Other Game Pokémon

What is Your Favorite Pokémon Type?

• Total voters
I've been working on National Dex completion in my Omega Ruby cart as of late, since I got Pokemon Bank and can exchange stuff between X and OR by myself.. It's really a paaaain, though. I imagine this is lots easier to do on X/Y due to their larger regional dex, but it's easier to level in ORAS with the Level 100 Toxic Orb Blissey bases. Plus, I think Shiny Charm is much more useful in ORAS.
I've at least gotten a lot of the painful stuff out of the way, like item-based trade evos (PORYGOOOOOOOOON). There's still a ton of evolutions to get though, and mashing through 40 level ups is boring.

I'm at 549 caught, although removing event legendaries, that's 538. I'm making good progress. Bunch more I need from Gen 5 and X, though.

Only legendary I use in battles is Jirachi. It makes a good Stealth Rock lead and can really annoy things with Thunder Wave and Serene Grace Iron Head. Plus it's so darn cute. It makes people flinch when they see it.
I'd have helped you, I was at around 400s, with lots of Gen V since it's my favorite gen, but the game reset.

So they finally revealed the details for the US Hoopa event! It'll be at... McDonald's? That's kind of weird, have they ever given away event Pokemon at McDonald's before? I was expecting it to be Gamestop or something like that.

Or better yet, a Wi-fi event. Why do they still make people go places when they have Wi-fi? I guess I can't really complain since McDonald's is everywhere.

Does Nintendo distribute Pokemon events? I would've thought Game Freak did that.

Anyway I'm not fond of McDonald's food, so I'll probably just find a spot to stand outside the restaurant creepily while I download stuff, or something.

Does Nintendo distribute Pokemon events? I would've thought Game Freak did that.

Anyway I'm not fond of McDonald's food, so I'll probably just find a spot to stand outside the restaurant creepily while I download stuff, or something.
If it's like Gamestop events in the past, you have to go in and get a card with the code.

If it's like Gamestop events in the past, you have to go in and get a card with the code.

It's through Nintendo Zone. I think this is the first time they've distributed Pokemon events through Nintendo Zone, but they've given out events wirelessly at Gamestop and other places before.

This event Zoroark is pretty nifty.
Seriously though, what's with America and :red:ty events? Japan gets the legends and the shinies and what do we get? An event once in a while that is easy just to go out and get yourself in a half hour, and an event that requires us to be near a participating place. God, at least Japan's "go here" places are stuff like a festival or a place for pokemon stuff and not just a place probably randomly picked because Gamestop is being a :red:.

Apparently it knows Sludge Bomb, lol. I guess that could be kind of useful competitively, but considering it can't be passed on through breeding, the only actual competitive use it'll find will be in simulators.

I'd still get it if my 3DS could still get on the Internet if only for its collector's value, but I'm not terribly concerned about missing it. The Hoopa is the only event I care about at this point.

Speaking of events, have they announced anything with regard to Volcanion? I imagine it'll hopefully be distributed sometime next year. That thing is gonna shake up competitive with Steam Eruption.

I've seen a guy sweep a whole team of hacked Volcanion with a Meditite so I dunno... I am still eagerly awaiting news on it though.

So I managed to rig up my computer so that I can use it as a hotspot, which I'd tried before, but only now did it decide to work... Anyway, I downloaded the Zoroark, and I lol'd at the card description. Yeah, Sludge Bomb sure opens up a lot of new possibilities for that Illusion. Now you can disguise yourself as Pokemon like... Venusaur... Tentacruel... Roserade... actually, I think that's it as far as Pokemon that use Sludge Bomb competitively and don't learn any of Zoroark's other moves.

Of course its real strength is that it gives Fairy-type coverage, which is pretty good for Zoroark. Too bad that not only can this Zoroark not pass it down but it doesn't even have any guaranteed IVs, so it's a competitively useless gesture. You'd think Game Freak would've learned how to play their own game by now. I guess it's kinda cool as a collector's item, since I like Zoroark, but really. They could have at least given us some guaranteed IVs.

So is the Zoroark a wifi event?
Sorry, haven't been keeping up with recent events, though I have a reason to again since my friend was able to recover my Pokemon, but not my save data.

