Console The Best Laid Plans: An Apology, a Promise, and the “Additions” Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the big map was moved to a slot in the inventory and the mini map is toggled with select? And the inventory can have an auto pause option like PC. (Auto pause would be very helpful for Frost Moons)

Which one is correct? There's a thread that states there's gonna be a massive update. This one says theres gonna be updates more often less content.Which one is correct?

Ok so i learned this from one of the moderators these are his words exactly.

Me: which thread is right

Leinfors:I don't see a contradiction; the most recent thread "Community Takes Control" indicates that a full 1.2.4 version will be coming soon, hopefully by the end of the year. Note that the "Year Ahead" thread was posted the same day as a smaller update came out, so both are true; a smaller update came shortly after that, and there is a larger update coming in the next few months"

Here is what i personally think, I think relogic should have finished getting all the other things like all consoles and phones up to date before they made another game. I as a console player feels so under privileged

Here is what i personally think, I think relogic should have finished getting all the other things like all consoles and phones up to date before they made another game. I as a console player feels so under privileged
505 does console and mobile, Re-Logic does PC. But I understand that you feel underprivileged.

So, how is it that 505, who does mobile as well as console, can update mobile, but not throw consoles a bone in the form of some sort of update? Mobile has a pic of Fishron in their forum form 505. I really don't think that it is too much to ask for some sort of update from 505 for consoles.

So, how is it that 505, who does mobile as well as console, can update mobile, but not throw consoles a bone in the form of some sort of update? Mobile has a pic of Fishron in their forum form 505. I really don't think that it is too much to ask for some sort of update from 505 for consoles.
Because 505 publishes but CodeGlue develops Mobile and Engine develops console. It's not unreasonable for one development team to have news worth announcing and the other to not. :)

Because 505 publishes but CodeGlue develops Mobile and Engine develops console. It's not unreasonable for one development team to have news worth announcing and the other to not. :)

Ok that makes sense, i was just wondering. Just wish we could hear something about the console status update.

It's not unreasonable for one development team to have news worth announcing and the other to not.

I understand what you're saying, Nike. But here's the rub:

- console users see mobile players receiving four or five status updates, the latest of which says they are a couple of weeks away from releasing 1.2.4, while console players have heard nothing.
- This doesn't even include all of the status updates PC players have been receiving about Otherworld.
- the last thing console players heard was in August, basically saying, "Sorry we screwed up your last update. You'll get 1.2.4 by the end of the year."

I am sure you can understand the frustration that comes with console players being the last to get the big updates, especially now that mobile will be surpassing us* while they are the newest to Terraria.

All console users really want to hear is, "hey, we're still alive and still on target." For all we know, it could be delayed til Q1-2 2016 or it could be out tomorrow.

*I'm assuming this is true, since console players haven't heard that we're receiving ours any time soon.

I understand what you're saying, Nike. But here's the rub:

- console users see mobile players receiving four or five status updates, the latest of which says they are a couple of weeks away from releasing 1.2.4, while console players have heard nothing.
- This doesn't even include all of the status updates PC players have been receiving about Otherworld.
- the last thing console players heard was in August, basically saying, "Sorry we screwed up your last update. You'll get 1.2.4 by the end of the year."

I am sure you can understand the frustration that comes with console players being the last to get the big updates, especially now that mobile will be surpassing us* while they are the newest to Terraria.

All console users really want to hear is, "hey, we're still alive and still on target." For all we know, it could be delayed til Q1-2 2016 or it could be out tomorrow.
I totally understand the frustration. But the fact is that everything that can be done is being done already. Setting up a community manager while trying to develop and bug test an update isn't the easiest thing in the world. Mobile was able to pull it off sooner, not sure why, I don't see everything that goes on behind the scenes. I'm just doing my best to respond to all of your comments with the knowledge that I do have at my disposal. :)

*I'm assuming this is true, since console players haven't heard that we're receiving ours any time soon.
Well you know what they say about assuming ;)

All console users really want to hear is, "hey, we're still alive and still on target."

This right here. We don't necessarily need details, if we just heard that they are still, at this point, on schedule, would make me happy.

But again, I understand it's a huge process, and it does take time. and Thank you Nike for taking the time to respond.

I can't wait for the new content! I gave in and was playing just now on vita and a bezoar finally dropped again after I lost one to a savecrash last month. Then I equipped it, went to manually save and Yay it crashed and lost that one too!

So I can only imagine how exciting it'll be to lose all kinds of new items when they finally come out. It's basically of like a minigame itself: 1. Find a rare item drop. 2. Play save roulette and see if you get to keep it!

I am seriously excited at the possibilities. In fact, if the actual bug ever gets fixed they should incorporate a random crash while saving option so we can continue having as much fun as we currently are.

I can't wait for the new content! I gave in and was playing just now on vita and a bezoar finally dropped again after I lost one to a savecrash last month. Then I equipped it, went to manually save and Yay it crashed and lost that one too!

So I can only imagine how exciting it'll be to lose all kinds of new items when they finally come out. It's basically of like a minigame itself: 1. Find a rare item drop. 2. Play save roulette and see if you get to keep it!

I am seriously excited at the possibilities. In fact, if the actual bug ever gets fixed they should incorporate a random crash while saving option so we can continue having as much fun as we currently are.
On that issue, the vita crash logs have been going to Sony, I know we have requested them but I'm not certain they have obliged.

E
Ok so i learned this from one of the moderators these are his words exactly.

Me: which thread is right

Leinfors:I don't see a contradiction; the most recent thread "Community Takes Control" indicates that a full 1.2.4 version will be coming soon, hopefully by the end of the year. Note that the "Year Ahead" thread was posted the same day as a smaller update came out, so both are true; a smaller update came shortly after that, and there is a larger update coming in the next few months"
End of the year? My adventure with terraria ends at 10-11-2015

well that's what the code says in the title screen, but that doesn't say for sure that the update will be on Nov. 5. I will be surprised if it is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom