Console The Best Laid Plans: An Apology, a Promise, and the “Additions” Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a console thread so if you're talking about android version than you're barking up the wrong tree my friend :) They just released an update for android I believe today? http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...ng-update-live-in-the-next-24-48-hours.31401/
You should download it and see if it fixed your issues :)
I could have sworn i was in the right section... You know with 505 games and all. Ok, i will got and throw my fit in the right section. Too bad the update is not available for me yet.

I could have sworn i was in the right section... You know with 505 games and all. Ok, i will got and throw my fit in the right section. Too bad the update is not available for me yet.
It's a tad tricky but this is in the 'Console - 505 Games/Engine Software' section, you want the 'Mobile - 505 Games section' :)

Copper tools but a Hammush?? smh
Also.. I'm kinda disappointed there's no fishing.. And that there isn't Boreal or Palm wood ;(
I... I Love Palm Wood;(

"Im fine with waiting for content this game is massive and loads of fun but for heavens sake please fix the Vita crashes its putting me on the brink of quitting! Btw anyone else here on vita having similar issues ie the game crashing while saving?"

"Hurry up and fix the game already or give me my money back. Its been almost a year now since the update that broke stability and you guys still have not fixed it. I am thinking it is about time for a class action lawsuit."

I'm going to quote these two posts since no one really addressed them, dismissed them etc and add this:

Vita version 1.07 is garbage. It has constantly crashed since the day it updated. The game is unplayable. It was fine before this patch. The added content is great but when you constantly lose rare items/drops because the game crashed while saving or when you turn off auto-save and manually save every 5 mins because any longer than that results in a crash or when you're doing manual saves every 5 minutes and it crashes anyway or when you open the map and it crashes: it's infuriating.

And to smartasses that say "just don't play it" please consider any other product, like your car for example, and see if that stupid statement makes any sense. I bought the game and it worked. Now it doesn't. Fix it. Simple.

Also, regarding the Vita crash logs: it doesn't tell you where they go. It doesn't allow you to view them or export them. All you can do is write an optional description and hit send. That's it. And without exaggeration I can say that I've sent about 100 of them in the last couple of months. They don't get replied to. There's no confirmation that they even went anywhere. No one acknowledges the problem ANYWHERE EVER.

And for the record: I have tried every conceivable troubleshooting step. I wiped the entire system and three different memory cards, installed from scratch, skipped the update and stayed on 1.0 (for 3 minutes because no walking over single blocks sucked) and even restored Version 1.06 from PC back up. Guess what? The only thing that stopped the crashing was that last one. So I can play now, as long as I don't want any of the new content.

(And yes, I know the second quote was about the mobile version but I don't care because vita version is broken too)

Last edited:
It isn't being ignored. That much I can promise you.

I personally raised this when it came to my attention a week or two ago (yes I am aware it went on before that - but no one ever told me).

I am curious as to where those crash logs go though - the answer likely lies within....and if they are being lost/missed, then that is the issue for this and other things moving forward.

Time to do some research. I'll see if I can get an update as well.

Thank you for the reply and for your time. Also, I apologize if I sounded like a jerk in the other post. I had been playing and a bezoar finally dropped and then crash; I was a bit frustrated at that point.

Also, I may have been dreaming this but about 10 or so days ago I swear that an update popped up. It was 1.08 and the changelog said "Various bug fixes" and I deleted my characters and worlds and started over right then. Now though, it's still 1.07 but my newest new character and world is really there. Idkwtf

No worries at all. I will let you know what I hear and find out.

We will get to the bottom of it. :)

It isn't being ignored. That much I can promise you.

I personally raised this when it came to my attention a week or two ago (yes I am aware it went on before that - but no one ever told me).

I am curious as to where those crash logs go though - the answer likely lies within....and if they are being lost/missed, then that is the issue for this and other things moving forward.

Time to do some research. I'll see if I can get an update as well.

My guess is the crash logs are being sent to Sony, but like everyone else here, we have no clue where they actually go to or what happens to it. Is there any way for you guys to contact them about it?

In any case, here's a topic I created before for the save crash issue, but I'm sure you've already seen it by now~:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/occasional-crash-while-saving.19365/

I have not only seen them by now, I have sent all of those TCF links along to 505. :)

I've asked them about crash log destination, I am also going to do some desk research on this issue today.

Okay, so, My friend has Terreria for the X-Box 360 and the Update never got to him. Is this update only for like XBox One and PS4 or all consoles, including PS3 and 360? I just want to know. I mean, I have recently just got Terreria for PC and I'm having fun with the Update although I'm not far in it cause of High School and so on. I'm just wondering so please no rude comments. Thank you!!! >~<

Okay, so, My friend has Terreria for the X-Box 360 and the Update never got to him. Is this update only for like XBox One and PS4 or all consoles, including PS3 and 360? I just want to know. I mean, I have recently just got Terreria for PC and I'm having fun with the Update although I'm not far in it cause of High School and so on. I'm just wondering so please no rude comments. Thank you!!! >~<
Which update? PC is on 1.3.* (some hotfix), console is pretty much at PC version 1.2.2 with a couple things from 1.2.3, the rest of 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 will be coming in the next few months.

Which update? PC is on 1.3.* (some hotfix), console is pretty much at PC version 1.2.2 with a couple things from 1.2.3, the rest of 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 will be coming in the next few months.
All I know is that I believe Console got the update of 1.2.3. which I believe included new weapons and the background of Hell (Or whatever you wanna call it) I dunno. Please, dont make fun of me. All I know is that Console was supposed to have an update and my friend never got it for 360..

Here's some info I forgot to mention in my other posts but I think I may have seen referenced before:

At random times my character will glitch through the first layer of a naturally generated vertical wall. If it's sand the suffocation debuff pops up; otherwise there are no ill effects. Lately I've been trying to jump toward walls to see if it happens and when it does and I dig past it or move away the game will crash *edit* when saving*, but not necessarily more than usual since it's random anyway. I just thought I'd mention it in case is relevant.

All I know is that I believe Console got the update of 1.2.3. which I believe included new weapons and the background of Hell (Or whatever you wanna call it) I dunno. Please, dont make fun of me. All I know is that Console was supposed to have an update and my friend never got it for 360..

What version number does his Terraria say (should be at the lower right of the main menu)

Here's some info I forgot to mention in my other posts but I think I may have seen referenced before:

At random times my character will glitch through the first layer of a naturally generated vertical wall. If it's sand the suffocation debuff pops up; otherwise there are no ill effects. Lately I've been trying to jump toward walls to see if it happens and when it does and I dig past it or move away the game will crash *edit* when saving*, but not necessarily more than usual since it's random anyway. I just thought I'd mention it in case is relevant.
Not relevant in this thread but in the bug reports section, yes.

Fishing, minecarts, mounts, visible accessories, tons of materials. It's all coming soon enough...
and when it comes, i am building the largest build i have ever attempted (pretty big) in honor of it's glory -
a single build spanning most of the length of a large world.
I'll probably record the entire process.

Any ideas on further content? Just got into the game and was wondering how often you guys release updates etc. You guy have created an amazing game and a fantastic experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom