Recent content by ItsTheKais

1. ItsTheKais

How do you make a flickering light?

As built, the left gate has a 1/5 chance of toggling the light on every timer pulse. That also turns the right gate on, which turns itself back off and toggles the light again on the next timer pulse. You can adjust this by adding or removing OFF lamps on the left gate. More lamps means more...
  2. ItsTheKais

How do you make a flickering light?

I feel like y'all are overthinking this a bit, unless I missed something. Here, have a cleaner flicker circuit: This one doesn't make timer ticking sounds every time the light flickers, either (maybe you wanted that, but I can't stand when my circuits make unnecessary noises).
  3. ItsTheKais

Tails and most backpacks disappear while mounted

When riding a mount or minecart, any tail or backpack that comes from your armor or accessories disappears. Backpacks worn as a result of holding an item (Leaf Blower, Clentaminator, Elf Melter, etc) are unaffected and appear normally. Other "back" accessories like wings and capes also appear...
  4. ItsTheKais

Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

I'm not calling all of pre-hardmode a brief moment. I'm calling the period of time when you have all of the town pylons - the point where pylons are at their most practical - a brief moment. You only get the last one post-Wall of Flesh, Universal Pylon notwithstanding. You (used to) unlock the...
  5. ItsTheKais

Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

I disagree with teleporters becoming available post-Skeletron. That's way, way too early, and minimizes the benefit of pylons too much. The spot they were in previously (post-first-mech) was perfectly fine, allowing all of the town pylons to shine for at least a brief moment before the more...
  6. ItsTheKais

Blocks & Decoration Make the Video Visage placeable

The Dryad wants to watch a nature documentary and I'm not about to stand here with the TV on my head for ninety minutes. Let me put the dang thing on a table or a dresser or something. You know, places where TVs go?
  7. ItsTheKais

Working as Designed Player sensors cannot teleport players

To add on to what both of them said, you can still use the player sensor to drive a teleporter as long as the pulse that reaches the teleporter is not the pulse that came from the sensor. My standby is to connect the player sensor to a projectile trap aimed point-blank at a teal pressure plate...
  8. ItsTheKais

**REPORTED** Piranha Gun's piranhas sometimes all return to the gun if one returns early

While shooting the Piranha Gun, if one of the three mechanical piranhas returns to the gun, this sometimes causes the other two piranhas to immediately return as well, even if they haven't flown their max range yet or are still attached to something. Easiest way to reproduce this is to aim...
  9. ItsTheKais

**REPORTED** Guide to Environmental Preservation prevents traps from breaking objects

Having either of the environment-protecting guide books active stops several traps from breaking things as well. I noticed this when I built a dirt skybridge to farm stars and strange plants, and set up some dart traps to keep it clear of blinkroot, but they wouldn't cut the plants unless I...
  10. ItsTheKais

Texture Pack Kais's Tweaxtures!

Okay, "shortly" turned into a month and a half because Steam is a very good program made by very competetent developers. Please excuse the delay. The Whatever series is now live on the Workshop and in the OP, including the newest entry-and-a-half which is right on time for the wrong holiday.
  11. ItsTheKais

Hello, it's been a while! I've updated Kais's Costumes with a few touches to the fox set that I made in, uh, November of last year? And then forgot about? Whoops. (Does anyone even remember that this forum exists anymore?) Speaking of being very late to the party, I've also finally posted...
  12. ItsTheKais

PC Visual issue with night sky on Constant worlds

In Constant seed worlds, around midnight (about 11:25 PM to 12:35 AM), a glitch appears in the night sky that obscures the moon and stars behind a blocky black pattern. This appears to be related to light, as swinging light-emitting weapons can push the blackness away for a few seconds. Use of...
  13. ItsTheKais

Items DST Equipment might need a huge buff...

Weird idea for a Lucy buff: what if she increased the odds of getting fruit from treehits? Maybe that's too involved a change, but it would be very satisfying if the tool from Don't Starve helped you to not starve.
  14. ItsTheKais

The way the trapped chest icons work is, one of the tiles for placed red wire gets put next to the sprite of the regular chest. Trapped chests don't have distinct inventory sprites, and you can't give them one even if you want to! Which I know, because I wanted to. Since you can't change them...
  15. ItsTheKais

Time for an update, including a new pack! The orange Wire Cutter has been removed from Kais's Whatever, and in its place is a new surprise for my fellow dart-loving rangers... meanwhile, those Wire Cutters have been adopted by the fresh new Kais's Wire Fu, a pack aiming to improve the Terrarian...
Back
Top Bottom