tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make a new projectile like weapon called the moisturizer. It would function exactly like the clemtaminator but it would turn dirt into mud and would use Moist solution. How would I be able to do this?

There's a projectile in our mod that does that, you can look at the source code if you want. If you look in Projectiles/Biome you can find it. Best not to write it all here :p

uh, tAPI builder wont load, i will give you what it says:

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\Temp\WER66BF.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7E75.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7EA5.tmp.mdmp

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

in the "details" tab, anything help?

TAPI.Mods+LoadException: X & T ~ Mod.tapi: System.InvalidOperationException: An unexpected error has occurred.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream, Int32 width, Int32 height, XnaImageOperation operation)
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mod.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

Help me with it QQ

I wanted make a mod for Tapi and i have bug

TAPI.Mods+LoadException: X & T ~ Mod.tapi: System.InvalidOperationException: An unexpected error has occurred.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream, Int32 width, Int32 height, XnaImageOperation operation)
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mod.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

I just maked wings and that's all i watched whole tutorial and something went wrong
Could you help me?

How i can make a pickaxe?
3c9cc26b911bc56c9da79a247573e9aa.png

OK, there's two bugs that I've come across since the r15 update. I'll report them on the bugtracker shortly, but I wanted to put them here first.

1) The PreShoot hook no longer works on items that already shoot projectiles via the .json file. Now, I could probably disable the .json's "shoot" line, but then "useStyle": 5 no longer works. I also tested this with CanUse and UseItem with the same result.

EDIT: after further testing I found that bug #2 had nothing to do with the use style or shoot property at all, but happened because I had an underscore in my class name. Be sure to remove any underscores from class names from now on.
2) This one's harder to explain. I had a minion that wasn't falling through wooden platforms when I wanted it to. In r14, I was using the following code to achieve this.

Code:
projectile.velocity = Collision.TileCollision(projectile.position, projectile.velocity, projectile.width, projectile.height, (delta.Y < -36), (delta.Y < -36));
Vector4 vect4 = Collision.SlopeCollision(projectile.position, projectile.velocity, projectile.width, projectile.height, 0.35f, (delta.Y < -36));
projectile.position.X = vect4.X;
projectile.position.Y = vect4.Y;
projectile.velocity.X = vect4.Z;
projectile.velocity.Y = vect4.W;

This made my minion fall through both flat and sloped wooden platforms. In r15, my minion still falls through flat platforms, but not sloped ones. I traced my minions Y velocity to find that it's Y velocity was 0.35 over sloped platforms and 0 on flat ones. So, it seemed to still be working partailly, at least. I then disabled all of the above code and to my surprise, found that my minions behaviour remained unchanged. I had a good look through my code to confirm that there was nothing else that would cause this. So, has something been added that causes minions to fall through wooden platforms on their own? If so, great work. Now, could you do the same with sloped platforms?

I've also noticed that if I jump straight into a world with frameskip disabled, my game is locked to 30fps and runs at half of it's normal speed. Enabling frameskip brings the game to normal speed, but it still runs at 30fps and anything inside a PreDraw hook (and probably others too) runs at half speed. Alt-Tabbing out of tAPI and going back in fixes this, for some reason. Has anyone else noticed this? This doesn't happen in vanilla Terraria. I'm not reporting this as a bug because it could just be a thing with my PC.

Last edited:
(I've found a duplication glitch
1. Create a dedicated server
2. Go to nearest chest
3. Put an item into chest.
4. Left click the item in chest
5. Close the chest, and then open it again
6. It will be still there, and just take the item out of Trash can and there you have it.)
Works with everything

Please fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom