PC Good. Bad. I'm the Guy with the YoYo: The Terraria 1.3 Official Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can... If anyone is like me and doesn't actually use that service, due to only having one computer, and an external drive. I have formed a habit of backing things up manually, so if I were to transfer something over I will have on my external. That and internet blackouts come to mind, if not areas in which internet is limited. Thinking ahead to have my own saves at my fingertips, and not worrying whether I will have to have a connection in order to transfer things.:dryadwink:

So I would be one to actually turn that off for most games. there are a few I would have it on for maybe in the future, but I at the moment have no use for that feature. More interested in the simple connect thing mentioned, even if I can do it the normal way easily.:dryadhappy:

You can disable cloud stuff in your Steam Settings, which I've already done.

Oh my god.
CWXWBkB.png

I'm wondering if I should just start a new world-- with a new character-- all over again, just to get the ridiculous experiences that is this update.

I think I'm going to do that.
Well, a new character is certainly your choice, but you should definitely create at least one new world. After all, an old world won't have any of the new items that are only added at world creation, nor will it have any new biomes, mini-biomes, blocks... and if the creation process has been tweaked (and I believe it has) then there are also those new quirks of geography, whether they are subtle or obvious, to enjoy.

It has to exist, or an Underground Desert would not work at all. Sand being able to stay up is just required. Otherwise there wouldn't be able to be caves and such.
My underground desert just called; it says its ceiling and sub-floor are made of dirt and stone. `:p

tpv63aC.png

Aww man, looks like the comment is lost somewhere in video comment history. I would write it over, but it took 10 minutes to make at the time, if not longer, not really worthed. There were only like, 5 arguments I couldn't prove invalid on Minecraft's side though.
I decided to do this anyway
Trigger-warning:
I'll be boring the Minecraft's representative rapper into the ground by disproving most of his arguments. This does not mean that I don't like Minecraft, just that I don't agree with the representative's raps. If you like Minecraft and don't want to see all these arguments be bored into the ground, I suggest you don't read any further.
1. "It's time Microsoft took it up a notch."
From what I've heard and seen from the MC fandom, that's not a thing to be proud of. People didn't seem to like it that much...

2. "Your guns can never blast past the fortress I've got."
I've actually cleared out a whole world of ~4200 by 1000 blocks, underwhich Obsidian, which is your strongest block. I think it's safe to say I can blast through your 3 block thick Stone Brick wall.

3 & 4. "Fightin' Clowns and Eyeballs, and you be braggin'
While I've got enchanted armor slaying the Enderdragon."
- Our 'Eyeballs' are as strong, if not stronger, than your zombies.
- Our 'Clowns' are normal enemies, kinda unfair comparing them to your end boss, ain't it? With that, they're about as much, if not more so, a threat than your Enderdragon.
- We have 'Enchantments' too, although they're called Prefixes, or as some like to call them 'reforges'. You might not be able to get them on your armor, but you can get them on your accessories, which is kinda the same concept, isn't it?

5. "Cryin' so much, you keep your items when you die."
Let me remind you of the fact that you guys have '/gamerule keepInverntory', which is the same principle, except extremer, since you keep everything, while we still loose half our money, which is quite a big part of Terraria. With that, we have Mediumcore Characters, which to loose their item.

6. "I think Terraria's Minecraft's CDI."
I don't know what CDI means in this context, and it's an opinion, there for I won't comment on it. I'll keep this open for potential future updates.

7. "Grab my diamond Pickaxe just to break the tension."
Picksaw is better. So is the Shroomite digging claws. So are 8 other pickaxes in the game, not counting drills.

8. "Oh I'm getting griefed? Ya that sure blows
Atleast MC has a beast online mode."
So does Terraria, but people use it less often because they don't need Multiplayer to make the game even mildly exciting.

9. "I mean, only old creepers be playin' your game."
Actually, the average Terraria youtuber is pretty much the same age, if not younger than the average Minecraft youtuber.

10. "While in your game you can't even mod."
Avalon Mod: +375 Items +4 bosses +alot of mobs. Still updating.
MOAR Tiers Mod: +75 Items +2 bosses +a couple of mobs. Huge update coming.
Thorium+ Mod: +450 Items +3 bosses +40 mobs
These are 3 examples of the 7 biggest and best mods.

11. "Last time you went outside? I'm thinking never."
That's because Terraria doesn't get boring, opposed to Minecraft.

12. "Please, your game style's been irrelevant since '96."
Most Kirby and Mario games are 2D, not to mention Super Smash Bros Brawl.
If you were referring to pixelation, you're an enormous hypocrite.

13. "Even Roblox is better than you."
Roblox Ratings: 8/10 (80%), 7.8/10 (78%). Average: 7.9/10 (79%)
Terraria ratings: 6/10 (60%), 8/10 (80%), 9/10 (90%), 9/10 (90%). Average: 8/10 (80%)
Critics disagree with this argument of the rap.

14. "Well at least Microsoft was interested in me."
See point 1.

15. "That's as original as your game concept."
Actually, no. Block jokes aren't original, Terraria is. If Terraria was a rip-off of you, it'd be 3D, right?

16. "Step up to the mic, I become aggressive"
Getting triggered is the first sign of loosing a battle, since you can't keep your cool because you're not convinced any more you can win. I know I'm psychologically nitpicking, but that's what this whole comment is for.

17. "I've never seen a rip-off so unimpressive."
See point 15.

18. "I know that you'll never test me again."
I just did, come at me bro.

19. "This is like a Wooden Plank against Obsidian."
For Minecraft = Obsidian
So you're annoying to remove when occidentally placed, and quite useless except for going to the Nether, While Terraria, the Wooden Plank, is needed in a ot of crafting recipes, is aesthetically pleasing and doesn't take 20 seconds to remove?
For Minecraft = Wooden Plank
So you're weak and can be chopped down by literally everyone, and can be set ablaze, while Terraria, Obsidian, is so strong You can only get through it with the strongest breaking force in Minecraft? (Which obviously aren't it's rhymes. :p)

Chorus Bonus Round.

Chorus 1. "This ain't no game."
It is.

Chorus 2. "I've fought through mobs and awful weather."
The weather thing actually only applies to Terraria, since there are special mobs that only spawn during rainstorms.

Chorus 3. "We just survive
all day and night."
Actually, Minecraft has the option to skip Night, and with that any form of above-ground danger, as long as they have a bed.

Super Hyped for the release of Terraria 1.3 when i first watched this trailer my mind was blown this trailer made me even more hyped for it's release all aboard the hype train everyone :merchantgrin:

I'm so looking forward to this update ... just sad that it's marred by the fact that my family is being forced out of our home :/
Wish us luck on finding a new home if you have the time.

Sudden new theory! What if the whole "super moon" thing is a battle between the sun and the moon, centered on your house! Think about it, the giant moon, SOLAR pillar, fiery and alien monsters... It all makes sense now!

Sudden new theory! What if the whole "super moon" thing is a battle between the sun and the moon, centered on your house! Think about it, the giant moon, SOLAR pillar, fiery and alien monsters... It all makes sense now!
The game can never be 100% certain where your house is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom