff while you take the time to search for the hiccups and black holes the game can cause before someone literally divides by 0.:red2:
Well said

K

Good day Terrarians!

As the title suggests we are currently looking for people interested in testing 1.3 on PC/windows, Mac, Linux, and Red's new special project( Recommended for advanced players). If you are interested in testing please have extensive knowledge of the game and mechanics, a working computer, and time to spend playing Terraria!

For more information you can contact me here via conversation or email me at [email protected]

Thanks! :dryadhappy:
Argh! I would love to do this, but it would be incompatible with the mod that really allows me to enjoy the game. I have a hard time playing games that don't have gamepad support. It's a disability thing. :(

^This. Guys, this isn't a light undertaking. If you don't take this seriously, to quote some people, "your :red: might get sue[d] to the ground". Taking this seriously will increase your chances of being accepted and make life a lot easier for all parties. To be allowed to beta test a game is not a light privilege - it's a developer's piece of art and they are handing it to you to make sure it's flawless. Just remember that, guys.

i would like to test it but i have school and family things going on. Could someone that has or is going to test it tell me about it when there done?

I would like to help test 1.3, i play usually 3-6 hours a day depending on if theres new stuff to use and (hence 1.3) i would be playing it till my eyes go multicolored. I know very much about terraria and can often figure things out for myself on it other then by wiki giving me the upper-hand to testing items. My computer is bad but not bad enough to the point where my terraria lags so this is not an issues. My email is [email protected]

I would like to help test 1.3, i play usually 3-6 hours a day depending on if theres new stuff to use and (hence 1.3) i would be playing it till my eyes go multicolored. I know very much about terraria and can often figure things out for myself on it other then by wiki giving me the upper-hand to testing items. My computer is bad but not bad enough to the point where my terraria lags so this is not an issues. My email is [email protected]
Apply via conversation or email.

Seriously, does NOBODY read the OP?

You may not be a canidate, but it won't hurt to try an application. You need to email or start a conversation with Cenx with detailed information about yourself, the reasons of applying, and if possible details about the computers you own.

Dang, this is the time I wish I was advanced at the game. I know quite a bit about the game(especially pre-hardmode), I would really enjoy testing and I would be able to provide info on any bugs that I find. If I am not chosen I would be sad but I would understand it.
Thanks,
-a1b2c4!:redmunch:

I started a conversation with Cenx, I think I should get it because I spend lots of time on, I am getting bored of 1.2, and I would hide info except from Cenx and other devs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom