Other Game Pokémon

What is Your Favorite Pokémon Type?

• Total voters
I do hate that event Pokemon in Gen 6 usually don't have set IVs or natures. It's a pain resetting for those on the off-chance I might use it. Especially since they've done it for events in like Gen 5, like for the Genesect movie premiere in Japan, they gave out a Shiny Genesect with guaranteed 31s in Attack and Speed.

Nintendo Direct in a couple of days! I'm really hoping for some kind of news involving the new Zygarde forms in a game, not the anime!

And if they just announce some kind of Yo-Kai thing I'm gonna go to Japan and find out what Game Freak has planned personally!

I do hate that event Pokemon in Gen 6 usually don't have set IVs or natures. It's a pain resetting for those on the off-chance I might use it. Especially since they've done it for events in like Gen 5, like for the Genesect movie premiere in Japan, they gave out a Shiny Genesect with guaranteed 31s in Attack and Speed.

Well in Gen VI all legendaries, event or not, have at least 3 guaranteed max IVs (as long as there isn't a glitch like there was with some people's event Diancies, including mine), but they don't seem to extend that same favor to non-legendary events. Which is why I'd much rather they give us legendaries than normal Pokemon like Zoroark, even setting aside the rarity of legendaries in general.

I would never want set natures for events. It's not that hard to soft reset until you get the one you want and not everybody wants the same one.

I would never want set natures for events. It's not that hard to soft reset until you get the one you want and not everybody wants the same one.

They've given out set natures before, but generally yes, I'd agree with that. With IVs it's okay to max all or most of them because with very few exceptions (Trick Room, opponents' Foul Play, Hidden Power) you'll always want your Pokemon to have them maxed, but most Pokemon have a number of natures they can use.

Though it might be fine if they limited it to a set pool of natures that would be good for that Pokemon, for instance on a Haxorus you could get either Jolly or Adamant and on something with mixed potential like Salamence you could get Jolly, Adamant, Naive, Naughty, Hasty, Lonely, or Rash. That would require them to know the game a bit, though. But at the very least they should block Lax and Gentle, in fact they should remove both of those from the game entirely, there is literally no reason for either of them to exist.

Yeah. Generally when you aren't using your attack stat you want it to be 0, although that's a pain to breed for so I usually don't bother.

So Red, Blue, and Yellow are coming out on the 3DS eShop next February. Awesome, I never got a chance to play them (though I did play Leaf Green), so I'll almost certainly be picking at least one of them up.

Apparently they will also allow connectivity among themselves via the 3DS's wireless functionality, which is unheard of for Virtual Console games. Hopefully this'll set a precedent for future VC games. No word on whether they'll be compatible with 6th gen games, but probably not. It'd be cool if you could transfer your Pokemon up to XYORAS through Bank, though.

I'm hoping they'll fix all the glitches and exploits, too, but according to the article on their website "the games remain true to the originals", which means that in all likelihood they'll go the lazy route and release them completely unaltered. Which is too bad because it'd be interesting to see what a Gen I metagame would be like with Ghost actually affecting Psychic as intended.

It's been proven that Missingno. doesn't delete your saves. All it does is fun, and can really only be encountered if you try to find it.

It doesn't delete your save, but it does have other harmful effects like destroying your hall of fame and ruining game balance by letting you duplicate items.

And the only really fun thing about glitches like that is the pleasure of discovering something that the creators didn't intend to be there, but by now all the glitches have long since been discovered and catalogued. They might have been cool in the original release, but nowadays they no longer have a place.

I'd much rather see GF add new, intentional secrets that weren't in the original release of the game, like a secret method for obtaining Mew (the truck anyone?) or even a few Pokemon from newer generations. I doubt they will, though.

It doesn't delete your save, but it does have other harmful effects like destroying your hall of fame and ruining game balance by letting you duplicate items.

And the only really fun thing about glitches like that is the pleasure of discovering something that the creators didn't intend to be there, but by now all the glitches have long since been discovered and catalogued. They might have been cool in the original release, but nowadays they no longer have a place.

I'd much rather see GF add new, intentional secrets that weren't in the original release of the game, like a secret method for obtaining Mew (the truck anyone?) or even a few Pokemon from newer generations. I doubt they will, though.
Y-you
You get to the truck by a glitch though...

Y-you
You get to the truck by a glitch though...

Just rearrange a few sprites so you can get to it, after all there's not a Mew under there in the original version either. :p

But anyway what version are people planning on getting? I'm kind of undecided since I like Arcanine and Scyther, but I also like Ninetales and Persian. Blue has slightly more version exclusives that are good competitively (Persian and Victreebel are both OU in Smogon's gen I format; how long we've come since then), so I might get that one. But muh Arcanine. And Scyther.

I'm not sure if I'll get Yellow since I dislike the anime, but on the other hand getting all three starters sounds pretty good. I'll probably get either Red or Blue first and then decide if I want Yellow.

So Red, Blue, and Yellow are coming out on the 3DS eShop next February. Awesome, I never got a chance to play them (though I did play Leaf Green), so I'll almost certainly be picking at least one of them up.

Apparently they will also allow connectivity among themselves via the 3DS's wireless functionality, which is unheard of for Virtual Console games. Hopefully this'll set a precedent for future VC games. No word on whether they'll be compatible with 6th gen games, but probably not. It'd be cool if you could transfer your Pokemon up to XYORAS through Bank, though.

I'm hoping they'll fix all the glitches and exploits, too, but according to the article on their website "the games remain true to the originals", which means that in all likelihood they'll go the lazy route and release them completely unaltered. Which is too bad because it'd be interesting to see what a Gen I metagame would be like with Ghost actually affecting Psychic as intended.
Now all we need is Hey You Pikachu for the Wii U. :naughty:

image.jpeg
yes

Back
Top Bottom