Cenx
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Cenx, I just want you to know something. Take your time for 1.3, don't rush. Also, while you're at it, why not made the cyber? You'll have a whole year :happy: no, but seriously, take your time. I appreciate all your guys' hard work on this game and expect 1.3 to bring a lot with it.
    Qw2
    Qw2
    I see that advertisement you threw in there. :dryadnaughty:
    He's right though, take your time (though you probably don't need to hear this twice)
    How far do you think the terraria updates will go. Do you think you will ever stop updating terraria Cenx. ( please don't)
    Dakota Spine
    Dakota Spine
    I never said the modding tool we have isn't good, and that isn't my mentality. I am by no means putting down tAPI, because amazing mods have already come from it. I am just saying that another tool that just about anybody can use without knowing much about coding and stuff would be cool, official or not.

I didn't mean for my comment to come off in a negative light.
    Kyouko Tsukino
    Kyouko Tsukino
    I usually see "no modding tools" as a good thing, myself... Because it keeps a lot of "fine" ideas from being done. Less genitalia-shaped weaponry is always good.
    Dakota Spine
    Dakota Spine
    The way I see it is that sure, you're gonna have the people that are immature. But I would rather have that, and just ignore those while meanwhile letting everybody show their creativity with their own mods.

However, I do see your side of things. Rather not having those at all. It's completely understandable.
    You seen any cows around here? No? Well, thats another fruitsteakless day.

What will I do with today's 9 million gold though..
    Terraria for Gameboy Color or riot!!
    OFF
    OFF
    now i'm expecting a terraria version for metal lathes, then i'll buy a lathe only to play terraria on it while crafting the finest things
    Can I Get Uhhh
    Can I Get Uhhh
    Guys, Terraria for the Calculator, or perhaps headphones , how about a printer?
    Chazm
    Chazm
    Waiting for a Cosmos engine port.
    I wonder if in 1.3 is "Purple Flame dye", because we have normal, Green and Blue Flame Dye but not Purple.
    Varsia
    Varsia
    Red, green and blue get flames, the others get gradients. There's no other difference than the name.
    willsp
    willsp
    on the subject of dyes, who else wants a red and yellow dye to make the molten armour look like Iron man?
    Varsia
    Varsia
    How about a 'primary dye' and 'secondary dye' slot.
    Basically works like the combination dyes, except you can use any combo in any fashion.
    Hey Cenx. Any idea if UTF-8 support will be coming to us in 1.3, or in the near future?
    Kiddles
    Kiddles
    In basic terms, support for more unicode characters, including that of Russian and East Asian characters. If we get support for UTF-8, then not only can players chat in those languages in multiplayer, but we can also get those respective translations for the game itself, even if it's just through modding.
    GoldenTerrabyte
    GoldenTerrabyte
    Would that also allow the Lenny face to be pasted into chat?
    Kiddles
    Kiddles
    Lenny face uses all Latin characters, but Terraria's sprite font won't allow some symbols from the Latin sets. All one would have to do for that is make a sprite font that enables such characters.

Calling UTF-8 strings in the game itself, like for items, NPC's and such, would enable modders to, not only make a translation patch for various languages, but also make/translate mods in various languages, as well.
    Not asking for spoilers right now, but when you're in the mood to post a huge spoiler, maybe a video of you fighting the EoC in Expert Mode? I've already said this, but I think that it'd be epic.
    Sorry, Cenx, I understand the reason for confusion.
    Cenx
    Cenx
    No worries guy, apology accepted. :)
    GamerUnity
    GamerUnity
    The offer's still up though. And put a title for the first Warning too like "New Enemy Approaches" or "Y U Do Dis?"
    Hey Cenx, if development on 1.3 started immediately after 1.2.4.1, then that would mean that tomorrow would mark a full year of development for a single update.
    Reactions: James Harrow
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    So, are you guys going to do anything to celebrate this milestone?
    Kyouko Tsukino
    Kyouko Tsukino
    To celebrate the anniversary of starting the work on 1.3, they'll take another year to release it.
    FlakMaster
    FlakMaster
    @gallantEclipse No, not really. I'm basing it on playing games that I know have a small dev team. And games/updates come out of them very slowly in comparison to large companies such as EA/Ubisoft/Activision.
    wait a tic. does this mean terrarians have mouths now?
    Kyouko Tsukino
    Kyouko Tsukino
    They always had, they just didn't have anything of consequence to say that couldn't be said by summoning a speech bubble.
    Cenx
    Cenx
    What KT said. :p
    willsp
    willsp
    as funny as these replies are I think you misinterpreted me, what I meant to say was does this mean that terrarians will show there mouths (while talking, drinking, etc.) now?
    Cenx I know you hate when people ask you this but is the release date ( june ) set in stone or do you think you will make any changes?
    Beacuase you had a 1.2 trailer will you have a 1.3 trailer?
    Azu
    Azu
    "When it's done".
    Cenx
    Cenx
    We really want to stick to our June release date but as always, if we don't feel it is ready we will not release it. :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom