• Terraria is 10 years old! Join the celebration with contests, prizes, and chats with the dev team here
  • PC NEWS: 1.4.2.3 update is out! More info here. Report bugs here
  • CONSOLE 1.4 NEWS: The current plan is to have Terraria: Journey's End out for Xbox and PlayStation in Q3 2021 (Jul-Sep). Switch will follow shortly afterwards. More info here. Stay up to date with console news here
  • MOBILE NEWS: Stay up to date with the latest mobile news here. Report mobile bugs here

Recent content by ItsTheKais

1. ItsTheKais

Texture Pack Kais's Tweaxtures!

The way the trapped chest icons work is, one of the tiles for placed red wire gets put next to the sprite of the regular chest. Trapped chests don't have distinct inventory sprites, and you can't give them one even if you want to! Which I know, because I wanted to. Since you can't change them...
  2. ItsTheKais

Time for an update, including a new pack! The orange Wire Cutter has been removed from Kais's Whatever, and in its place is a new surprise for my fellow dart-loving rangers... meanwhile, those Wire Cutters have been adopted by the fresh new Kais's Wire Fu, a pack aiming to improve the Terrarian...
  3. ItsTheKais

Tool [Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 2 | SUPERCHARGE YOUR TERRARIA! (1.4 compatible!)

The Traveling Merchant Spawn Chance tweak might be calculating the daily spawn chance incorrectly. At the default per-tick spawn chance of 1/108000, TT2 puts his daily spawn chance at 25%. The wiki, however, estimates it at 22.12%, using this formula: 1-(107999/108000)^27000 = 0.2212001339. I'm...
  4. ItsTheKais

Tool [Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 2 | SUPERCHARGE YOUR TERRARIA! (1.4 compatible!)

Modify Villager Distance Thresholds (2167) fails to patch. Everything else I've tried is working in 1.4.1.2.
  5. ItsTheKais

World load detector

The most unclear part of this is the settle detector. When a settle happens, water that is trapped in solid blocks first tries to escape downwards, and it only gets deleted if it can't do that. You can observe this easily by placing a single bubble block in midair, dumping a bucket of water...
  6. ItsTheKais

World load detector

Boy, I sure do love to fix things that weren't broken! I'm so glad that the wise and talented developers at Re-Logic are so diligently removing game mechanics that didn't hurt anyone and enabled the creation of cool and useful devices like my World Load Detector! /sigh But you know what? I'm...
  7. ItsTheKais

Please send help, I can't stop making plugins about zoom levels. This one saves the zoom and opacity of the minimap and overlay map between sessions, because why should the poor game have to waste its time on preposterous things like remembering your settings?
  8. ItsTheKais

Journey's End 1.4: Official Item Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

It wasn't actually changed in 1.4 or beyond, but I'd like to bring up the reindeer mount. It's my favorite mount for aesthetics, but functionally it's... lacking, considering it's apparently intended to be on the same level as the UFO. My first issue is just with getting it in the first place...
  9. ItsTheKais

Made another small plugin to fix an annoyance of mine. Uploading it in case someone else finds it handy. The game looks very nice at 150% zoom, but will look fuzzy and unfocused if it's a fraction of a percent off, which is what happens when you try to set the zoom to 150% because the slider is...
  10. ItsTheKais

Thanks for the patience, folks. I'm happy to report that Soon™ has been upgraded to Now™! Kais's Costumes has been updated! The cosmetic armors that were already affected (cat, fox, wolf, space creature) have been updated to bring them in line with updates to the vanilla armors. I've also added...
  11. ItsTheKais

The weird thing is, my plugin wasn't causing any issues at all when applied to Terraria 1.4.1(.1) using the previous version of TT2 (2.3.1405.1). It was only after updating TT2 to 2.3.1141.0 that my plugin started crashing the game. Not to accuse you of causing this or anything, I just thought...
  12. ItsTheKais

As of this TT2 update, my Disable Mushroom Perma-Night plugin was causing the silent-insta-crash to occur 100% of the time. Apparently Terraria/TT2 doesn't like Main.DoDraw being messed with anymore? Either way, here's an update that fixes this. (All I did was change the method being patched...
  13. ItsTheKais

PC 1.4.1 - NPC Happiness Feedback

For whatever it's worth, I've found the change valuable. I want to build towns with decently-sized buildings with a nice buffer between them, so I can fit plenty of decor. The pre-1.4.1 distances were way too cramped for my liking, but the new distances give me... still not quite as much wiggle...
  14. ItsTheKais

Texture packs turn themselves off every time the game updates

I am not having resolution issues, and it is only resetting the first launch after an update releases.
  15. ItsTheKais

Texture packs turn themselves off every time the game updates

Whenever the game updates, all texture packs turn themselves off. This is basically the game going out of its way to make the player do menu busywork, so can it please not? Thanks.
Top Bottom