Sprites The Whimsy (Alternate Hallow)

Dude your like obsessed with making biome suggestions lol

OT, this was pretty cool to read, but I only support this because of the Fairy Dragons and the Crocodeele

I want that furniture
I want that bell
I want the whole thing
God:red:, you did well.
Please excuse my horrible rhyming skills

Supports to you.
index.php

This is amazingly well done!
Everything fits exceptionally well. The theme feels well thought out, and it comes across as whimsical without a second doubt.
The only question I have is this;
When you say the Haze Hard behaves like a clemintator, does it cover the entire length of the screen, or does it have a shorter range? (I'm assuming it goes through walls as well.)

Killing bunnies is cruel. Period.

But nope, I don't support this, I don't think we need an alternate hallow
Well we didn't need a great many things in this game, things like this are technically unnecessary but it adds so much beauty and depth to the game. Think of all of the vanity sets, all unnecessary yet they still make this game better.

In essence don't let something being unnecessary stop you from supporting something.

Edit: also the crimson was entirely unnecessary yet it adds so much to the game.

Last edited:
Great...

But no rod of discord or alt? (That tail is not an equal alt).
I love that thing. Its so useful.

But nope, I don't support this, I don't think we need an alternate hallow
Well we actually don't need anything in any of the suggestion forums, because the game plays fine regardless of what any suggestion proposes. That's why they are suggestions. The only thing that is needed from the game is that the game be playable by the standards of the community and the development team.
Great...

But no rod of discord or alt? (That tail is not an equal alt).
I love that thing. Its so useful.
I don't like equal alts. I try to keep things in line thematically or try to keep them "familiar" unless it doesn't make sense to do so. My alts are only 1:1 mirrors in content (mostly). But I try to change up the game-play a little bit. I mean, if everything were 1:1 in an alt, except some sprites -- I would end up calling it a reskin as opposed to an alternate.

Side note; didn't think the Rod of Discord would be the first contended item removal -- I personally had Fairy Bell pegged.

This is amazingly well done!
Everything fits exceptionally well. The theme feels well thought out, and it comes across as whimsical without a second doubt.
The only question I have is this;
When you say the Haze Hard behaves like a clemintator, does it cover the entire length of the screen, or does it have a shorter range? (I'm assuming it goes through walls as well.)
Oh, it would most certainly have a shorter range -- I'll go ahead and update the info to reflect as such. Small oversight on my part -- I was pretty tired getting everything written out. Thanks!
Dude your like obsessed with making biome suggestions lol

OT, this was pretty cool to read, but I only support this because of the Fairy Dragons and the Crocodeele
I like to think that biome suggestions are the best medium in which to convey meaningful change to a player's experience.

Also:

So many Alice in Wonderland references... how many times have you read that book/watched the movies?
Great suggestion, full of content, as usual.
One thing: does the RoD alt trigger every time you are hit? Because if it does, then you'd die pretty quickly from Chaos State. You might want to put an internal CD on it to stop it from happening. I would say replace the Chaos State, but then you could use it in conjunction with the RoD if you shipped it in from a Hallow world.
I cant wait for more of your little grey boxes to become blue, your suggestions are always a pleasure to read.

So many Alice in Wonderland references... how many times have you read that book/watched the movies?
Great suggestion, full of content, as usual.
I have seen the movies a couple of times, but I haven't read the book or poems.

One thing: does the RoD alt trigger every time you are hit? Because if it does, then you'd die pretty quickly from Chaos State. You might want to put an internal CD on it to stop it from happening. I would say replace the Chaos State, but then you could use it in conjunction with the RoD if you shipped it in from a Hallow world.
I cant wait for more of your little grey boxes to become blue, your suggestions are always a pleasure to read.
The Chaos Tail DOES activate every time you're hit. It is intended to be an item for very skilled players who want a bit more of a challenge in their play-throughs.

Cute ideas here, but I feel this is too similar to the Hallow, and would work better as a "More content for the Hallow" idea, as it is lacking in some. Frog princes and dragon fairies belong with unicorns and pixies, I think. It also uses a lot of the Hallow's colors, which are pink, purple, and cyan.

I like the idea, but I don't think it's different enough.

I have to agree with a couple others. There are parts I'm absolutely loving. Tons of Final Fantasy (I need a pet Vorpal Bunny in my life), hints of Lewis Carroll and some subtle folk tale blended together make such a delightful palette of colors and creatures. However, I'm getting a kind of uncanny valley-like feeling that everything looks good, but something is just slightly off. It's almost like an improved Hallow as opposed to a sister biome.

The choices of referential and logical creativity are greatly pleasing as usual. I particularly like the behemoth Slimeshell, a perfect contrast with the floaty Gastropod and the Frog Prince is somehow pompous and adorable. Hyena are a excellent addition to the desert, I want to see them in hardmode and not just part of the biome!

Were you thinking of pursuing a counterpart to Hallow armor?

I'd shower you with gil and moogles if there was a rare spawn gold and white trance rabbit named Caerbannog. :)

Cute ideas here, but I feel this is too similar to the Hallow, and would work better as a "More content for the Hallow" idea, as it is lacking in some. Frog princes and dragon fairies belong with unicorns and pixies, I think. It also uses a lot of the Hallow's colors, which are pink, purple, and cyan.

I like the idea, but I don't think it's different enough.
Well it is a sister-biome. The similarity is supposed to be there. I think where you may be getting hung up is the idea that the whimsy is all sunshine and rainbows -- where you should think of the whimsy as being twilight and adventure. It uses the same colors, sort of (different hues and saturations). For example; the grass glows in a magenta-like hue. It would come off more like the mushroom biome than the hallow in-game. It all certainly would fit as an expanded hallow, but then the Hallow would overshadow many other biomes -- and I'm not about to rebalance my suggestion to compensate for something on that scale.

I will take your sense of Hallow as a compliment for the Whimsy though.

Were you thinking of pursuing a counterpart to Hallow armor?
No. While The Hallow and Hallow equipment share the same name, I don't see it as being connected with the biome -- which was my primary focus. If I did mechanical-boss alts, then I would scrutinize Hallow equipment.

Also -- moogles almost made it into The Whimsy. Almost.

Brilliant.
I slightly hate the Cyber and Confection, but this is amazing.

Last edited:
Brilliant.
I slihtly hate the Cyber and Confection, but this is amazing.
And you don't think that is in the slightest bit rude? Sure, you can prefer the whimsy, but hating the others is taking it to far.

Anyway, I'm liking the concept, but I feel it would do better as a mushroom biome alt/ expansion. Since you hinted it was around twilight & adventuring. And it would give the blocks a better glow as well.

And you don't think that is in the slightest bit rude? Sure, you can prefer the whimsy, but hating the others is taking it to far.

Anyway, I'm liking the concept, but I feel it would do better as a mushroom biome alt/ expansion. Since you hinted it was around twilight & adventuring. And it would give the blocks a better glow as well.
I said slightly. And everyone has their opinion.
-----
Oh and, you know, isn't there supposed to be a new boss?

Back
Top Bottom