Yeah, it's a standard Wi-fi download. It can only be downloaded on ORAS, though, for some reason. Not that XY players are missing much.

So I managed to rig up my computer so that I can use it as a hotspot, which I'd tried before, but only now did it decide to work... Anyway, I downloaded the Zoroark, and I lol'd at the card description. Yeah, Sludge Bomb sure opens up a lot of new possibilities for that Illusion. Now you can disguise yourself as Pokemon like... Venusaur... Tentacruel... Roserade... actually, I think that's it as far as Pokemon that use Sludge Bomb competitively and don't learn any of Zoroark's other moves.

Of course its real strength is that it gives Fairy-type coverage, which is pretty good for Zoroark. Too bad that not only can this Zoroark not pass it down but it doesn't even have any guaranteed IVs, so it's a competitively useless gesture. You'd think Game Freak would've learned how to play their own game by now. I guess it's kinda cool as a collector's item, since I like Zoroark, but really. They could have at least given us some guaranteed IVs.
I've never played competitive, and I think I speak for all non-competitive players when I say all Game Freak is doing is distributing a cool Pokémon with a decent move it can't normally learn. A lot of people will use it in the main game if only for the fact it's cool. Although it would have been better in Gen V when Zoroark was still "fresh and awesome".

I've never played competitive, and I think I speak for all non-competitive players when I say all Game Freak is doing is distributing a cool Pokémon with a decent move it can't normally learn. A lot of people will use it in the main game if only for the fact it's cool. Although it would have been better in Gen V when Zoroark was still "fresh and awesome".

I'm not really a competitive player either, I just like to collect and breed Pokemon that are good competitively. It's just kind of sad when I already have something sitting in my box that's basically a better version of this event, sans Sludge Bomb which is a minor advantage at best. Especially since they could easily have made this Zoroark actually good, but they didn't. At least when they did that Dragonite event a couple months ago (while everyone else was getting a shiny Darkrai or something like that), you could breed the ability and special move onto something else, even though the event Dragonite itself was useless. In fact I'd like to see them make more event moves breedable, doing it for Dragonite was such a great idea but as far as I know it's the only one.

I'm also just kind of salty about the IV system as a whole, which is what makes events that should be cool like this one underwhelming. They really need to rework that.

I'm not really a competitive player either, I just like to collect and breed Pokemon that are good competitively. It's just kind of sad when I already have something sitting in my box that's basically a better version of this event, sans Sludge Bomb which is a minor advantage at best. Especially since they could easily have made this Zoroark actually good, but they didn't. At least when they did that Dragonite event a couple months ago (while everyone else was getting a shiny Darkrai or something like that), you could breed the ability and special move onto something else, even though the event Dragonite itself was useless. In fact I'd like to see them make more event moves breedable, doing it for Dragonite was such a great idea but as far as I know it's the only one.

I'm also just kind of salty about the IV system as a whole, which is what makes events that should be cool like this one underwhelming. They really need to rework that.
They could do what a lot of fan games do and give the event Pokémon perfect IVs and a set nature.

They could do what a lot of fan games do and give the event Pokémon perfect IVs and a set nature.

Honestly I'd love it if they did that, especially since it'd help more people get into competitive battling. I've only done a little competitive battling, but it was really fun, and it's ridiculous how prohibitive it is for people who don't have massive amounts of time to pour into the game (or who hack, or who get lucky and get a max-IV Ditto off Wonder Trade, like I did). The legendaries, event or otherwise, are a step in the right direction since they have three max IVs automatically - likely to compensate for being unable to breed them - but it's not really enough. In any case I'd rather have a 3-IV legendary than common stuff like Zoroark.

Maybe I'm trying to choose while begging, I dunno, but that's how I feel.

Actually though, that reminds me, now that I've solved my 3DS connectivity problem, it is in fact true that I have a max-IV Ditto plus tons of breeding rejects from a lot of Wonder Trading, so if anyone has something they'd like me to breed for them, I'd be happy to do so. Depending on what you want and how good you want it to be, I might have one I can give you sitting in my bank already, in fact. I know I definitely have several perfect jolly Trapinch, since Flygon is my favorite Pokemon so I've done a lot of Flygon breeding, lol. I don't exactly need anything in return, though something at least semi-rare would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom