PC Good. Bad. I'm the Guy with the YoYo: The Terraria 1.3 Official Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I conclude that it is sand, but that the sand backwall keeps sand up, so that the underground desert is possible.
That doesn't make sense. Back wall to hold up the sand? There is still nothing under it. It's illogical.
[DOUBLEPOST=1435420513,1435420484][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pedguin speculated that it might be a kind of 'Sand stone' to make underground deserts possible.
There isn't any of that stone under it. It is just the sand

Edit: yay! Page 85

I feel like this is relevant.
ed3f3fca16.jpg
Curses, you beat me to it! :(

Last edited:
I think it'll upload the characers to the Steam cloud whenever you're online on Steam. This can probably be turned off, although I don't see why you would, really.

I can... If anyone is like me and doesn't actually use that service, due to only having one computer, and an external drive. I have formed a habit of backing things up manually, so if I were to transfer something over I will have on my external. That and internet blackouts come to mind, if not areas in which internet is limited. Thinking ahead to have my own saves at my fingertips, and not worrying whether I will have to have a connection in order to transfer things.:dryadwink:

So I would be one to actually turn that off for most games. there are a few I would have it on for maybe in the future, but I at the moment have no use for that feature. More interested in the simple connect thing mentioned, even if I can do it the normal way easily.:dryadhappy:

That and more banners...:dryadtongue:

I can... If anyone is like me and doesn't actually use that service, due to only having one computer, and an external drive. I have formed a habit of backing things up manually, so if I were to transfer something over I will have on my external. That and internet blackouts come to mind, if not areas in which internet is limited. Thinking ahead to have my own saves at my fingertips, and not worrying whether I will have to have a connection in order to transfer things.:dryadwink:

So I would be one to actually turn that off for most games. there are a few I would have it on for maybe in the future, but I at the moment have no use for that feature. More interested in the simple connect thing mentioned, even if I can do it the normal way easily.:dryadhappy:

That and more banners...:dryadtongue:
The idea of cloudsaving is that you have it saved on your PC, and have online backups which other computers logged into your Steam account can access and download.

That doesn't make sense. Back wall to hold up the sand? There is still nothing under it. It's illogical.
Yes it's illogical. Along with almost everything else in this game, plus most likely a lot of stuff that's gonna be in the update. Remember we're talking about the game where you can drink water underwater to heal yourself while drowning.
[DOUBLEPOST=1435421723,1435421672][/DOUBLEPOST]
The idea of cloudsaving is that you have it saved on your PC, and have online backups which other computers logged into your Steam account can access and download.
But aren't you only allowed to log in to Steam on one computer at a time?

Yes it's illogical. Along with almost everything else in this game, plus most likely a lot of stuff that's gonna be in the update. Remember we're talking about the game where you can drink water underwater to heal yourself while drowning.
Better even, to heal yourself of drowning.
[DOUBLEPOST=1435421803,1435421727][/DOUBLEPOST]
[DOUBLEPOST=1435421723,1435421672][/DOUBLEPOST]
But aren't you only allowed to log in to Steam on one computer at a time?
No actually, but it's kindof a painstaking progress to confirm that the other PC is allowed to log into it with mails and acceptance codes and yada yada. But both my gaming PC and laptop are logged into my Steam account at all times.

No actually, but it's kindof a painstaking progress to confirm that the other PC is allowed to log into it with mails and acceptance codes and yada yada. But both my gaming PC and laptop are logged into my Steam account at all times.
Ah, I see. That's good then. I was afraid if my brother got a second computer I'd have to buy Terraria again to play with him.

Yes, I know it's illogical. But there are 2 different kinds of illogical. There is real-world illogical and there is in-game illogical. What you said with the drowning and the water bottle is real-world illogical. in-game illogical is like if you are playing minecraft and you place a torch underwater (or something of that sort).

Floating sand is definitely in-game illogical.

Yes, I know it's illogical. But there are 2 different kinds of illogical. There is real-world illogical and there is in-game illogical. What you said with the drowning and the water bottle is real-world illogical. in-game illogical is like if you are playing minecraft and you place a torch underwater (or something of that sort).

I think it's more like with the new sand wall, the sand block is attached to the wall, and therefore does not fall since it's attached to the wall. That's what I get out of it.

It has to exist, or an Underground Desert would not work at all. Sand being able to stay up is just required. Otherwise there wouldn't be able to be caves and such.

Plus, we don't even know that they haven't just made sand float, just like every other block in the game. Blocks floating is certainly nothing new, and if they just decided to make sand float always, even though they probably didn't, that's their decision, not any of ours.

It has to exist, or an Underground Desert would not work at all. Sand being able to stay up is just required. Otherwise there wouldn't be able to be caves and such.
Back walls holding sand is dumb indeed. But what'd be logical is to have sandstone instead of sand in the deeper parts of underground desert. That'd make sense. Think of Minecraft and how its deserts are made. A layer of sand, and blocks of sandstone underneath.
[DOUBLEPOST=1435422578,1435422479][/DOUBLEPOST]I also prefer sand physics in Starbound. They look better imo.

Back walls holding sand is dumb indeed. But what'd be logical is to have sandstone instead of sand in the deeper parts of underground desert. That'd make sense. Think of Minecraft and how its deserts are made. A layer of sand, and blocks of sandstone underneath.
I'm thinking that it's just like the regular AND snow biomes. Mostly sand closer to the top, with little clumps of sandstone mixed in. And as you go deeper, the ratio slowly changes to be more sandstone than sand. But for the parts with mostly sand, there has to be a way to keep the sand up normally. I may be wrong, but if I remember correctly, back in the day, they use the Mud backwall in the Jungle for the same reason, because there was a time where Mud would fall.

I'm thinking that it's just like the regular AND snow biomes. Mostly sand closer to the top, with little clumps of sandstone mixed in. And as you go deeper, the ratio slowly changes to be more sandstone than sand. But for the parts with mostly sand, there has to be a way to keep the sand up normally. I may be wrong, but if I remember correctly, back in the day, they use the Mud backwall in the Jungle for the same reason, because there was a time where Mud would fall.
I don't remember mud doing that...

Still hoping for some new pre-hardmode Ranged armour sets. <3

Let's hope this "Fossil Armour" I've been reading about is a pre-hardmode Ranged set.

To support the theory of 4 pillars they all resemble the biomes of which the Knights Edge has come from. Seems like they are the same biome schemes; hell, jungle, corruption/Crimson, and dungeon. Not that they are that same biome types, but more or less the same color schemes.

Will the expert mode be hard but still fun? Or is the expert mode for the really terraria pros? exp. Yrimir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom