Console The Best Laid Plans: An Apology, a Promise, and the “Additions” Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next round of console content was announced to be arriving in Q4 2015.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-year-ahead-the-community-takes-control.28918/

Really glad you enjoy it! :)

Is there hope for an interim patch to address the issues with saving/crashing? Is it possible to pull the 1.07 update from PSN so we can at least reinstall to a playable state?

Every time I pick up my Vita I tap Terraria and hit update just in case but I'm always disappointed and end up just putting it down again.

So much good stuff there!

Appreciate 505 stepping up to own the past and dedicate themselves to the future. We certainly look forward to partnering with them there.

Love the fixes to Mobile of late - its come so far pretty fast. Still some fixing to do...and the tease of more content after that is quite nice.

Topping it off with a new console content update and that clever mobile app (which I guess acts like a "dual screen" world map would functionally?) is even better.

Am I the only one that wants to throw a party for the demise of the "Drop Button"? No more randomly dropping important stuff into lava...
Somehow you are always the first post on information like this xD

Somehow you are always the first post on information like this xD

I thought everyone knew I had a time machine by this point. :p

(In all seriousness, I tend to know when any big announcements like this are coming and have a part in getting them set up correctly here on TCF ;) )

(In all seriousness, I tend to know when any big announcements like this are coming and have a part in getting them set up correctly here on TCF ;) )
Loki, we all know that your admin position is just a ruse; you can't possibly know this information, especially not when you're official Re-Logic staff.

well we're in October..the countdown truly begins and hopefully the update doesn't get delayed by the estimated release window.

He's the community manager and the forums are the community.
He's also our internet service provider, but that's not the topic of this thread.
Still excited for the update. Don't remember mobile 1.2.2 ever happening, but 1.2.3-4 is where it's really at. Summoners will finally get the respect they deserve outside of PC.

He's the community manager and the forums are the community.
He's also our internet service provider, but that's not the topic of this thread.
Still excited for the update. Don't remember mobile 1.2.2 ever happening, but 1.2.3-4 is where it's really at. Summoners will finally get the respect they deserve outside of PC.

I am many things. :p

Yeah, they are adding Frost Moon along with the 1.2.3-4 content from what I've seen. :)

I just want the game to progress without crashing but the more content they add the more likely it seems that crashes will occur. This last update we had been discussing added a lot of things but I haven't been able to enjoy them due to crash, glitch through walls, try to save the game but crash etc.

If they just add on to the already screwy system then I doubt the issue will be fixed and since no one *edit* knew anything about the crashes and the Vita bug reports seemed to be a new heretofore unknown thing up until last month no one likely even knows about the issues in the first place.

Just let psn push a rollback to 1.6 and I'll do without the "Additions" update but will be content knowing I can safely save after a rare drop rather than not even caring if something drops because most likely I'll lose it upon saving anyway and then get pissed off and avoid playing for another month.

tl;dr - fix the broke stuff before adding more stuff thx

Last edited:
About the Vita crashing while saving issues, it happens very commonly with the current update, but it would only happen rarely with the previous update (once out of every 50-200 saves perhaps). Something with these updates are causing the crashes to occur more and more commonly as they are implemented.

Last edited:
perhaps further optimizations should be made. As beautiful as the moving backgrounds are on the Vita it might save some RAM to just remove them similar to how they will be for the 3DS version. Have you guys had this happen on ALL world sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom