tModLoader The Thorium Mod

So uh...I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but the soul cleaver seems to proc the spectre armors bonus?

So uh...I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but the soul cleaver seems to proc the spectre armors bonus?
Nope not intentional... I swear I make that mistake every single update. I'm gonna Speed run this Arcane Armor Fabricator gear and update again tomorrow. I got the hardest part, the tile animation, out of the way. So apologies for the rapid fire updates!

Yet, again, no new guns (WHICH AR' NOT HARDMODE ORE GUNS). I'm loosing hope on me to get anywhere with the guns.. It's just, you get either a flintlock as a starting Ranged weapon, or the Handcannon from the Dungeon, then you get the Pheonix Blaster and you move with it till you get an Uzi or you get a shotgun, and you make a Megashark with which you hang out untill you have the vortex beater, and then you get teh SDMG. I just typed only 7 weapons you use. Bloody 7! That's not enough! All the guns in the mods feel useless, as the SDMG and the Sniper Rifle always are the best, and it's sad. No EndGame gear except Terrarium, but what about other sets? Like, The Elder set or something. Come on Sam, I know you can do it! You're the only mod developer who reminds me of Avalon and ROtD.

My answers are always found in the OP xD thanks diver

Now that all is ported what are your plans for the mod?

I know a few are going to add some kind of super hard mode thing, are you planning anything like that?

I'm also so glad to see a yo-yo in the last update :p

Yet, again, no new guns (WHICH AR' NOT HARDMODE ORE GUNS). I'm loosing hope on me to get anywhere with the guns.. It's just, you get either a flintlock as a starting Ranged weapon, or the Handcannon from the Dungeon, then you get the Pheonix Blaster and you move with it till you get an Uzi or you get a shotgun, and you make a Megashark with which you hang out untill you have the vortex beater, and then you get teh SDMG. I just typed only 7 weapons you use. Bloody 7! That's not enough! All the guns in the mods feel useless, as the SDMG and the Sniper Rifle always are the best, and it's sad. No EndGame gear except Terrarium, but what about other sets? Like, The Elder set or something. Come on Sam, I know you can do it! You're the only mod developer who reminds me of Avalon and ROtD.
There's only so much I can do with such a boring style of weapon. Shoots a single projectile in a straight line, what am I supposed to do with that? Make it travel in bizarre patterns? Make it home in on enemies? Bullet types already do that. There isn't much I can do to guns besides make them shoot faster, do more damage or have auto reuse. If you have some UNIQUE ideas, I'm all ears. And no explosion bullets, that's rockets shtick!

There's only so much I can do with such a boring style of weapon. Shoots a single projectile in a straight line, what am I supposed to do with that? Make it travel in bizarre patterns? Make it home in on enemies? Bullet types already do that. There isn't much I can do to guns besides make them shoot faster, do more damage or have auto reuse. If you have some UNIQUE ideas, I'm all ears. And no explosion bullets, that's rockets shtick!
Try making a gun act like a clockwork assault rifle but with 4 bullets ;)
Thats just my 2 cents on the idea but there is always room for improvement

Maybe a gun that works similar to a sniper rifle but instead of straight it shoots downwards from the sky and it's a giant laser. You know like an orbital ion cannon type of thing.

How about a gun that operates like Gatling guns do in some games. As you hold the mouse button down, the gun warms up, slowly increasing fire rate while movement is progressively stunted. That would make for a cool playing style where you need to position yourself away a bit to have enough time to warm up the gun completely for the full DPS before the enemy manages to hit you. You could even try it with the gun warm up being reset if you get hit by anything.

OR.

A gun whose projectiles get stronger the more times it ricochets off walls, up to a max of 2.

How about a gun that operates like Gatling guns do in some games. As you hold the mouse button down, the gun warms up, slowly increasing fire rate while movement is progressively stunted. That would make for a cool playing style where you need to position yourself away a bit to have enough time to warm up the gun completely for the full DPS before the enemy manages to hit you. You could even try it with the gun warm up being reset if you get hit by anything.

OR.

A gun whose projectiles get stronger the more times it ricochets off walls, up to a max of 2.
So a gun variant of the Phantasm? Losing all of your dps by being hit (which you WILL be hit) sounds terrible unless this thing does insane amounts of damage to compensate.

Also a gun that gets stronger as it ricochets off walls doesn't sound too useful. How often are you fighting in an arena where you have walls that make use of it?

So a gun variant of the Phantasm? Losing all of your dps by being hit (which you WILL be hit) sounds terrible unless this thing does insane amounts of damage to compensate.

Also a gun that gets stronger as it ricochets off walls doesn't sound too useful. How often are you fighting in an arena where you have walls that make use of it?
Well, the whole point is to come up with weapons that change your playing style. Otherwise, what's the point of even modding.

Calm down buddy.

Well, the whole point is to come up with weapons that change your playing style. Otherwise, what's the point of even modding.
I mean yeah that's the entire point but at the same time you can still make weapons interesting AND useful without being too gimmicky. Like these new hardmode staves Diver made aren't the strongest but they present some interesting new methods of dealing damage while still being useful.

I mean it's entirely possible still since he made the Celestial bow (which is extremely good, fun, and unique) so it's not out of the question honestly.

Speaking of those staves though. The Cobalt one I think (the one that does a double orb instead of triple) seems to bounce at an insane speed but doesn't travel very far and...I think it's bypassing blocks? At least while I was test firing it on some enemies in an arena I made they ball kept like bouncing through the one tile floor. Is that supposed to happen?

Back
Top Bottom