OOC Bossfight!

When the laugh react is menacing:
1000037795.jpg

The idea I have in mind may require everyone to know a bit on what's coming, so...

Maskie's character gets revamped (since I evolved as a character maker) and it involves a near death experience that scars him physically and mentally.

The idea I have in mind may require everyone to know a bit on what's coming, so...

Maskie's character gets revamped (since I evolved as a character maker) and it involves a near death experience that scars him physically and mentally.
Considering what's currently happening in the RP, that will probably be very easy to do.

Astraletos could just uh...

well, how does getting impaled sound for a near death experience?

Name: KINGPIN/TERRORTURN/LAWNCRUSHER/JOYEATER/ROSHAMBOT/OCTOLENS
Title (optional): Self proclaimed Machine Overlord
Number of Phases (max of 3): 2-5*/1/1/1/2/1

Phase 1
Appearance: A giant mechanical wheel, with a small rotatable weapons platform in the center.
Weapons: It's platform has several basic energy rifles, and its wheel can eject various substances to gain elemental properties.
Abilities: Can stow the weapons to be used as a "seat" for other robots, via magnetically holding them on (non robots can try, but good luck), granting a +1 to anyone riding, friend or foe.
Strengths: Is unparalleled at movement (+2 to dodges while not mounted), and can briefly drive upwards up to a maximum of 15 feet thanks to built in rockets.
Weaknesses: Poor aiming while moving (-1 to attacks while mobile), and while mounted is noticeably slower. (-1 to dodges while mounted). If destroyed while mounted, the rider suffers an undodgeable attack.
Weakpoint(s): The connectors holding the platform to the wheel are noticeably weaker than the rest of the Machine. Destroying them disables the platform, along with removing its ability to coat itself in poisonous material.
Phase 1
Appearance: A large, hulking automation, carrying a giant club made of steel. (Literally just a robot Gargantuar)
Weapons: CLUB
Abilities: CLUB
Strengths: CLUB GOOD (+3 to CLUB)
Weaknesses: ONLY GRANTED OPTIMAL PROCESSING POWER TO CLUB (-5 to anything NOT CLUB)
Weakpoint(s): CLUB IS NOT INSURED. (Destroy it, and he quickly becomes useless until finds NEW CLUB)
Phase 1
Appearance: A mechanical puppet, lifeless until provoked.
Weapons: Built-in speakers, and a small capsule within its abdomen.
Abilities: Deals severe psychological and emotional damage through the speakers constantly whispering subliminal messages.
Strengths: The speakers gradually cause the target to lose the will to fight. (Every 10 posts fighting it inflicts a stacking -1 to all rolls, when not fighting it, takes 5 posts for each stack to disappear.)
As it successfully makes its victims more depressed and unstable, the capsule fills to store the lost happiness (Requires 5 stacks to have been applied). When full, can expend it to fire a concentrated laser, which is always given a +10 if the the target has more than 5 stacks on them.
Incredibly lithe, and prone to dodging by seeming chance. (Can expend 1 built stack to reroll with a +1)
Weaknesses: Incapable of attacking beyond the laser.
Weakpoint(s): The speakers are placed in its shoulders and hands. Destroying them adds a +2 to time needed to build a stack, until all 4 are destroyed. The capsule noticeably glows yellow at nearing max stacks built.
Phase 1
Appearance: A diminutive robot, with a comically large hand.
Abilities: Will challenge a foe to Rock, Paper, Scissors.
Strengths: Completely invincible. If it wins a game, it fires an unavoidable attack.
Weaknesses: If it loses, deals unavoidable damage to itself. Instantly dies upon the 3rd loss to an individual, regardless of current state.
Weakpoint(s): It's own gimmick

Phase 2
[Only occurs if KINGPIN dies while ROSHAMBOT is alive]

Appearance: Just the hand, now crackling with overloading energy.
Strengths: On Phase 2 activation, it challenges one person to Rock-Paper-Scissors. If they lose, it fires a area attack with a +5. This process repeats until it loses.
Weaknesses: If it loses, it will immediately fire at itself, and die.
Phase 1

Appearance: An actually human looking robot... with a spider head and several arms emerging from their back like that one MGR Boss

Weapons: 2 swords, 2 axes, 2 spears

Abilities: Very straightforward

Strengths: Is the only one here actually competent. It's several eyes allow it to pinpoint optimal weakpoints (gains +2 after 5 posts fighting someone, resets if fighting a new person)

Weaknesses: Lacks any amount of ranged attacks. Being the only one here actually competent has taken its toll.

Weakpoint(s): The arms on its back were made of a lower quality to save costs. The joints are especially vulnerable.
Phase 1

Appearance: A regal looking robot, made of solid gold (he's just painted gold). Had his crown and cape physically attached to him, so they'd never come off.

Weapons: None.

Abilities: Thanks to the power of the Shard, has gained several very helpful support abilities. Requires Influence to use (Generates 5 every turn, goes down by 1 per robot killed.)
Royal Decree: KINGPIN makes a very loud accusation towards someone. If every robot is able to attack them, they all get +2 to said attacks. Does nothing if not every alive machine attacks the target. Costs 5 Influence.

