Texture Pack Texture a day pack

Sorting threw 8 pages of awesome is tough work. My poor, tired fingers! :confused:

But I'm incredibly glad to see this return, and it's amazing to see how many people are pitching in with sprites and ideas already!

If I ever learn to make sprites, this'll be hopefully one of the first things on my list to come and make some. :p

CbvOFeU.png

Here is the titanium repeater! It could use some more red parts, but I liked how it turned out a lot and didn't want to :red: it up :D

CbvOFeU.png

Here is the titanium repeater! It could use some more red parts, but I liked how it turned out a lot and didn't want to :red: it up :D
Copy it and toy with the copies? It's what I do...

I've made bugger all progress lately...
Decided to ditch the red for cyan.
You may recognize your trident and gladius:

Item_1200.png
Item_1199.png

Sorting threw 8 pages of awesome is tough work. My poor, tired fingers! :confused:
You got here just in time, we are about to reach double digits. Imagine the toil!

But I'm incredibly glad to see this return, and it's amazing to see how many people are pitching in with sprites and ideas already!
It is indeed pretty damn awesome.

If I ever learn to make sprites, this'll be hopefully one of the first things on my list to come and make some. :p
You are quite welcome to try.

Last edited:
Actually I did try it... I like the straight one best.
(I wasnt kidding about using multiple variations, these are just the ones I could save from the trash bin)

View attachment 51743 View attachment 51744
I like those more, especially the left one. You should add some sharper light at the edge of the blade like in the trident though, it doesn't look sharp enough. But yeah, straight gladius seems lame.

qs8P4tR.png

New version of the repeater with updated palette and little thorny-ornate thingies, not sure if you'll like them. If you ask me, they're kinda meh, so here's a version without them:
tLHJCJt.png

EDIT: Titanium ore:
Vury2oS.png

Last edited:
I like those more, especially the left one. You should add some sharper light at the edge of the blade like in the trident though, it doesn't look sharp enough. But yeah, straight gladius seems lame.

qs8P4tR.png

New version of the repeater with updated palette and little thorny-ornate thingies, not sure if you'll like them. If you ask me, they're kinda meh, so here's a version without them:
tLHJCJt.png

EDIT: Titanium ore:
Vury2oS.png
Love the ore. Very distinct.

More edits:
Item_1201.png
Item_1199.png

Got sketches done for woods and some bugs...

Been watching your progress for... what, 3 years now? Damn that's a long time... I don't mind the wait though, your work is amazing.

mrfoxsmile.png
Why thank you, but it is not just my work.

Hnnng! Dem pixels doe, I love the gladius.
Glad you do, because I'm still not 100% on it myself. The longer I look at it, the better it seems, though.

mrfoxfrown.png
Scopes. Did I mention I'm bad at rifle scopes? Especially futuristic ones...

Item_1300.png
Item_1858.png

index.php
Scopes. Did I mention I'm bad at rifle scopes? Especially futuristic ones...

index.php
index.php
The first one looks really good, it's just the underside bit that looks awkward and throws it all off.

Tried my hand at removing/reducing it:
Item_1300.png
Item_1300.png

Second one with a light background:
Item_1300.png

*shrugs* It's a helluva lot better than the original anyways:
Rifle_Scope.png

9E2uijk.png
kcnZECe.png

Titanium Waraxes. I don't know which one I like more...
Elements takes from: HEAD, HANDLE

View attachment 52023 Scopes. Did I mention I'm bad at rifle scopes? Especially futuristic ones...

View attachment 52024 View attachment 52025
Nonsense, those scopes kick :red:.

I have an idea about the cobalt repeater: Chu-Ko-Nu. It's a rapidly-firing crossbow with low velocity (if you've played AOE2, you would know). The only "problem" is that the Chu-Ko-Nu is chinese, whereas the cobalt is japanese-themed. It's still asian though :p The other option is THIS, whose origin I'm not sure about. Still looks japanese though, but I'd say it would fit the orichalcum theme more with its curvyness.
What do you say?

Last edited:
Second one without the underside:
Item_1858.png

This one actually looks pretty badass, looking at it again.

in other news, I took a more tier-oriented approach to the guns order:
Guns.png

There were some stylistic decisions made, so it's only a loose progression, but early-game guns are at the top, and endgame guns are at the bottom.

The first one looks really good, it's just the underside bit that looks awkward and throws it all off.
I thought about not using the mount, but the original has it... for whatever that's worth.

Tried my hand at removing/reducing it:
View attachment 52112 View attachment 52114
Well... this does look decent enough. Thanks for the feedback.
Item_1300.png
Item_1858.png

*shrugs* It's a helluva lot better than the original anyways:
Rifle_Scope.png
That's unfortunately not good enough for me.
If it has your approval, though, it'll do.

9E2uijk.png
kcnZECe.png

Titanium Waraxes. I don't know which one I like more...
Elements takes from: HEAD, HANDLE

mrfoxwtf.png
:red: me, that's beautiful.

mrfoxfrown.png
Welcome to TaDPack! Where I destroy gorgeous textures to make them conform a three year old style and fit an arbitrary set look.

Item_1224.png

Maybe try to work on it?
And don't you dare telling me it looks okay. It is objectively worse than your work.

Two things I would point for next time:
Shading of glossy round objects has certain rules. The darkest shade is not on the edge, because the reflected light usually glances off one of the edge so it goes something like this: ||||||| instead of something like this: |||||||.

Another is to realize thaw spriting cool sprites is not enough. We are working within an established system. The handle cannot be too far from the edge, otherwise the hand in-game it will not even be close to the hand. This makes pomels and handles difficult to do right and good looking at the same time.

Nonsense, those scopes kick :red:.
mrfoxsmile.png
Thank you. Glad I'm not completely useless yet.

I have an idea about the cobalt repeater: Chu-Ko-Nu. It's a rapidly-firing crossbow with low velocity (if you've played AOE2, you would know). The only "problem" is that the Chu-Ko-Nu is chinese, whereas the cobalt is japanese-themed. It's still asian though :p The other option is THIS, whose origin I'm not sure about. Still looks japanese though, but I'd say it would fit the orichalcum theme more with its curvyness.
What do you say?
Yep. Chu-Ko-Nu was pretty much my go to choice for cobalt.

View attachment 52199 :red: me, that's beautiful.

View attachment 52197 Welcome to TaDPack! Where I destroy gorgeous textures to make them conform a three year old style and fit an arbitrary set look.

View attachment 52195

Maybe try to work on it?
And don't you dare telling me it looks okay. It is objectively worse than your work.

Two things I would point for next time:
Shading of glossy round objects has certain rules. The darkest shade is not on the edge, because the reflected light usually glances off one of the edge so it goes something like this: ||||||| instead of something like this: |||||||.

Another is to realize thaw spriting cool sprites is not enough. We are working within an established system. The handle cannot be too far from the edge, otherwise the hand in-game it will not even be close to the hand. This makes pomels and handles difficult to do right and good looking at the same time.
EoY0W9y.png
gr6r8Xl.png

In the second version I reduced the size of that spike and I like it a hell lot better, it was too enormous is comparison with the blade.
Imo, titanium weapons should look shinier and sharper.
Also, about the metal cylinder shading, I know it and I've already done it on the metal part of the handle, as you can see in the first version of the axe.

There wasn't any adamantite stuff done as far as I can tell, so I went ahead and played around with some ideas for the sword, with sci-fi theme as base:
IqDzZFo.png

eowyEe1.png
(Red metal on handles instead of silver, kinda like it)
ZLMiUTM.png

Now that I look at them, they look small in comparison to some other stuff around here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom