Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

then when i move into the Terraria folder i get this
upload_2016-6-2_14-39-7.png

no where in any of this is there a mod loader or anything of the sort

The mods folder should actually be located at "Users\<your username>\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods
If you have multiple Documents folders (as in the case of my brother where for some reason it was saving his Documents on OneDrive instead of his hard drive), I'd recommend checking all of them.
Whoops, I'm sorry! I got myself mixed up. This should be correct for Windows users.

Greenknight: I see you're a fellow Mac user! Sorry about the directory mixup. On OSX, go to Library/Application Support/Terraria. If this isn't right, I'll check again as soon as I get back home.

I've a problem, you said that the issue with dissapearing monsters was now fixed, but in Thorium Mod, while playing in multiplayer expert mode, some bosses can't spawn correctly like the Thunder Bird, and others directy doesn't spawn, like the jellyfish or the green Ragnarok.
in Singleplayer everything is ok, can someone tell me what's wrong ?:c

Whoops, I'm sorry! I got myself mixed up. This should be correct for Windows users.

Greenknight: I see you're a fellow Mac user! Sorry about the directory mixup. On OSX, go to Library/Application Support/Terraria. If this isn't right, I'll check again as soon as I get back home.
DUDE YOU SAVED ME thx so much it was there i really cant thank you enough. But thanks to everyone who tried to help

DUDE YOU SAVED ME thx so much it was there i really cant thank you enough. But thanks to everyone who tried to help
Great to see you've fixed the problem! It's almost too bad that most people use Windows - OSX users are often left in the dark, others assuming you know the file locations already (or being unable to help).

For future reference, just keep in mind that most applications will store their data in a Library/Application Support/ folder. It should be the first place you look when trying to find game saves or other application-specific data.

Hello, I've been fiddling with tModLoader and I've written a couple mods for it, so I'm pretty comfortable with the code base, but I believe I've found a bug with the most recent update for tModLoader (haven't tested in the previous version(s), but the bug didn't ever occur until now, so).

The issue:
When I place a switch down, attach wire, and place my item that triggers the Wiring, the player's vanity set disappears, the wiring does not trigger, and the switch toggles indefinitely (as does the sound effect). Also, the player's speed shoots up to 51mph, although no actual movement occurs. These effects are consistent with ever time I replicate the bug.

EDIT: It actually was my mod, even after I disabled it. This is confusing, but I think the issue is how I'm triggering the wiring. How can we trigger a wire pulse elsewhere on the map? I was using this code:
Code:
Point16 pt;
for(Point16 loc in ourWireLocations)
{
    Wiring.SkipWire((int)loc.X, (int)loc.Y);
    Wiring.SkipWire((int)loc.X, loc.Y - 1); // two tiles tall

pt = new Point16(loc.X, loc.Y);
    Wiring._wireList.PushBack(pt);
    Wiring._toProcess.Add(pt, 4);
}
This code was working prior this most recent update, but now the bug described above is all it causes, and only if the tile that triggers the above code is connected to the switch's wire.
Any ideas on a fix?
Hm, I'll look into that. Thanks for letting me know!

I've a problem, you said that the issue with dissapearing monsters was now fixed, but in Thorium Mod, while playing in multiplayer expert mode, some bosses can't spawn correctly like the Thunder Bird, and others directy doesn't spawn, like the jellyfish or the green Ragnarok.
in Singleplayer everything is ok, can someone tell me what's wrong ?:c
The Thunder Bird is a problem with the mod itself. The mod is attempting to spawn the boss in code that only gets called client-side, when monsters can only be spawned server-side.

Hm, I'll look into that. Thanks for letting me know!
Thanks, sir! I'd be willing to send you my mod code if it'll help in sorting out the bug? I'm almost certain the bug shows only when trying to trip/add wires that aren't connected to the current wires being tripped. Once this is resolved, perhaps some convenience methods can be added to help modders do this sort of thing, but that's up to you.

And what happens with the other bosses (like jellyfish and green ragnarok) that doesn't even spawn?:(
With the queen jellyfish, it looks like player.adjWater needs to be true in order to use the item. However, that field is only set in client-side, and the monster spawning needs to happen server-side.
Can you tell me the name of the green ragnarok?

Thanks, sir! I'd be willing to send you my mod code if it'll help in sorting out the bug? I'm almost certain the bug shows only when trying to trip/add wires that aren't connected to the current wires being tripped. Once this is resolved, perhaps some convenience methods can be added to help modders do this sort of thing, but that's up to you.
Hm, the code would help with tracking down the bug faster.

I'm gonna quote this from earlier because I didn't get a response, I assume it was lost in the people trying to find their mod folder.
Don't set item.consumable to true.

With the queen jellyfish, it looks like player.adjWater needs to be true in order to use the item. However, that field is only set in client-side, and the monster spawning needs to happen server-side.
Can you tell me the name of the green ragnarok?

Yeh, Omnicide, the Life Defiler.
So, the only ones who can fix that is the creators of Thorium Mod, or i can modify some file for it to work?

Yeh, Omnicide, the Life Defiler.
So, the only ones who can fix that is the creators of Thorium Mod, or i can modify some file for it to work?
Hm, I see some server problems in its AI, but it looks like those problems should be shared among all of the titans so I'm not sure what's happening there.

I'm guessing the only ones who can fix it is the creators, since I'm assuming they have their tmod file set to unreadable.

Hm, I see some server problems in its AI, but it looks like those problems should be shared among all of the titans so I'm not sure what's happening there.

I'm guessing the only ones who can fix it is the creators, since I'm assuming they have their tmod file set to unreadable.
That's sad:(, anyways, thanks so much for ur response!

Back
Top Bottom