Will of the King: KINGPIN fires a concentrated beam of Shard power at one of his machines. With the exception of ROSHAMBOT, removes all Weaknesses, and gives KINGPIN a -3 to dodges while active. On deactivation, the target suffers minor overheating damage, and gets a -1 to the next dodge. Costs 10 Influence to activate, 3 to maintain, and disables Influence generation while active.

Pressure of Nobility: KINGPIN stares very judgementally at someone as they attempt to attack. This sudden increase in attention causes a -1 to said attack. Costs 3 Influence.

DUNGEONS!: KINGPIN forcibly throws someone into the dungeons, making their next attack fail. Costs 15 Influence, only active the turn a machine falls.

Royal Apothecaries: KINGPIN sends one of his machines off to the medical chambers, removing them from the fight for the duration. Each turn, a D20 is rolled to determine effectiveness. This automatically ends if KINGPIN dies. Costs 10 to activate, 1 to maintain, and disables Influence generation while active.

GUARDS!: KINGPIN blows into a horn, summoning what looks like his own version of the Chaos and Order Guardians, albeit far smaller and weaker. Costs 50 Influence, and disappears if KINGPIN dies.

Strengths: An actually insane support unit, if given time.

Weaknesses: Has zero means of offense. Only as strong as his Influence.

Weakpoint(s): literally everywhere, he just hides behind his henchmen.

Theme (applies to all):

Text color: FBA026.

Phase 2-5
What does that mean: Every time a machine dies while KINGPIN is still alive, he can expend all current Influence to forcibly attach their parts to him, granting KINGPIN lesser versions of their abilities, which cost 12 Influence to use. Nothing else changes, but it's an important enough distinction that it needed to be noted.

On defeat: Upon KINGPIN's death, all current Influence effects end. Any remaining machines will express sadness, and immediately stop fighting to host a funeral service, before leaving.

If ROSHAMBOT is alive, however, it immediately seizes the Shard in an attempt to avenge their king. (Read ROSHAMBOT's Phase 2 for details.

Extra: Oddly, the Shard hasn't actually influenced KINGPIN that much in terms of personality. He's just kinda like that.
Rather than take place in Godsrealm, KINGPIN and his cronies would be fought within an old, dilapidated castle, currently undergoing remodeling. Oddly, however, looking out the windows is nothing but a white void, along with the door...

Last edited:
Phase 1
Appearance: A diminutive robot, with a comically large hand.
Abilities: Will challenge a foe to Rock, Paper, Scissors.
Strengths: Completely invincible. If it wins a game, it fires an unavoidable attack.
Weaknesses: If it loses, deals unavoidable damage to itself. Instantly dies upon the 3rd loss to an individual, regardless of current state.
Weakpoint(s): It's own gimmick

Phase 2
[Only occurs if KINGPIN dies while ROSHAMBOT is alive]

Appearance: Just the hand, now crackling with overloading energy.
Strengths: On Phase 2 activation, it challenges one person to Rock-Paper-Scissors. If they lose, it fires a area attack with a +5. This process repeats until it loses.
Weaknesses: If it loses, it will immediately fire at itself, and die.
Considering my past experiences with boss battles that use the same gimmick (don't ask why I've encountered multiple) this one scares me the most.
Theme (applies to all):
Unsurprisingly this theme lives in my head rent-free, whether or not that is a good thing is up to you.

APPROVED

APPROVED

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND APPROVED

There's a few things in terms of buffs that I'm kinda iffy on, but the best way to work those out is to see how they fare in combat!

Several things before i approve this.

What sort of an arsenal does "spells" entail?

And a terra-blade is hardly going to be on par with how it works in terraria here.. it'll be little more than a projectile sword, just letting you know now.

ACCEPTED
spells means several curses, enchantments, and other magical activities. and as for the Terra blade, it's just a normal sword, namely a one handed claymore.
yes I do understand how strong that would canonically make him, seeing as claymores weigh upwards of five pounds, and are normally two handed blades.

spells means several curses, enchantments, and other magical activities.
...That's not very specific in terms of spells.

and as for the Terra blade, it's just a normal sword, namely a one handed claymore.
yes I do understand how strong that would canonically make him, seeing as claymores weigh upwards of five pounds, and are normally two handed blades.
Well, as long as you're well aware it's not gonna be as strong as you'd expect to see it in Terraria. Being strong enough to wield a normal claymore with one hand isn't that wild. Even the projectile shooting isn't bad as long as it isn't way more powerful than a hit from the claymore, I'd expect.

for context on the spells, I mean things like a simple binding spell with vines, fireballs, and simple magical shots.
but if you wanna get into it, he also has a buff spell that adds a +5 in combat, a simple healing spell that adds a +2 to health, and the ability to summon vampire knives.
nothing too broken, its not like he can just commit perish song from Pokemon or something like that, just simple combat spells and vampire knives.

Back
Top Bottom