Weapons & Equip Do you feel that any of the Lunar armor sets need to be redesigned or fixed in some way?

RetroGenesis

Official Terrarian
I feel that the Nebula armor outshines the three, specifically it's set bonus. I think that the Vortex and particularly the Stardust set are lacking in some capacity. I have not used to Solar armor yet. I would like to hear others opinion on this topic if they wish to comment.

It's depending how you see it, all the other armors are now meant for a tactical way. Especially the summoner armor.

I dislike Solar Armor in multiplayer.

Before it, you could make Turtle Armor for your defensive melee players and the offensive ones could roll Frost or Chlorophyte.
When you hit Beetle tier, you could have your defensive players go defensive Beetle while the other ones go offensive Beetle. You still have a dedicated tank.

Solar, though? Either your main tank needs to give up an accessory slot for Flesh Knuckles, or all the other players have to stay at Beetle. It's pretty unsatisfying being prohibited from progressing in gear.

I still say there should be a Flesh Knuckle + Paladin's Shield tinker so you can have the person tanking ensure they take the aggro. Another option would be a second Solar breastplate, but it may be a little too late into the game to suggest something like that.

Solar, though? Either your main tank needs to give up an accessory slot for Flesh Knuckles, or all the other players have to stay at Beetle. It's pretty unsatisfying being prohibited from progressing in gear.

I still say there should be a Flesh Knuckle + Paladin's Shield tinker so you can have the person tanking ensure they take the aggro. Another option would be a second Solar breastplate, but it may be a little too late into the game to suggest something like that.

I'm pretty sure Solar Armor also attracts Aggro? Unless you are saying you dislike that fact.

I'm pretty sure Solar Armor also attracts Aggro? Unless you are saying you dislike that fact.
It does attract it. That's the problem. All of your melee users gain the same level of aggro attraction unless somebody gives up an accessory slot for Flesh Knuckles. Previously, Turtle gives aggro on all three pieces, and defensive Beetle gives aggro on all three while offensive only gives it on two, so everyone can upgrade their armor.

This is really only a nitpicky thing for me; I enjoy playing tanky characters in multiplayer and I have friends who enjoy going full damage melee. I'd be less miffed if there were options available for keeping enemies on me.

I admittedly have no idea if Calming Potion is the answer I'm looking for, however. It's one of the few things I've never bothered testing.

Mechanically, I feel like the Stardust set bonus could use some work. I understand that it's supposed to keep enemies at a distance, but it just doesn't seem all that effective at its job. I want to say "increase its range", but at the same time that doesn't really go all that well with the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure motif they seem to be pushing (those who know how Stands in that show work will know what I mean). Personally I think it would be cool if you could activate the guardian the way you do normally, but upon doing so, your character's movement speed is slowed noticeably. When enemies get up close in front of you, the guardian starts punching away (ORAORAORA). The punches wouldn't do much damage (so as to not take away any limelight from melee), but the knockback would be spectacular; on par with the Slap Hand.

Aesthetically, I don't like the Solar Flare shield very much, and I think it would be cooler if the set bonus showed up as some kind of fiery Super Saiyan aura outlining your character.

Yeah, I'm very anime-inspired, I know.

I dislike Solar Armour. In my opinion, the bonus is not worth it, especially in single player. Since there's a charge time required for each shield stage, it's not very useful in scenarios where you're like to be hit a lot - bosses, invasions, Moon events - you're not going to have damage free time for it to charge up.
Beetle Armour (attack bonus) and Turtle Armour (Thorns effect) are better. (The best defence is a good offence? :)) The Solar Armour bonus would be more effective if the shield charged as a result of attacking enemies, like Beetle Might.

The Stardust Armour's Guardian bonus is a good idea in theory, but doesn't work so well in practice. But I do like the minion count increase! Nothing as awesome as having your own personal army of bodyguards! The Guardian might be better with a range attack, if it was more accurate and/or dealt more damage. I don't think it's aggro-attraction works very well.

Back
Top Bottom