Items Powder needs more attention.

stormconure

Duke Fishron
So, basically, it makes no sense that mushrooms grow in a diseased place like the corruption but not in a pretty life-filled place like the hallow. Yes, i realize that mushrooms usually grow in dark, moist places, but in terraria they grow in the forest in broad daylight so that argument is invalid. Also, crimson players have no way of obtaining vile powder other than waiting for the blood moon and buying a crap ton of it from the dryad.

So I have a solution: a powder for every "evil" biome (and the hallow).
Sparkling Mushroom: grows like normal mushrooms, but only on Hallowed Grass. Craftable into 5 Purification Powder.
Blood Wart: grows on Crimson Grass. Craftable into 5 Blood Powder.
Blood Powder: works exactly like Vile Powder. (If cyber is added, removes cyber only)
Purification Powder: if cyber is added, removes corruption, not crimson.
Chromium Flower: grows on Cyber Grass. Craftable into 5 Steel Powder.
Steel Powder: removes crimson.

This is kinda crazy, but just in case I added plants/powders for Contagion/Covert as well. Cuz it just fits.
Poisonous Mushroom: grows on Contagion grass, craftable into 5 Poison Powder.
Poison Powder: removes the Covert.
Aloe Vera: grows on Covert grass, craftable into 5 Antidote Powder.
Antidote Powder: removes the Contagion.

Is this a good idea?

Last edited:
I don't see the Corruption as a wasteland. It is very much alive, just like most, its life just differs. It even has thorns growing constantly to try to tear you apart.

Can't say I want this idea much though, I never use any of the powders. It's always explosives to get those shadow orbs/demon hearts :/

I don't see the Corruption as a wasteland. It is very much alive, just like most, its life just differs. It even has thorns growing constantly to try to tear you apart.

Can't say I want this idea much though, I never use any of the powders. It's always explosives to get those shadow orbs/demon hearts :/
First of all, i never use explosives, so i need this. Second, what about just cleansing the corruption/hallow? Explosives dont work very well for that. You may not use powder much, but i use it all the time.

First of all, i never use explosives, so i need this. Second, what about just cleansing the corruption/hallow? Explosives dont work very well for that. You may not use powder much, but i use it all the time.

I just don't bother touching the biomes except when I get the Clentaminator. Even then, I rarely do.

Also, try to remember that I'm speaking for myself. I don't really want to try to speak for half the community on every suggestion I come across. I'm well aware that others can make use of this, I'm just stating that I don't.

I just don't bother touching the biomes except when I get the Clentaminator. Even then, I rarely do.

Also, try to remember that I'm speaking for myself. I don't really want to try to speak for half the community on every suggestion I come across. I'm well aware that others can make use of this, I'm just stating that I don't.
I realize that everyone has their own opinion and i respect that, but it seemed like you werent supporting this just because it didnt apply to you. Sorry if i interpreted that the wrong way.

To adress your statement on barely touching them in hardmode, thats a bad idea. That will just let your corruption spread and spread, possibly taking out the jungle unless the hallow is protecting it, and even infest your town. A good idea is to contain both right when HM starts, or use powder.

I realize that everyone has their own opinion and i respect that, but it seemed like you werent supporting this just because it didnt apply to you. Sorry if i interpreted that the wrong way.

No, you're spot on. I just think this is too trivial of a thing. I can't say that I strictly don't want this.

To adress your statement on barely touching them in hardmode, thats a bad idea. That will just let your corruption spread and spread, possibly taking out the jungle unless the hallow is protecting it, and even infest your town. A good idea is to contain both right when HM starts, or use powder.

I've done a lot of play-throughs of Terraria. A lot of them I take as much time as I can playing casually. Even then, the evil biomes don't spread as much as people say it does. The spreading effect is greatly exaggerated and I do my best to tell people that, mostly on threads where people desperately ask for help to contain the corruption/crimson in fear of it 'destroying' their world.

No, you're spot on. I just think this is too trivial of a thing. I can't say that I strictly don't want this.
I support things i wouldnt use all the time. For example, im a melee user only, and i actually posted a thread on adding another ranger weapon to Golem's drops to balance it out a little. I dont support things just cuz i want them, i support things because they would balance the game out better, or add something the game has been in need of for a long time.
I've done a lot of play-throughs of Terraria. A lot of them I take as much time as I can playing casually. Even then, the evil biomes don't spread as much as people say it does. The spreading effect is greatly exaggerated and I do my best to tell people that, mostly on threads where people desperately ask for help to contain the corruption/crimson in fear of it 'destroying' their world.
I still like to have a purified world. Eventually, given enough time, corruption will in fact infect the whole world, though it takes a while. I just wanted a more convenient way to obtain the items for controlling it. Yes, the clentaminator is effective, but its also expensive. If this was added, cleansing your world would be completely free, though it may take a long time.

I support things i wouldnt use all the time. For example, im a melee user only, and i actually posted a thread on adding another ranger weapon to Golem's drops to balance it out a little. I dont support things just cuz i want them, i support things because they would balance the game out better, or add something the game has been in need of for a long time.

I still like to have a purified world. Eventually, given enough time, corruption will in fact infect the whole world, though it takes a while. I just wanted a more convenient way to obtain the items for controlling it. Yes, the clentaminator is effective, but its also expensive. If this was added, cleansing your world would be completely free, though it may take a long time.
You forget that the spread of corruption can be completely stopped by simply digging a few hellavators. Same goes for the Hallow. I haven’t seen the percent corrupt/hallowed change it a really long time.

Back
Top Bottom