3DS Terraria for Nintendo 3DS is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving this version been playing since I got it for Christmas. Is there any plans to bring online play to the 3ds so we don't only have to play local WiFi.?

So, after reviewing a list of the items that were included in 1.2.1, and the 3DS version, it seems the build is closer to 1.2.1 than 1.2.0, as there is the Halloween event, and the Dryad sells pumpkin seeds. If that's the case, we're already one step closer to catching up to consoles.

Portable consoles, with their small screens, limited save space, etc, are always going to have sacrifices made to get them functioning. Features like dyes may come in time, but mobility is the trade-off you get in exchange for these. Not for everyone, sure, but its definitely for some.
My biggest gripe with the 3ds version (bearing in mind I'm a die hard Terrarian) is how small the worlds are. They felt even smaller than on mobile and I can't see how you can have a meaningful boss fight if you run out of running space!! I'm not impressed so far and I hope that they look to implement medium or even large worlds.

My biggest gripe with the 3ds version (bearing in mind I'm a die hard Terrarian) is how small the worlds are. They felt even smaller than on mobile and I can't see how you can have a meaningful boss fight if you run out of running space!! I'm not impressed so far and I hope that they look to implement medium or even large worlds.
3DS has less RAM than modern smart phones... less RAM means smaller worlds. Though I don't believe they are actually any smaller than mobile, can't say for certain though.

3DS has less RAM than modern smart phones... less RAM means smaller worlds. Though I don't believe they are actually any smaller than mobile, can't say for certain though.
It just feels like it only takes a minute to get from the spawn to the ocean and on other platforms the worlds are enormous in comparison. Don't get me wrong I still play it, it just feels a bit naff that everything is so small.

It just feels like it only takes a minute to get from the spawn to the ocean and on other platforms the worlds are enormous in comparison. Don't get me wrong I still play it, it just feels a bit naff that everything is so small.
I get it. The fact is that even Redigit thought it would be impossible to port to 3DS a couple years ago. This is the only way it's possible given the system limitations.

I get it. The fact is that even Redigit thought it would be impossible to port to 3DS a couple years ago. This is the only way it's possible given the system limitations.
With the topic of the 3ds for terraria, with the limitations of the N3ds(wish surpasses the original 3ds), it's likely the N3ds could get larger worlds. I could go on why its better to get the N3ds (xenoblad chronicals, amibbo, ect.) but then it would get boring;)

With the topic of the 3ds for terraria, with the limitations of the N3ds(wish surpasses the original 3ds), it's likely the N3ds could get larger worlds. I could go on why its better to get the N3ds (xenoblad chronicals, amibbo, ect.) but then it would get boring;)
And they might add that later but they'd rather not divide their player base right now.

And they might add that later but they'd rather not divide their player base right now.
Good idea because not many have new 3ds's though if you do that alot of people might switch including me ;) and are there cleminators in 3ds because i need it soon my world is getting destroyed by the corruption and hallow after recently changing to hard mode I don't care that it is the second most expensive item i need it before my world is totally corrupt. :( I'm so getting the fairy bell and being a legend of Zelda fan it shall be named navi

Last edited:
Good idea because not many have new 3ds's though if you do that alot of people might switch including me ;) and are there cleminators in 3ds because i need it soon my world is getting destroyed by the corruption and hallow after recently changing to hard mode I don't care that it is the second most expensive item i need it before my world is totally corrupt. :( I'm so getting the fairy bell and being a legend of Zelda fan it shall be named navi
It should be. You need to defeat a mech boss to get the steampunker to move in.

Congratulations Team logic, i look forward into seeing this game on the nintendo now only if minecraft was that smart:D
...What exactly are you referring to? If you're making the claim that Minecraft's holders are not "smart enough" to bring the game to a Nintendo console, be aware that Minecraft released for Wii U on December 17, 2015.

This is the game's information page on the Nintendo of America website.

And here's the information page for Nintendo of Europe's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom